Plaza-Midwood Projects (Central, Commonwealth, The Plaza)

Seeker

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

You could also open it in an incognito window.

@KJHburg I would absolutely subscribe if I could afford it or expense it.

as CEO of my company I still pay for it but I understand that is why I usually summarize subscriber articles 

But I am old fashioned I like to get it in print and underline things! and to access all the old stories is important too. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, archiham04 said:

observer had an article over the weekend about Asana acquiring property on the "historic " Strip... where fifteen ten antiques was?

I heard a rumor a few months ago that it was going to be a pizza/brewery type place with a rooftop.    If that happens I am sure it will go over well.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Crown said:

Yeah, what happened with that place? We used to go there every so often before we moved away in 2014 and I always thought the food was really good. Usually a big crowd too.

14 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Isn't that a fire access and community access lane from the main road? I don't see the trespass?

7 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

That fire access/community access lane physically crosses 8 different people's property.  

As @archiham04 says, the community lane crosses 8 people's property (the houses seem to have smaller setbacks than are required which would mean they're having each property include part of the lane directly in front of it).

But I've seen this exact thing done before and it basically comes down to the last person having easements across the previous 7 properties, the 7th having an easement across the previous 6, etc. The easements could be written into each deed and each property owner would likely pay into an HOA for the cost of upkeeping the linear footage directly in front of their house. Or I guess they could be treating them as condos where you just own the building and the "neighborhood" owns the land, that might be a way to get around setback issues.

• Like 1

I have seen single family homes like this in south Charlotte where the last home has an easement over the other peoples properties and each person has an easement over the others until they reach a public street.  A HOA would likely take care of the property and the driveways but it can be done and has been done.  The ownership can be  fee simple single family even in a situation like this or a condo set up but still single family homes.  Condominium is just a form of ownership not a building type.  My friend who lived in Austin lived in a condominium style single family detached home development.  

• Like 2

I have seen single family homes like this in south Charlotte where the last home has an easement over the other peoples properties and each person has an easement over the others until they reach a public street.  A HOA would likely take care of the property and the driveways but it can be done and has been done.  The ownership can be  fee simple single family even in a situation like this or a condo set up but still single family homes.  Condominium is just a form of ownership not a building type.  My friend who lived in Austin lived in a condominium style single family detached home development.  

It’s not a building type, But it allows separately owned structures to be built on a single parcel and avoids having a parcel without access. Can you find a subdivision like this on Polaris that has parcels without frontage? I looked today, but I have a center city bias in my search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Look at the neighborhood at corner of Sharonview and Old Providence Rd.  look at the map  first showing lot boundaries then put the aerial in that shows the main driveway.    

You are correct what they are proposing here I have not seen but have seen in Austin.  But this plan proposed on Parkwood looks like a private street with houses on it and they all "own" a piece of the private street.  My question on this project is that multifamily structure facing Parkwood.  If  you live nearby I would follow this and go to the public meeting. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

^^ Look at the neighborhood at corner of Sharonview and Old Providence Rd.  look at the map  first showing lot boundaries then put the aerial in that shows the main driveway.    

You are correct what they are proposing here I have not seen but have seen in Austin.  But this plan proposed on Parkwood looks like a private street with houses on it and they all "own" a piece of the private street.  My question on this project is that multifamily structure facing Parkwood.  If  you live nearby I would follow this and go to the public meeting. 

and here too....

http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov/#mat=552278&pid=20919232&gisid=20919232

• Like 1