The VUE

Tim3167

Although I am not a frequent contributor, I'm on this site 3-4 times a day to read about new developments happening downtown and most of the really insightful information comes from OrlandoNative. If you are the person I think you are...thank you for all the hard work you have done for this site as well as Orlando and I look forward to hearing about your new and exciting projects.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you know what, F*** it, im right here just to piss you and DelGreco off. Anybody else who wants to side with them and state that I was being childish has probably never contributed anything to this site either.

I would love to know what type of insider information you guys have produced, I'll wait.......oh yeah you haven't. I build them, and you two have something to talk about.

O'native...I hope you are back. I only joined recently but have been reading for a long time. I live far away but invest in Orlando. The distance makes it hard to know what is really going on and I'm grateful for people like you.

Warm regards.

I don't post much anymore but I do visit this site everyday and I always look forward to what Orlandonative has to say. Orlando is turning into the city I always wanted it to be and it is a real treat to hear about these buildings from someone that is a part of the industry.

Welcome back, Orlandonative!! :thumbsup:

I got to tell you guys. (Let me qualify this statement by saying this is just my opinion), I don't think that Turners performance on this project bodes well for The Verde. As much as I like TT, Verde is (again my opinion) one of the most crucial projects currently on the table.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I got to tell you guys. (Let me qualify this statement by saying this is just my opinion), I don't think that Turners performance on this project bodes well for The Verde. As much as I like TT, Verde is (again my opinion) one of the most crucial projects currently on the table.

O'Native -- what makes Verde so crucial in your eyes? I'm asking because I own a property very close by and therefore I really want Verde to be built as well. Thanks!

I personally think TT is slightly more of an important project because it is of an opulent nature and will be perhaps the gateway to Lake Eola, more so than the VUE, Dynetech or Rosalind

I think the fact it appears that TT has flexed major muscle to keep 205/215 from being approved by the MPB is indicative of the influence this project has

If anything, Verde is of major importance for the sake of Uptown, this project will probably determine if the Flatiron, North Orange, Sky, etc get built so I say bring and bring it soon

The start of this has been delayed way too long and I'm getting quite concerned

I personally think TT is slightly more of an important project because it is of an opulent nature and will be perhaps the gateway to Lake Eola, more so than the VUE, Dynetech or Rosalind

I think the fact it appears that TT has flexed major muscle to keep 205/215 from being approved by the MPB is indicative of the influence this project has

If anything, Verde is of major importance for the sake of Uptown, this project will probably determine if the Flatiron, North Orange, Sky, etc get built so I say bring and bring it soon

The start of this has been delayed way too long and I'm getting quite concerned

I would actually argue that the opulent nature of Tradition Towers makes it less important than a project like the Verde, where people who would presumably rent there (it is still an apt project, yes?) would also be contributing to the daily life of downtown (live.work.play).

I would actually argue that the opulent nature of Tradition Towers makes it less important than a project like the Verde, where people who would presumably rent there (it is still an apt project, yes?) would also be contributing to the daily life of downtown (live.work.play).

Couldn't agree more. Verde not only should contribute more to the daily life of downtown, more so than TT, it should also serve to act as more of a catalyst than TT, theoretically spurring much greater development in what now is primarily a stagnant section of the city core. TT, despite its significant architecture, is pretty much more of the same: a new toy for the well off in an already stimulated section of the city. Cool project, no doubt. But Verde has so much potential.

Couldn't agree more. Verde not only should contribute more to the daily life of downtown, more so than TT, it should also serve to act as more of a catalyst than TT, theoretically spurring much greater development in what now is primarily a stagnant section of the city core. TT, despite its significant architecture, is pretty much more of the same: a new toy for the well off in an already stimulated section of the city. Cool project, no doubt. But Verde has so much potential.

Yes and the demand for rentals is high because of all the condo conversions that have happened in Orlando. Rents are supposed to go up almost 10% next year because of this.

Here's the nail, here's the head. Praha and GRS just hit it perfectly

BTW, (we might have covered this already and it is completely unrelated), supposedly there is a twin brother of Hue going into 801? I don't keep up with much of our restaurant discussions on here so if it is an overly redundant subject then I do appologize.

Yes and the demand for rentals is high because of all the condo conversions that have happened in Orlando. Rents are supposed to go up almost 10% next year because of this.

I pose this question and this is just everyones opinion.Potentially how many renters and how many owners do you all think will live in the downtown core?Or how many project do we have uc or proposed that will be apartments for rent versus owners?

Man I don't know? It could be any number of things (material leadtime miscommunications, shop drawimg coordonation, shear idiocracy). Typically an extertior glass package contract like this would have been written a long time ago. Obviously, the idea is to chase the formwork up ang glass it in as soon as you go. Assuming that takes place you are able to mobilize a full time framework team to get busy on the guts, and life goes on.

Either way, I think somone will be loosing their jobs. This thing is a joke. I'm just as confused as you bud. Sorry. Do any of you guys have reservations? Have they alluded to the possibilties of delays in move in dates?

Definetly not a huge fan of Turner construction, this is one of the reasons why.

Man I don't know? It could be any number of things (material leadtime miscommunications, shop drawimg coordonation, shear idiocracy). Typically an extertior glass package contract like this would have been written a long time ago. Obviously, the idea is to chase the formwork up ang glass it in as soon as you go. Assuming that takes place you are able to mobilize a full time framework team to get busy on the guts, and life goes on.

Either way, I think somone will be loosing their jobs. This thing is a joke. I'm just as confused as you bud. Sorry. Do any of you guys have reservations? Have they alluded to the possibilties of delays in move in dates?

Definetly not a huge fan of Turner construction, this is one of the reasons why.

What is the big issue with the glass? The subcontractor? Turner? It does seem like the glass is going in faster now that they are off of the 2 story units. Who is the sub anyway?

Glass subcontractors are a weird bunch. This information hasn't been made public until now, but on the Solaire/Plaza, B&G had to release their sub and taught their concrete formwork guys how to install glass. That's pretty amazing when you think about it. This is the difference between sub par GC's with big names and the ones that are the real deal. B&G's self-perform capability is what truly sets them above most

Glass again though is a tricky deal. There is a huge amount of coordination that takes place in order to install it. You've got the formwork guys that worry about the embeds, the precast sub resposible for the finished opening, the glass sub resposible for supply and conformance to their original shops. Put it all together and it all falls on the G.C. And the field engineers once it all arrives.

In the meantime I guess everyone just shows up to work and prays that today is the day.

I wonder if it has something to do with wind code??? I was told the windows were to withstand up to 115mph winds, didn't hurricane charlie bring close to or winds that exceeded that especially above ground level. If this is the case one major hurricane from the east and we will be waiting another two years for windows in The Vue.

I'm curious... what sort of ball could have been dropped?

Dont work for Turner so I have no idea. However, having dealt with glass shop drawings and take-offs until I was blue in the face, I can only reiterate my previous post which was regarding the extreme complexity of glass buildings. Either way everyone else who should be working is sitting around with their thumbs up their you know what waiting for them to get their business in order.

Archived