Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, GeauxCLT said:

Is this the Meineke or the vacant land next to it?

The vacant land.  If you look at the lot in Polaris and add the zoning layer, you can see that this end of the land does not have any zoning assigned. Might just be sorting out the zoning before closing on the sale of this land to Crosland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 12:05 PM, Nathan2 said:

I just hope they get rid of the surface parking lot and make it much more pedestrian oriented. I also hope the Plaza vibe stays and we don't get a Value engineered building that sticks out for the area. 

Hearing upwards of 150K sq ft of retail in the site plan. Don’t know much more than that.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what's going on with the plot of land of central in between the McDonalds and Midwood Country Club (the Resident Culture over flow lot)? It's been for sale forever but saw the old building roped off the other day with construction trucks around it. Wonder if it's been sold and they're getting ready to begin demo. Anybody have any information here?

3 hours ago, BFT said:

Does anybody know what's going on with the plot of land of central in between the McDonalds and Midwood Country Club (the Resident Culture over flow lot)? It's been for sale forever but saw the old building roped off the other day with construction trucks around it. Wonder if it's been sold and they're getting ready to begin demo. Anybody have any information here?

Here's the rezoning: https://charlottenc.gov/planning/Rezoning/RezoningPetitions/2018Petitions/Pages/2018-097.aspx

Neighborhood Services mixed use project. Doesn't seem to have changed hands since this rezoning. 

• Like 1

I believe some of those construction vehicles are actually being used across Central on the back side of pin house. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to put a little walking path along the Veterans branch of Briar Creek. I took a picture on my run today.

If that lot is finally being developed, I'll be interested to see what Resident Culture does for parking...906c08f32cadd1612938f95fad2abd1b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Don't forget Gus' Sir Beef and Oakhurst Grill (formerly Mr. C's).... though Mantas was my favorite.

Is fried southern comfort food / Italian fare mash-up run by Greeks a uniquely Charlotte thing, or was this common across the South?

Little Village is a true gem for them more authentic Greek fare.

• Like 4

Back to Little Italy: when the owners closed the restaurant in 2008 they sold the property to an organization named Jupiter, llc, which has three directors including Andy Kastanas. He of Soul, Diamond and others. The llc registration has his name spelled kastanes which I believe to be a misspelling.

Three posts about the property and him from 2015:

• Like 2