Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kleman Plaza is really going to be an awesome place when these projects have been completed. It already has a lot to offer, but is on its way to a real completeness. It feels like not that long ago that my family and I went to see Shakespeare in the park there (which, by the way, was awesome). Now look at it!

I was half excited half sad to see this happening this evening... i was surprised and that bothered me. usually we know all about things like this. But alas...

How big of a pian in the bbutt does college look like for those guys with the temp crane... lol. it took two trees worth of wood to level her off .

doesnt that tower truck look outta place in tally?! Not anymore!

I can always count on you guys to keep me up to date on the news...I work directly across the street from that crane, and would have normally been out there watching all day, but I have been out of the office for a few days.

Glad you at least got some pics for us...

Hopefully there will be a few more cranes going up soon to replace this one.

For the other engineer wanna-bes around the forum - here is a quick read on the mechanics of tower cranes.

Thetoolman!

I meant to thank you also! I read that material on cranes and learned quite a bit. I wasn't aware of how much weight they can handle. I'd hate for one to fall on me.

Tallahassee Center continues to brick its way up to the 10th floor today, there is also stucco work ongoing on the lower level balconies. Things are coming together quite nicely. There is styrofoam all over Kleman Plaza that is blowing from the upper floors of the building. They must be using it as some sort of insulation.

Viewing the Tallahassee Center

JANUARY 28, 2006

GamedayCenter.jpg

Gameday Center from Corner of Bronough and College

TallahasseeCenter2.jpg

Gameday viewed from College Avenue

BronoughView.jpg

Gameday viewed from Bronough

StateCapitol.jpg

Florida League of Cities, Gameday Center as seen from Capitol

FromStateCapitol4.jpg

Second view from Florida Capitol

FromStateCapitol2.jpg

Nicer view from Florida Capitol

FromStateCapitol.jpg

View from Rear Capitol Stairs

FLLeagueGamedayCondosChallengerLear.jpg

Viewing from the Kleman Greens, left to right, Florida League of Cities, Gameday Center, Challenger Learning Center

That actually sounds really good.

I was thinking today that we need a huge Ponce de Leon memorial in Cascades park as a community landmark/symbol.

I'm all for the Cafe in the Sky. And will definately continue to exercise my rights to vote. I can't wait until Tallahassee can have another Governor. Not since LeRoy Collins.

Absolutely... I was taking pictures today thinking of all the potential our darling city has. All she needs are people who love her enough to invest in her future. That's what TJ is here for... I'm determined to be a success all to turn around in the future and dedicate a jewel to the city I grew up in and love so dearly.

We've spoken of Ruth Chris at the Tennyson, Another Broken Egg for the Plaza Tower (although that won't be the main restaurant) you have any guesses for the Tallahassee Center restaurant? What do you think would work at this site, chain wise, that we currently don't have in Tallahassee?

Archived