Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so. I have an awesome view of downtown from my apartment and on the way home tonight I could see lights of some building that wasn't one of our usual suspects. I think it was that Park Place Hotel (Radisson). If so, at only 8 stories, the Tallahassee Center could make things more exciting too. I have ideas on how to liven up the Bank of America building, but the County owns it, so there's no use in my wasting my time.

I'd agree... but then I'll say at least we have a Bank of America building. I think we could do a few small things to make it look alot better, such as paint the verticle stripes red, and run blue neon lights around the building. Uplight it at night so you see blue neon and light shining on a white building with red stripes. Talk about American pride...

hotness! I noticed the view from Appalachee is nice, i cant wait to see where the Pl. Tower will impact it, i was hoping gameday would, but you only get a peek as you traverse monroe, or an even smaller sliver from tennesee westbound.... but it is so hot from tennessee Eastbound at woodward! The Pl. Tower will be imposing too!

Oyster guts! LOL!!! I don't know if I told this, but I went inside this building the other day and it was an embarassment. Yes they are working on the building right now BUT it was in a condition where one who doesn't know about the ongoing work would think its just dirty.

Back to the Gameday center... if you had to choose another restaurant other than the Hard Rock... what would it be?

Jimmy Johns, so i can deliver on my bike and steal views from condos!

I really really love melting pot, and DT would be tight if there is enough room in the Center for it.

I went to a Mongolian resturaunt once in pensicola where you brought the cook your meat and veggies and they cooked them for you on a giant circular hotplate. it was an awsome environment, maybe something like that or Osaka's where there is something more than just awsome food, but entertainment and good skilled chef's!

I really like Osaka's. Masa was our cook when we went there and he was awesome.

Chainwise... we need another Outback downtown and I think the Tallahassee Center would be the perfect condo for it... seeing how its a Gameday center and how on gameday the Outback blimp often makes me want to go to Outback for some wings, but I don't feel like driving all the way across town, and if I do make the drive I wait an hour or more. We've needed another Outback since the Interstate location was built.

I know several cities have spinning top floor diners... I cant see a better city for it than one on the rise!

Ha! I had a little chuckle while reading this as I reminisced about dinner at the Sunsphere in Knoxville in a rotating restaurant up high.

29733321.Knoxvilleworldsfairparksunsphere.JPG

Anyone want to start a bid for the 2012 World's Fair in Tallahassee to compete with the New York bid?

http://mishilo.image.pbase.com/u46/lundy/u...rksunsphere.JPG

I haven't been to the top of the Capitol since high school. I honestly don't like the atmosphere. And I don't think I've been since September 11th either, but not because I'm afriad... I just don't like the politicians.

Hey...eassssy now!! Some of us spend a great deal of time there! And there are (believe it or not) some decent politicians still around.

As far as the top, yea its stuck in the 80s. But as far as going to the top, its safe. Theres not enough calateral in Tally for anything to happen. Go up and enjoy the view, and say hello if you see me.

You work there Go Gators? And what is this calateral you speak of? I can't help it, politicians are terrible to me... most of them... there are always exceptions.

Yea Ive worked up there all thorugh school. By not enough colateral, I mean theres not enough damage to be done in Tallahassee to make a point on anything.

Politicians are terrible? Dont you work for the city government, comprised of elected politicians?

You're right I do work for city government... but unlike the politicians at the Capitol you don't hear the D or the R word... ever! It's all a measure of what each person believes is right or wrong without the chains of political affiliation.

The vote to accept tht Gameday Center bid to build the Tallahassee Center over the Obsbourne Andersen proposal (which was actually more attractive, and TALLER on paper) came without a single mention of political party, but the mention of how soon the project would be completed. (Bad example is an attempt to keep us on topic, :lol:)

But I think its interesting you work at the capitol. I wonder if I've ever seen you on the street.

You're right I do work for city government... but unlike the politicians at the Capitol you don't hear the D or the R word... ever! It's all a measure of what each person believes is right or wrong without the chains of political affiliation.

Well, it may not have been verbalized in debate or anything, but there is ALWAYS politics involved. I bet there were behind doors! You just dont hear about it as much in local government because no one wants to be accused of "playing politics with city matters" or things like that...And other than the standard things that seperate D's and R's (higher/lower taxes, more/less regulation, etc) most bills in state and federal government will pass unanimously. You just never hear anything about those.

Archived