Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHEESECAKE AND TURKEY BACON! lol!

I can appreciate trying to bring some unity to the nieghboring builidng. But if its pink or purple. . . :dontknow:

I'm not sure about this though... because normally I like a mixture of brick and stucco, but this seriously looks like they've deviated from the inital plans to save money... and its easy to see. I just wish the rendering in on the website at www.tallahasseecenter.com and www.gamedaycenters.com was accurate.

lol... oh yes indeedy.

I hope that the alterations they seem to be making on the center will help make it unique rather than tacky and ugly... And maybe using the stucco accents in the dark to through light off the top of the building somehow. Maybe just lil spotlights that force the top of her on the skyline at night. that owuld certainly help the groundlevel engagement since its not to tall, and from affar, well, we may see it!

I would guess the final product is going to remind everyone of some of the architecture at FSU... I think thats the direction this thing is going. Still... I can't yet shake my disappointment. I know its going to be a nice building when its finished.

I'm really excited to see how the material on the ground level turns out. I hope its that nice federal style precast cement similar to what we see on the US Courthouses.

Tallahassee Center Update: 2.17.06

TC2.jpg

Here's the Triangle I've been talking about all week. As you can see its the only triangle above the beautiful bricked structure. Hoping that there will be two other triangles up there soon, I'm a bit uneasy about the stucco material that I see on this one. Crews were busy today applying sheetrock to the final level (the 11th floor of the building). I was hoping to take a picture from Ruby Diamond but there was too much traffic and I didn't feel like it. :P But hopefully this is a good look at the most noticble changes for this week.

TC22.jpg

The color definatly is connecting the buildings on the north side of the plaza. I also noticed driving south on monroe, before carolina ave, you can see the gameday peak over a very evenly sized (though white) peak of another building.. there are a lot of these peaks on churches and such in our DT... i dont htink it will urk me too much. the project always seemed more into bleending rather than standing out. I do think these corners iwll be boring without something

Great observations there Murph...

As a side note... I know we were making fun of the applicances being used for the kitchen in the unit we saw in the All Saints thread... how about these appliance packages being used for the "Luxury" Tallahassee Center Kitchens.

Maybe I can get a good laugh out of this one too!

StandardAppliance_Package.pdf

UpgradeAppliancePackage.pdf

StandardAppliance_Package.pdf

UpgradeAppliancePackage.pdf

I'm sorry... but if I'm spending that kind of money on a condo... they're going to have to come a bit better with my appliances... its going to take more than black spray paint and metalic plastic.

I've been sitting back watching these most recent posts with a bit of doubt. If these developments - All Saints, Tallahassee Center - were to offer Viking or SubZero kitchen appliances, Kohler baths, named-designer lighting fixtures, etc., they would have to charge EVEN MORE for the condos. I understand the sales appeal of differentiating between "standard" and "premium" accoutrements, and I see a real distinction in the selection of higher-end appliances by GE - THE major American industrial concern. If you go to Lowes and compare the prices of these refrigerators and ranges with the vast majority of the inventory, you will walk out saying "luxury."

I am sure that any potential buyer of any of these new properties could arrange to have installed a $15,000 Wolf kitchen if he wanted. GE is on the sales brochure, and so the buyers must know and accept what they are getting for their money.

I sure would NOT expect to find Viking or Wolf appliances even in a luxury condo kitchen and I doubt anyone here was thinking that. I would have like to have seen maybe those flat top type burners (not sure what they call them) instead of the old type raised coil burners and maybe the low end model side-by-side refrigs. that's all. The photos of these condos and those over in All-Saints look like the very bottom of the line Rex appliances.

I'd hope so! I just saw the coolest Samsung Fridge on this Best Buy commercial... that's what they should have used in these condos!! I'd buy a condo just for the fridge!

Just as Im typing this a Home Depot commercial comes on featuring a Maytag Fridge with the side by side on the top and a cool looking deep freezer thing on the bottom... nice metalic finish... no interest/no payments for 12 months!!! :silly:

If you're cruious... I'm watching the Food Network... they're featuring Mario the Chef today.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived