The VUE

Tim3167

I wonder if it has something to do with wind code??? I was told the windows were to withstand up to 115mph winds, didn't hurricane charlie bring close to or winds that exceeded that especially above ground level. If this is the case one major hurricane from the east and we will be waiting another two years for windows in The Vue.

That should be right, Orlando is in the 100-110 MPH wind zone according to the Florida Building Code but it's only accurate to the county more or less and as you said the higher you go the stronger the winds typically are.

That being said it's much less than Miami or even on the beach in the Panhandle, which I think was just updated. I think it's 150 MPH + there. Glass has to be basically bulletproof.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should be right, Orlando is in the 100-110 MPH wind zone according to the Florida Building Code but it's only accurate to the county more or less and as you said the higher you go the stronger the winds typically are.

That being said it's much less than Miami or even on the beach in the Panhandle, which I think was just updated. I think it's 150 MPH + there. Glass has to be basically bulletproof.

That is correct, exterior glass curtainwall systems in Orange county have a maximum wind load rating of 110 MPH. Each county has its own number, and some will even allow you to graduate that number based on the physical address of the building. As far as Broward and Dade county go they have pretty much made a cut and dry delineation on ratings. Anywhere in Broward County must be 140 MPH. Anywhere within the county of Dade is 146 MPH. Blah, blah, blah. Its all pretty boring. Gotta know it though.

Ah! Critical Path! There's someone in the business.

I too drove by today/tonight and I agree, it does appear that they are starting to figure out the glass puzzle. Hopefully they keep it going, the glass definetly draws your eyes up and down and really (in my opinion) add to the illusion of its overall height.

Ah! Critical Path! There's someone in the business.

I too drove by today/tonight and I agree, it does appear that they are starting to figure out the glass puzzle. Hopefully they keep it going, the glass definetly draws your eyes up and down and really (in my opinion) add to the illusion of its overall height.

yeah, and I gotta say I really like the windows' dimensions-- especially on the north and south walls; very northern and big-cityish. (referencing Chicago condos from the '60's on LSD.

Archived