Vistas On The James

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some Condos still for sale

Vistas was totally reserved within a week of taking reservations last year. However, when it came time to actually sign at the line, some rethought their decision. Out of about 160 condos, over 120 have been sold. About 23 condos are still for sale. The price ranges from 200k to $1.35 million. While it might not sound like good news that the project isn't sold out totally yet, IMO the news is more good than bad....

To date, all buyers have been individuals, White said. There are no corporate investors, as in the nearby Riverside on the James multi-use project, which was finished last year.
Just some more info from the article:

The $47 million project will have a fitness room, business center, club room and secured parking. The monthly association fee will be about $250.

The first level will be for retail and commercial tenants. The next five levels are for parking, while the seventh through the 18th floors are residential.....

Hi folks. Just got in last night from Florida.

I think the headline by Carol Hazard in Sunday TD's June 18th's Real Estate Section has a negative ring and will probably do little to spur further condo sales at Vistas. The header reads "River Condos Still for Sale As Some Bail", and is followed by "As Vistas on the James Rises, 40 Percent of Buyers Rethink Their Preconstruction Deals".

Yet, within the story, she goes on to say that as of last week 23 condos were available and that, in all, 121 condos (out of a possible 160) are sold. I've never been good at math, but that doesn't sound like a 40 percent bailout to me!

But Cam, they're still holding that $1.35 million unit for you. Better get your check in soon. :lol:

I think the headline by Carol Hazard in Sunday TD's June 18th's Real Estate Section has a negative ring and will probably do little to spur further condo sales at Vistas. The header reads "River Condos Still for Sale As Some Bail", and is followed by "As Vistas on the James Rises, 40 Percent of Buyers Rethink Their Preconstruction Deals".

Yet, within the story, she goes on to say that as of last week 23 condos were available and that, in all, 121 condos (out of a possible 160) are sold. I've never been good at math, but that doesn't sound like a 40 percent bailout to me!

But Cam, they're still holding that $1.35 million unit for you. Better get your check in soon. :lol:

Hey, Burt! How was Florida?

I'm waiting for them to become the apartments in Good Times. DYNOMIIIIITE!

Shak, Charleston is a trend? You would say that... tell that to a city that has its own dance! THEIR OWN DANCE!

Cam, I believe Shak's comment about "a trend" was in reference to the Vistas news story, not Tommy's Charleston trip. :)

The trend I am referring to is a general real estate trend. It does not mean that all condo projects have the same trend. It is something that is expected to happen.

Archived