Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The changes to this building are so significant.I am shocked the city allowed so many variances from the orginal renderings. This building has a different feel to it than what I was expecting. It looks like they cut a lot of corners to come in on budget IMHO. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Update: July 17, 2006

Tallahassee1.jpg

From Brounough Street, the building appears as it has for months. What we can't see well in this picture is the stucco that has been applied to the ground floor of the building.

SonyShots019.jpg

From the front things appear quite different. The Plaza Level has been cleaned up a bit, stucco applied to the exterior, a more defined lobby/enterance.

SonyShots021-1.jpg

SonyShots023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

July 28, 2006

SonyShots101.jpg

One positive thing to report from todays update. If you can see close enough to notice, the top floor of this building has been slightly altered from the outside. Where there were once rounded columns, there are now simulated block columns painted the same color as the brick. I take it this will greatly enhance the look of the building as the builder looks for a way to clean up a very altered Tallahassee Gameday Center facility.

-tj

July 28, 2006

SonyShots101.jpg

One positive thing to report from todays update. If you can see close enough to notice, the top floor of this building has been slightly altered from the outside. Where there were once rounded columns, there are now simulated block columns painted the same color as the brick. I take it this will greatly enhance the look of the building as the builder looks for a way to clean up a very altered Tallahassee Gameday Center facility.

-tj

You can still see that humongous air conditioner sticking out on top. Also, the roof looks all dented when you are walking down the hill towards it on college. Looks like they sat on the panels before installing them. It is all very distracting from the otherwise nice looking building.

Seeing this shot reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask you guys: What's going into the brick bldg. on College where the old Gordo's use to be? It's the one they've been working on for what seems like 5 yrs between the Gov. Club and Paradigm.

Now when I look at the Gameday bldg., all I see is that tacky A/C unit. Thanks T-man. :P

Yes...the AC unit on the roof is distracting & ugly! I really hope they disguise it or architecturally shield it somehow. I had jury duty today & as I sat there in the 2nd floor courtroom all that really stood out about this building from that particular vantage point was the big silver AC unit on the roof! It was very distracting. I could see 5 or 6 guys on the roof working & leaning over the sides at times doing something. The building didn't appear to be as tall as it really is from that courtroom view today.

• 2 weeks later...

On a brighter side... look at all of the other gameday centers...

truly you could say you live in the best looking of the Gameday centers in the country....

1ec9d2c3.jpg

Georgia (Athens)

6025276a.jpg

Lexington, KY

Auburnbuilding.jpg

Auburn Center

They have centers in other cities, these are the only ones I could get images for.

At this point I don't blame you. this was the one project that I was very excited about initially. But the changes made along the way have really disappointed me and I'm sure many others in the forum.

TallahasseeCenter.jpgTallahasseeCenterSmall.jpg

I'm a little disappointed in the height because it doesn't really add to our skyline.

There are some very noticeable changes from the renderings, but I still like the project over all.

Hey our's is better than Auburn's at least......

TJ your pix of Gameday from the Civic Center is the first one I've seen where you can't see the FUGLY A/C unit.

I never realized that's what the marquee signs at the Civic Center said on the back of them.

Exactly. I would have liked to have gotten a copy of the Osbourne Andersen proposal for comparison purposes. It was much taller, more modern and glassy. I think the city would have chosen this design/proposal if it came from a more reputable developer.

Ah I forgot that fact. This development was actually city picked...right? How many choices were there again?

Ok... so these are supossed to be luxury condominiums right?!

Check these out!

untitled3.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

Are these really luxury appliances? I know this is the standard stove and fridge but at the TC price, there should at least be a side-by-side fridge, or something a bit fancier than this.

Archived