The VUE

Tim3167

Perhaps we can start a new thread on that issue

Thats the exact thing stopping me from moving downtown.....lack of homes that cater to the middle class

Is there anything that can be done to help bring some of us in?

This issue was brought up a while ago, re: market pricing and if current prices are realistic, and the role of speculators. It's my personal opinion that the market is going to crash for condos, not so much for homes. But what can you do? It's like a pyramid or ponzi scheme and some investors, banks and regular joes are going to be left holding the bag. It's obvious (to me anyway) that Orlando can't really support home and condo prices that are quite as high as they are now. Most of these projects aren't about housing, they are about profits and a some 'lifestyle' that you get when you buy.

Maybe this does warrant another thread.

anyway,

There are first time homebuyer grants from the County/City, but I'm sure they are always out of money. They were when I asked a few years back.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue was brought up a while ago, re: market pricing and if current prices are realistic, and the role of speculators. It's my personal opinion that the market is going to crash for condos, not so much for homes. But what can you do? It's like a pyramid or ponzi scheme and some investors, banks and regular joes are going to be left holding the bag. It's obvious (to me anyway) that Orlando can't really support home and condo prices that are quite as high as they are now. Most of these projects aren't about housing, they are about profits and a some 'lifestyle' that you get when you buy.

Maybe this does warrant another thread.

anyway,

There are first time homebuyer grants from the County/City, but I'm sure they are always out of money. They were when I asked a few years back.

I don't know. Everybody keeps saying that condo's are too high in Orlando, needs to price condo's in any of the other comparable FL markets. Orlando is inexpensive compared to everywhere else.

There are are still net hundreds of people moving to Orlando every day. It is supply and demand. Not everyone is going to be willing to live out in the burbs and will be willing to pay downtown prices for downtown convenience. Especially if they just sold their tiny condo up north or out west for twice what they are going for here in Orlando.

I hate to say this, but I am actually a little disappointed in the Vue. Personally, I don't find it to be a very attractive building. There's really nothing creative about it. It's a typical non descript condominium tower that would be less obtrusive if it were on the beach in Miami/Daytona. People keep thinking Orlando's a beach town and it's not. Maybe one day they'll figure that out.

I don't know. Everybody keeps saying that condo's are too high in Orlando, needs to price condo's in any of the other comparable FL markets. Orlando is inexpensive compared to everywhere else.

There are are still net hundreds of people moving to Orlando every day. It is supply and demand. Not everyone is going to be willing to live out in the burbs and will be willing to pay downtown prices for downtown convenience. Especially if they just sold their tiny condo up north or out west for twice what they are going for here in Orlando.

That's what I don't understand. Something is unbalanced, and I don't follow real estate enough to know what it is. However, there is something wrong when you can buy a home or condo downtown for the price of a cookie cutter house in a massive subdivision located directly on, say, the Turnpike (and if you've driven around the 429 on the Turnpike you know the subdivisions I'm talking about).

There is something wrong when there are a dozen units at the Wellsley (condo in College Park) selling for as much as a house in the same neighboorhood. Seriously, you can buy my neighbor's 1910 historic home with it's own pool, 3 br 2 ba, totally remodeled, 1/4 acre lot, for 650k. Or you can pay 550k for a 2 bedroom condo.

I have heard condo prices in other FL markets are dropping like well oiled stones. Particularly SW Florida and Miami, if I hear correctly.

I hate to say this, but I am actually a little disappointed in the Vue. Personally, I don't find it to be a very attractive building. There's really nothing creative about it. It's a typical non descript condominium tower that would be less obtrusive if it were on the beach in Miami/Daytona. People keep thinking Orlando's a beach town and it's not. Maybe one day they'll figure that out.

I like the building but it is more location and the units then anything else. I love the 2-story one bedrooms. But besides that, the garage is not cool. It would have been better is it was similar ti Dynetech

the Vue is a good design and I'll tell you why. It has passed the Tampa forumer litmus test: they hate everything Orlando... but they like the Vue...

the Vue is a good design and I'll tell you why. It has passed the Tampa forumer litmus test: they hate everything Orlando... but they like the Vue...

Not to get too off-topic, but I don't ever get over to the Tampa forum... Why is that they hate "us"? (And hopefully this query doesn't turn into the start of an "our city is better than your city" argument...)

The Vue Sales people are moving in with the realestate company on the corner or central and rosalind, they need helping selling units so they are hoping that if they move in and get the realestate company to help they can sell the rest of the units.

I guess this means tradition towers is not getting built. If the can't sell these units they sure as heck can't sell TT units... :unsure:

The Vue Sales people are moving in with the realestate company on the corner or central and rosalind, they need helping selling units so they are hoping that if they move in and get the realestate company to help they can sell the rest of the units.

This is not true. Neither is your accusation that they haven't sold any units since the last time you went. Changing locations has always been a part of the plan. I can personally account for friends or colleagues of mine that have bought 5 units since December 1st. You guys need to check your facts (or lack there of), it seems like a lot of people are posting nonsense lately regarding different projects just for the sake of seeing their name on the board.

I guess this means tradition towers is not getting built. If the can't sell these units they sure as heck can't sell TT units... :unsure:

Where are you guys getting this stuff from?

I think a lot of people are becomming pesimistic due to all the reason talks and speculation of slow downs and the "end" of our construction boom and ghost city talk

sigh

I really hope our downtown area continues to boom, lord knows the second an affordable place opens up, i'll be moving down there

The pessimists have to realize that these buildings that are under construction have to come "online" before we see the benefits of them. And it's going to happen gradually. You don't break ground one day and the city is filled with people the next day. It takes years. Let me just say that if you go by the county courthouse around lunchtime, you will see people coming and going for blocks and that one building alone fills the Lymmo service buses during rush hours. Each time a highrise comes online in downtown, there will be an added amount of people and there isn't just one building going up right now. I jog around Lake Eola a couple times a week and there are so many people that run around the lake that are coming and going from the gym at Robinson/Rosalind just doing a warm up. I can't imagine how many people will be using the lake and the Lymmo and restaurants when these buildings fill up. There is more foot traffic around the south Eola area from The Sanctuary, Jackson, and the Brownstones and we're talking about Sanctuary not being fully occupied. That's one large building and two smaller ones. Just from this round of condo highrises (now through... say... Paramount/Dynatech finished and opened), we will see close to double the foot traffic in downtown. I guarantee it. This show of people will create demand for more services and those services will spark more demand for living and working space. You see where I'm going with this. I really think it's about time. Be patient people. It is hard waiting on these buildings and all the promises to come to fruition, but it IS happening. Personally, I can't freakin wait for the movie theater (I can walk from work to dinner and a movie without getting in my car - May 2007) and don't get me started on the Publix (June 2008).

Ghost town? I doubt it.

This is not true. Neither is your accusation that they haven't sold any units since the last time you went. Changing locations has always been a part of the plan. I can personally account for friends or colleagues of mine that have bought 5 units since December 1st. You guys need to check your facts (or lack there of), it seems like a lot of people are posting nonsense lately regarding different projects just for the sake of seeing their name on the board.

Where are you guys getting this stuff from?

I talked to the sales agent in the Vue sales center and she told me they have 40 units left, that was the same number they had 6 months ago, if anyone is making up nonsense it is them, and i dont believe there are 40 units left i think there are quite a few more. They are told to say that to create hype for this project in hopes that sales will pick up, kinda a scare into buying soon before they sell out sorta deal. And They are moving to the Realestate office Sothebys International at the corner there b/c they need help selling the units, that came from my agent that works there at Sothebys. I am not making stuff up, i think that people that cant accept the fact that the condo market has slowed down and that the prices are to high just dont want to believe the facts. ITS REALITY FOLKS.

I talked to the sales agent in the Vue sales center and she told me they have 40 units left, that was the same number they had 6 months ago, if anyone is making up nonsense it is them, and i dont believe there are 40 units left i think there are quite a few more. They are told to say that to create hype for this project in hopes that sales will pick up, kinda a scare into buying soon before they sell out sorta deal. And They are moving to the Realestate office Sothebys International at the corner there b/c they need help selling the units, that came from my agent that works there at Sothebys. I am not making stuff up, i think that people that cant accept the fact that the condo market has slowed down and that the prices are to high just dont want to believe the facts. ITS REALITY FOLKS.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that condo market has slowed down or that some prices are too high. Suppose there were 40 units available six months ago and suppose it is stated that there are 40 units available today at the Vue. That still wouldn't mean none had sold since then. It's possible one or more units has come available again while others have sold. There are numerous scenarios we could come up with. If one looks at the big picture, these small numbers don't matter that much except to those trying to sell those particular units or others buying in that building or maybe on that block. It's the numbers in articles (at least one of which was posted in this forum today) that matter -- the numbers the show the trends at micro and macro levels.

I always figured that 40 units 6 months ago meant 40 units that they were selling. They may have sold 30 of those units and released the last 30. When 101 first started, the developer told me that they sold out of the units they had released. Not the total number. Maybe folks backed out of their contracts for whatever reason and are back to the developer.

Thats right. I think that we can all collectively agree that the market has gone soft. But as we are clearly seeing there is no decisive way to interpret information that is provided to you from people in sales centers. It's a fact that sales reps are trained to spot and seperate those that are in a position to buy from those that are shopping them for information. They are tought to weed out the latter and to respectively decline such people of information that would normally be freely given to others. This is true for The Vue as it is true for TT. Whats the line in Boiler Room? "Your either selling them or they're selling you. Its whover gets to the punchline first." Lets not get into the trap of thinking since we can't afford it nobody else can either. Fact is you are only required to sell 50-80% in presales, at 400 units thats still only 320 on the high side.

When one compares the majority of Orlando's downtown projects to every other major city in Florida, it is clear that they are quite different (for better or worse). Miami and Tampa seem to have similar architectural patterns. I don't know anyone who thinks Orlando is a beach town.

When one compares the majority of Orlando's downtown projects to every other major city in Florida, it is clear that they are quite different (for better or worse). Miami and Tampa seem to have similar architectural patterns. I don't know anyone who thinks Orlando is a beach town.

Although, can you imagine Lake Eola with a white sand beach on one side? We already have the seagulls in place.

Archived