The VUE

Tim3167

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok there are about three floors of windows left on the west side of the building. Has anyone else heard why the windows took so long? I heard that the person in charge of ordering the windows made an error, (i believe it was a typing error) and ordered the wrong size so the $6 million dollar order of glass was done wrong and someone lost out big. A new order was placed and waited, now we have windows, and we are happy.

Ok there are about three floors of windows left on the west side of the building. Has anyone else heard why the windows took so long? I heard that the person in charge of ordering the windows made an error, (i believe it was a typing error) and ordered the wrong size so the $6 million dollar order of glass was done wrong and someone lost out big. A new order was placed and waited, now we have windows, and we are happy.

That sounds pretty unrealistic. Where would a person get info like that?

doesn't sound too outrageous

remember NASA lost a millions of dollars on one of their Mars rockets due to some one forgetting to convert some numbers

stupid mistakes happen and big blunders like that are not so uncommon

but who knows if thats true or not, but it doesnt sound too off base to me

I drove by today and I could be wrong about this but it looked like they have been installing lights for the first floor that faces Eola. Not sure if that is retail or what but it looked like they were attached to the ceiling to illuminate the floor below them. Maybe they have been doing stuff like that is why we haven't seen to much progress on the glass.

When is the VUE supposed to be complete? I have sometime this year. Is that still possible?

Yeah, they can definetly do it. Most of the building appears to be dried in so regardles of weather,

they can work. Keep in mind the MEP trades come in and do overhead coordination for their first floors when the building is barely vertical. Meaning that major ductwork, plumbing, and electrical feeders, ductbanks, etc. place pretty quick. Plus with metal wall framing whether you have drywall or not they start framing out pretty early.

But then again it is Turner......

Hate to say it guys and gals, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling regarding the verde. The fact is that we havent even seen Nodarse or Universal out their, so all anyone realy knows is that the land is suitable as well.... a park. Not realistic for a first or even second quarter groundbreaking. Its a shame because I believe in my humble opinion that it would do extraordinarily well. Guess we'll see. In the meantime big things are churning up in the CBD. UPSDAN, with regards to your post in the other thread regarding the property adjacent to the vue/courthouse (assuming we are on the same block) thats a yes. Cant say much yet and I havent read the MPB yet so, I'm not well versed on their position but some ideas have been thrown around. I can say that it is pending some other crucial projects' success due to the fact that it is an extremely convenient laydown area therefore it could be a while.

Im blabbering but, regardless of what happens uptown, the CBD is poised for some major moves in the next 24 months. As exciting as this is, I think we can all agree on the importance of uptown. I personally would probably give up one TT for a Verde, but whatever.

Was there a mention of The Verde in this thread? If not, it sure is on Orlandonatives mind...The Verde I think or the Ivanhoe Towers are going to be apartments...Does anyone know if they will be for sale or for rent? Also, if The Verde becomes an actual project should we start a separte thread and not discuss it on the VUE board?

Yeah, they can definetly do it. Most of the building appears to be dried in so regardles of weather,

they can work. Keep in mind the MEP trades come in and do overhead coordination for their first floors when the building is barely vertical. Meaning that major ductwork, plumbing, and electrical feeders, ductbanks, etc. place pretty quick. Plus with metal wall framing whether you have drywall or not they start framing out pretty early.

But then again it is Turner......

Hate to say it guys and gals, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling regarding the verde. The fact is that we havent even seen Nodarse or Universal out their, so all anyone realy knows is that the land is suitable as well.... a park. Not realistic for a first or even second quarter groundbreaking. Its a shame because I believe in my humble opinion that it would do extraordinarily well. Guess we'll see. In the meantime big things are churning up in the CBD. UPSDAN, with regards to your post in the other thread regarding the property adjacent to the vue/courthouse (assuming we are on the same block) thats a yes. Cant say much yet and I havent read the MPB yet so, I'm not well versed on their position but some ideas have been thrown around. I can say that it is pending some other crucial projects' success due to the fact that it is an extremely convenient laydown area therefore it could be a while.

Im blabbering but, regardless of what happens uptown, the CBD is poised for some major moves in the next 24 months. As exciting as this is, I think we can all agree on the importance of uptown. I personally would probably give up one TT for a Verde, but whatever.

Welcome to the board reguy. Verde is a Turner project, is rental, and has its own thread.

yeah... discussions of the Verde is always relevant on the Vue board b/c of Turner.

...we still haven't heard from Kodsi on his AOLTimeWarner clone, or from EA on their potential move to DT... so...

Also, would you really trade TT for Verde? Is it b/c of Verde's location in Uptown vs. TT just adding more density to the CBD?

The statement was kind of a stretch, but not really. I like the idea of TT uptown, but there is no doubt that Uptown needs a jumpstart, big time. We keep demanding residents to move downtown and to actually stay in their units but I just dont see this happening until some become rental. My fear is that perhaps financing for The Verde project has stalled out or become unobtainable. Trying to finance two twins at that height with not a one presale requires some pretty deep pockets or a fantastic potentail R.O.I. for an investor. Fact is, uptown is not a thriving neighborhood, it has no (little) street life. For the most part, people up there just seem to go home, take the dog out to crap, order take-out and go to bed. Not particularly the type of neighborhood I (bank) would be interested in financing two very large rental towers.

I think, Kodsi's "official" announcement will come before Verde sees the light of day. A few minor details are starting to come to light (masing models, scope, etc.) but this along with EA negotiations re: 400 N is strictly confidential and all parties have signed agreements regarding keeping our mouths shut, so i'm done with that. This whole nucleus is like dominos. The quicker they build and occupy Camden the quicker we turn the wheels up the street. Until M&M becomes concrete *ducks* Verde potentially dies all together and one day it, North Orange, Flat Iron, Sky Towers all simultaneously breakground. I dont know. But until the day arrives that I drive north of 50 on Orange and get that same neighborhood feeling that I get in South Eola, I remain very unoptomistic.

Hate to say it guys and gals, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling regarding the verde. The fact is that we havent even seen Nodarse or Universal out their, so all anyone realy knows is that the land is suitable as well.... a park.

That's true, a new report and borings would probably be needed, but surely someone has already had a geotechnical engineer out there before they proposed a high rise on the property?

Thank you everyone for the welcome! orlandouprise...Kodsi is not deveoping the twin towers (The Ivanhoe Towers) it is GDC...and I don't think Turner is the contractor for the Verde.

onative is the kodsi project twin towers like the aol TWC or does he just refers to it because of its retail component or is it just hype?

oh and by the way 101 eola is looking really impressive...

From CL ads:

$300000 The Vue at Lake Eola

See: http://orlando.craigslist.org/rfs/257199660.html

$344900 The Vue Lake Eola

See: http://orlando.craigslist.org/rfs/258092852.html

for entire listing.

So, what do you get for $300K or $344900? How many units are still available in this building? Are people dropping out?

Thanks.

i dont know about the ad on craigs list but they have very few units left and there cannot be any resales in this building until one entire year after its built and the condos have gone threw closing...its in the contract

Archived