Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right... that is the short side. I think it will be a nice addition to our downtown when its done. Its going to be a very attractive building. Its hard to see it now, but if you thought Kleman Plaza was nice before, you're really going to love it when this project is done. Challenger Learning Center and IMAX are really going to take off.

^I'd say it was a poor decision. The building is already a large brick block, so any details added to the bldg. would make it more unique.

Are you asking this b/c they have been removed? From your pix it looks like they have? If so, poor poor decision.

I notice they werent there, but assumed they were coming...

Like you, I was waiting to see the formation of the little ornamental roofing until I stumbled upon this prospectus ( I know I didn't spell that right) and saw that they had removed them. I felt like sinking to the floor and pouting... but I've not done that since I was a young child, I forgot the proper way to do it. :lol:

I know everyone hates the brick.. but the beauty of this lil highrise doll condo is so much more to me! I like what subtle love it brings to the area! its fits us so well, weather you like brick in construction or not. It matches so well the style fo historical awerness we have choseen within the DT area and fsu! I od so like this lil punk that should've been 18 or better stories IMO!!!!

I have some beef with the way the Tallahassee Center is starting to shape up. I'll be updating the images tomorrow, and in them you will see use of Stucco where brick should be... most noticably on the roof top triangle of the building and in other places. I'm not sure what the deal is with the pictures they advertise and the final product, but I'm curious if those moving into this building are aware of all of the changes. I can't simply complain about the building because the roof is quite different from the rendering on the sign, but I do feel a bit disappointed.

^ Dont projects typically keep evolving, even throughout construction though? I think there have been a few minor changes in the Plaza/Solaire from the renderings weve seen, so isnt it somewhat normal for them to do it?

Im sure they have reason for changes...theyre in it for profits, and I dont think they would do anything to compromise that. Sometimes a mix of brick and stucco doesnt look that bad, depending on what they do with the stucco of course!

^ Dont projects typically keep evolving, even throughout construction though? I think there have been a few minor changes in the Plaza/Solaire from the renderings weve seen, so isnt it somewhat normal for them to do it?

Im sure they have reason for changes...theyre in it for profits, and I dont think they would do anything to compromise that. Sometimes a mix of brick and stucco doesnt look that bad, depending on what they do with the stucco of course!

What is the Plaza/Solaire? Are you refering to the Plaza Tower?

Archived