The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, the tower will be 406'. The photos with the courthouse in them are with The Vue still about 3 floors short plus the parapet, with the exception of the close up. Sorry about the weather, it started raining. I think it actually looks cool in some of the photos.

There appear to be some duplicates but I suppose it is better to have too much than not enough?

Here we go:

todd021.jpg

todd020.jpg

todd019.jpg

todd018.jpg

todd017.jpg

todd015.jpg

todd014.jpg

todd013.jpg

todd012.jpg

todd011.jpg

todd010.jpg

todd009.jpg

todd007.jpg

todd005.jpg

todd006.jpg

In that third-to-last pic you can see Peobody and Rosen Centre over the horizon. Thats some pretty good distance.

You should see it when its not overcast and raining, clear as day.

Bulldogger: its funny becasuse all day it had been just beautiful. About 5 minutes prior to arriving at the site it starts to drizzle. By the time we climbed to the 35th you could barely see the Plaza. Here I am trying to hold drawings and stay dry :rofl: ...guess you had to be there.

I didn't really go up there with the intentions of buying, as it was all work related, but the longer I stood there the more I am considering it. This would be the unit orientation, however the actual one would be up one floor and is a two story unit. Unfortunately the pictures do it very little justice:

todd012.jpg

todd011.jpg

todd005.jpg

Throw in a Paramount, Cap Plaza III, Dynetech, 55W and a Tradition Towers and this view wont be to shabby. Im also looking at Tradition Towers but you never know where you'll be in 3 years. However, as I walked the job, The Vue isin't really moving that fast. They are definetly behind schedule (currently) as can clearly be seen in the basics such as the glass which I've pointed out before. The MEP trades are also moving pretty slow so we'll see. When all is said in done they are planning on doing closings Fall of next year.

Wouldn't Dynetech block the south west view and rosalind block the south view and livingston block the north view and the new office building next to courthouse will block the northwest view...

u guys should buy the air rights like Tradition.

If you look south, I don't think there is anything to look at right now. Dynetech and Tradition Towers will be the things to look at.

It also showed that Orlando's downtown is small.

Whereas, when I look at it, I see tower cranes everywhere, I see growth.

good views, man. great shots.

406'. well, that's still good. obviously. now, hopefully Verde gets goin' soon.

So, did you by any chance ask a Turner employee about the Verde project?

Sorry I just saw this.

No I didn't. I was walking the site with the architect who didn't know anything about it.

It also showed that Orlando's downtown is small.

I will say this: ORL can't beat other cities via bldg. height. the "war" will be won with sheer volume (not that there is a war);

right now, we have more office space that Tampa DT and I believe Miami CBD (less Brickell). Now, they need to focus on getting these other projects going. I believe that the more projects get built, the frequency of new ones being proposed increases substantially. we'll see some big things once Solaire and Vue start taking on tenants.

Also remember, in those same views, 55W and Dynetech have yet to rise. THat's some good density in the works for that area.

I will say this: ORL can't beat other cities via bldg. height. the "war" will be won with sheer volume (not that there is a war);

right now, we have more office space that Tampa DT and I believe Miami CBD (less Brickell). Now, they need to focus on getting these other projects going. I believe that the more projects get built, the frequency of new ones being proposed increases substantially. we'll see some big things once Solaire and Vue start taking on tenants.

Also remember, in those same views, 55W and Dynetech have yet to rise. THat's some good density in the works for that area.

I don't know what boundaries you're using for Miami's CBD, and if you're comparing Miami's CBD to the entire Orlando metro area, but, that statistic seems wacky.

I don't know what boundaries you're using for Miami's CBD, and if you're comparing Miami's CBD to the entire Orlando metro area, but, that statistic seems wacky.

Where were you when these stats were posted on UP a couple months back?

We've already beaten this to a pulp, which is why I referenced that they did not include Brickell in that stat.

***whoever posted that article, please re-post it again so I don't have to go back for like a hour and waste my time trying to find it again.

The downtowns with the most office space according to that study done in 2004 are as follows (did not include CNL II or newer):

1. Jax

2. ORL

3. Miami

4. Tampa

Before this boom even got going, ORL's DT office space numbers were very high comparatively. Now, add in CNL II and all the office space since 2005 and ORL is out-pacing other FLA cities with new DT office growth.

Archived