Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

I spoke of the yellow panels going in at the Tallahassee Center. Here's a look:

October242005.jpg

Sorry about the poor image quality, this was taken with my cell phone. But you can clearly see crews have started on the outter walls, despite the fact that they haven't yet topped off the building.

I really like their style at this construction site. They're neat and they don't make alot of noise. At least I can't hear it across the street at City Hall.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Gameday Center Update:

The other day at the office we recieved invitations notifying us of a Topping-Off Party-Ceremony Scheduled for December 1st, at Sitting Hall (Ground Floor of Florida League of Cities Building). This is one of those RSVP events, but maybe we can crash the joint. :lol:

For all who haven't noticed, the final floor has been framed, the only additional height will be the building's roof. I'd like to have seen it go a few more levels, but its not my money... I'll take what they give. But looking at the brick work, this is going to be a very charming building.

So is the building 10 or 11 stories? I thought I read where the owners are calling it 11 floors. In your nice picture I only counted 10 floors. Are they counting the bottom floor as 2 floors or are they going to count the top/roof as a floor?

What's going to be on the bottom floor...retail? If so, any ideas what?

The building is 11 Floors above the ground, and probably 3-5 levels below. My latest picture doesn't include the final floor. I've been meaning to do an update.

I proposed regular updates of the photos, weekly, bi-weekly, however you all would like. It would help us to better track the progress and keep us talking about all of the action going on downtown.

Should I move forward with this idea?

Gameday Holds Topping Off Ceremony in Tallahassee

Today, the developer and stakeholders celebrate the topping off of one of Tallahassee's most anticipated new Downtown housing complexes. The luxurious Tallahassee Gameday Center has risen as far as it will go, with all in place but the roof trimmings. Brick has also been placed on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors of the building with work ongoing on the inside. Crews have been hard at work since February of this year... its amazing they've come this far this fast.

The center hopes to be open in the Summer of 2006, using the month of June to move in the furniture. Reports say the Tallahassee Center units have all been sold. The complex offers Seminole fans a home in Tallahassee during sports seasons, it will wear Seminole decor inside, and offer concierge services as well.

Owners have the option of allowing the management company to rent out their Condo while they are away.

Great pix TJ. It's odd how on this project they are doing the brick work on the bottom floors as they top off the building. That's very different than how they are doing it on The Tennyson. Looks like this project is heading towards completion much faster.

Question: Is the Gameday Center flush w/The League of Cities building on the side that they both share/meet? Or is there a small alley way? Just curious.

The buildings are nearly flush with one another, if you remember there was the blank wall purposely left on the league of cities building anticipating this may happen in the future. There is possibly an inch between the two buildings. I watched the crews lay blocks as a barrier between the two buildings from the inside.

Question for you all: Does it bother anyone that the Tallahassee center is 11 stories tall, yet only appears about 2 floors taller than the 6 story League of cities building? Tallahassee Center's residential floors are 9 feet, lowered from 10. I'm not sure how tall the floors are in the League of cities building.

The buildings are nearly flush with one another, if you remember there was the blank wall purposely left on the league of cities building anticipating this may happen in the future. There is possibly an inch between the two buildings. I watched the crews lay blocks as a barrier between the two buildings from the inside.

Question for you all: Does it bother anyone that the Tallahassee center is 11 stories tall, yet only appears about 2 floors taller than the 6 story League of cities building? Tallahassee Center's residential floors are 9 feet, lowered from 10. I'm not sure how tall the floors are in the League of cities building.

yes, Tallahassee center sux. its to low.

While you're at it... what else sux... lets just get it all out at once. <_<

Please don't feed the monkeys! :angry:

That's a good point about the floors of both buildings. First I thought it was industry standard to make all floors of a building at least 10 feet? Did they have to get a variance for 9? Then if you look at the League bldg, it has that extra half floor on the top right (when facing) which really makes it more like 7 floors. Also the League building's first floor appears slightly larger than the other floors (maybe or maybe not.) Anyway, they both look tall from the Bronough Street side!

You're right... I shouldn't feed the monkeys! LoL!

I have a few details here on the change of plans for the Tallahassee Center project. Yes they did have to get special permission to lower the ceiling height from 10' to 9'. Here's a look at some of the other changes:

1) Add balconies to the units on the second floor. The addition of the balconies on the west facade will eliminate the need for awnings above the first floor windows.

2)Reduce the residential floor (floors 3 to 10) from 1o to 9 feet.

3)Delete the use of pre-cast masonry above the plaza level. The pre-cast masonry will be replaceed with Dryvit/EIFS. The revised design will continue to use precast masonry and thin-cast brick at the plaza level.

4)Enclose arcade with glass doors at both ends. At this time, the arcade would still be open to the public, but the developerwill bring proposed changes to the design/use of the entire plaza level floor when a final decision on the user is made. The developer is working with a restaurant that has aquired the entire floor. The restrooms will remain open to the public during the normal business hours of the final user.

5)Reduce the height of the mansard roof and eliminate the "elements/dormers" at the end of the roofline. The center "element will remain. Combined with the reduction in the residential floor heigh, this will reduce the overhall height of the building by approximately 12 feet. The elevator override/penthouse will now protrude above the roofline.

6)Eliminate the three rows of glazed curtain wall (vertical windows) located in the center of the building on the north and south elevations, and replace them with three individual windows on each residential floor.

Archived