Gameday Center | Tallahassee

Florida

The only thing that sucks about Tallahassee Downtown at this very moment in time is the idiot who chose it as a screen name on this website...

9 ft floor hieghts might make the condos more livable... a cathedral is never comfortable to a sinner like me. I like the roof to be in jumping distance in case we're ever drunk and wanna play australian pin the tail on the donkey!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that sucks about Tallahassee Downtown at this very moment in time is the idiot who chose it as a screen name on this website...

CSMurphy, lets be careful the way we talk about other forumers on this board. I hardly think calling someone an idiot because he said, in his opinion, that the building sucks is appropriate. He has every right to say something sucks on this board without being crititcized. If he has negative views of this town, that is perfectly fine, and it is no ones right here to degrade him for that. He has just as much right to present his negative views on this board as you all do your positive views.

Lets keep an eye on this moderators...

Go Gators while I understand what you are saying to csmurphy8885 and feel maybe he should watch a word or two that he uses, TallahasseeDowntown often posts to threads just saying, "this sucks that sucks and Tally sucks without giving any details. I think that if you want the moderators to watch csmurphy8885 for his comments, they should also watch Tallahassee Downtown for sometimes I believe he is in violation of this rule:

Do not bash cities, states, countries or regions

Can't we all just get along?

CSMurphy, lets be careful the way we talk about other forumers on this board. I hardly think calling someone an idiot because he said, in his opinion, that the building sucks is appropriate. He has every right to say something sucks on this board without being crititcized. If he has negative views of this town, that is perfectly fine, and it is no ones right here to degrade him for that. He has just as much right to present his negative views on this board as you all do your positive views.

Lets keep an eye on this moderators...

While I don't agree with calling anyone an idiot, I will say many time the comments of certain members are disruptive to the flow of the forum and in many cases could better have gone unpublished.

As another member has previously posted, if you have nothing other than "This and that sucks" about a given city, find a city you like... there are several here on UrbanPlanet discuss.

Having said that... lets get back to the GameDay Center...

I took this picture last night... thought it was kinda cool:

P1010112.jpg

Kinda Blury I know... I didn't have my tripod... but I thought it was neat.

OK, well regardless if we think he is bashing or not, he certainly has the right to voice that here. This isnt a place where we all most agree with the original poster. He/she has the right to go against the flow as he wishes. Debate and disagreement founded this country, so it certainly couldnt hurt this board.

Maybe some of our posters thoughts about those who disagree could go unpublished as well?

Nice picture by the way...I was downtown last night too, did the Jingle Bell Run and walked around. Tallahassee does their city-wide events very well in my opinion.

OK, well regardless if we think he is bashing or not, he certainly has the right to voice that here. This isnt a place where we all most agree with the original poster. He/she has the right to go against the flow as he wishes. Debate and disagreement founded this country, so it certainly couldnt hurt this board.

I very much agree that that debate and disagreement are part of this forum. I for one welcome opposing views. My beef is not with WHAT is said, it's HOW it is said (and that does include refraining from calling others idiots.)

Nighttime Closure Planned for South Bronough Street Work

December 14

On Thursday, Dec. 22, beginning at 9 p.m., South Bronough Street between West College Avenue and West Pensacola Street will be closed to install new water and sewer lines for the Tallahassee Center project on Kleman Plaza. The street should be reopened to traffic the following morning, Dec. 23, at 6 a.m. The detour route will be clearly posted.

Parking in the Kleman Plaza Parking Garage will remain accessible through the Duval Street entrance and exit. Limited access will be allowed for those entering or leaving the northwest garage in Kleman Plaza, which is only accessible from Bronough Street. The closure has been scheduled in the evening to have the least possible impact on traffic flow and access to the parking garage.

• 3 weeks later...

Tallahassee Center Semi-Update

I was going to do an update on the Gameday center project, but I've decided not to at this point because I notice the crews are working on something which I think will make for a much better update in about 4-7 days. On the roof the building they are installing the little triangular shapes which will become a part of the pitched roof of the building. I think they should be done with the frame of this soon as they did all of this in one day. But here's a picture from Tuesday, for all of you who just can't wait.

SonyShots017.jpg

You can somewhat see the triangles at the top there... today they were much more defined. I want to get the whole roof framed before I snap another update shot.

SonyShots012.jpg

Here's the other side... there's now a triangle around that big piece of cement there... I'm not sure what it is, but hopefully the roofing will help to camoflauge it.

yea its so weak, a baby condo. so weak....... Im mad we are still gonna have a pansy downtown cause they arent building any tall buildings..... The Tallahassee Center is in a great spot, when u look at it from afar but its a stubby piece o trash.

yea its so weak, a baby condo. so weak....... Im mad we are still gonna have a pansy downtown cause they arent building any tall buildings..... The Tallahassee Center is in a great spot, when u look at it from afar but its a stubby piece o trash.

Well, I'm not sure I agree with you. When I look at this building I see a miracle. I couldn't have imagined that a building as tall as it is at just 11 stories could sit on such a small print. Surely when I'm not the one spending my money, I appreciate anything they're willing to build for us... so long as its not plum ugly.

I want a big american flag on the roof of it... or fsu famu flags!

Well you don't have to worry about a FAMU, or TCC flag on this building... this one belongs to FSU and the developer makes no apologies. They don't even mention FAMU in their marketing really although its just as close as FSU.

Archived