GSP International

gvillenative

42 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

United does't fly to Dulles and you'd actually go through Houston or Chicago.  As for longer trips, don't forget connection times.  Depending on the schedules, sometimes taking a little bit longer of a flight to one place might get you to your destination a little quicker!

Dulles is a United hub airport, so United most certainly flies to Dulles.

It doesn’t have a direct GSP-IAD flight but an itinerary might go through there anyway.

5 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Dulles is a United hub airport, so United most certainly flies to Dulles.

It doesn’t have a direct GSP-IAD flight but an itinerary might go through there anyway.

Well duh.  We were talking from GSP.  If you meant going through IAD as a 2nd stop you would've mentioned the 1st  stop too.    At that point though you'd need a 3rd stop to get to MEM from GSP via IAD bc United also doesn't fly nonstop to MEM from IAD either.

For parking, reserve your spot on the website. You save a few bucks doing it. I got jipped this weekend because I reserved it, but the QR Code didn't work and just took a ticket. Coming out this morning, the QR code still wasn't working so I had to pay the $54 for Garage A. So I paid $48 for Reserve then that. I emailed them and they are refunding me the $48 because "Lightning hit the garage and took out the system" ((Which I don't believe lol)). But this was the only problem. The other 5-6 times I've used it, it's worked perfect.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, DirectorBob0209 said:

For parking, reserve your spot on the website. You save a few bucks doing it. I got jipped this weekend because I reserved it, but the QR Code didn't work and just took a ticket. Coming out this morning, the QR code still wasn't working so I had to pay the $54 for Garage A. So I paid $48 for Reserve then that. I emailed them and they are refunding me the $48 because "Lightning hit the garage and took out the system" ((Which I don't believe lol)). But this was the only problem. The other 5-6 times I've used it, it's worked perfect.

The license plate reader/QR code did not work for me as well this week (with Economy Lot 2) but I just hit the call button, told them my name, and they let me in and out of the lot.

On 6/21/2023 at 11:26 PM, gman430 said:

@PuppiesandKittensThis is for tomorrow (June 22nd) for both GSP-LGA flights on AA. Looks pretty full to me: 

7EA7CF82-9B43-4FD5-9596-84A863FF27ED.jpeg

84FA1B10-EC2C-4AB6-9010-1E3A28ED91BC.jpeg

gman430, since you post selective facts, will you be posting a seat map of tonight’s GSP-LGA flight on AA?  46 seats available for standby, with only one passenger in the standby list, and 11 seats available for upgrade without any passengers listed.

Brasfield & Gorrie out of numerous applicants has been selected as the general contractor for the new parking garage. Construction to start in January 2024. Two cranes will be used.

For May 2023, passenger traffic was 99.1% of 2019 traffic levels. Preliminary passenger numbers for June 2023 are at a 98.0% recovery level. In May 2023 passenger traffic reflects a 14.0% increase over the same month in 2022. Cargo numbers for May 2023 were down 16.6% for the same period. Passenger load factors were down 3.7% for the month, at an average of 83.5%.

Providing a look forward into the service levels for August 2023 is a schedule comparison for the month vs the same month last year, including flights and seats by airline and non-stop markets served. Currently, in the schedules, GSP flights are up 10.3%, and seats are up by 26.5%.

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 3

I need to further verify but it looks like the $50 million that GSP and CHS wanted in the first year out of this was included in this year’s state budget as part of the AIP: 

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/real_estate/charleston-greenville-airports-press-sc-lawmakers-for-nearly-700m-to-fund-expansions/article_14827a9a-998f-11ed-9482-1f707977be89.html

The $139 million budget has been approved by the airport commission.

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Heads up. Antonov AN-124 due in to GSP just before 1pm this afternoon: 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ADB396F/history/20230730/0558Z/EDDP/KGSP

Thanks for the warning…we’ll be huddling under the dining room table. It’s the sturdiest piece of furniture where we can fit comfortably.  

Edited by cabelagent

Absolute a beast of a plane. Coming back from Tampa this morning and got lucky with Delta via ATL just landing when taxiing. We were delayed about 5 minutes for the crew to come guide us in the gate so I had a perfect spot. But because of the size, it took them forever to get to the end of the runway to take off 😂. And of course right when we started to get guided in, it took off. Took off at 9:23am and it landed down in Salvador, South America around 7pm

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DirectorBob0209 said:

I originally came on here to talk about how impressed that almost All GSP to ATL or ATL to GSP flights are almost full. My flight from ATL to GSP was booked full with a huge standby list. It's quite impressive and love it. 

Same for GSP-CLT, sometimes with king upgrade lists, too, showing a lot of frequent fliers coming through GSP.

The ATL-GSP-CLT flights, to me, also show that a fast rail line, with stations at those three airports, would do well, giving alternatives to people on I-85 and in the air.   A train between Greenville and Charlotte could easily do the trip in one hour, which would be close to the time it takes to fly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, timbach said:

Just 667 more passengers than AVL.

Yep. For Asheville: 

June 2023 June 2022 % Change
226,839 181,885 24.7%

I guess tourism really does play a large role. I thought Avelo might make a dent but I guess not. Oh well. It is what it is. Once the expansion project is complete at Asheville, I predict they will get at least 50,000-100,000 more passengers per month than GSP. Maybe someday GSP will get service to Boston, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, and Austin like they have. Or am I wishing for too much? 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Yep. For Asheville: 

226,839 181,885 24.7%

I guess tourism really does play a large role. I thought Avelo might make a dent but I guess not. Oh well. It is what it is. Once the expansion project is complete at Asheville, I predict they will get at least 50,000-100,000 more passengers per month than GSP. Maybe someday GSP will get service to Boston, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, and Austin like they have. Or am I wishing for too much? 

You could be right, but in my mind what Asheville is doing is making it comfortable  for their passengers. I don’t think we are going to see an appreciable passenger increase as a result. The Asheville airport is a dump and desperately needs the attention. 

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Yep. For Asheville: 

226,839 181,885 24.7%

I still think a very sizable chunk of AVL traffic is coming from the upstate itself. I constantly hear people I know and meet around here who are using AVL because it has more options and often cheaper prices. If those flights were out of GSP upstaters would be using it instead.  

And it continues to seem the shine is coming off Asheville a bit. Last time I was downtown I was surprised how run down and small it looked. Gville has it beat to peices in my book. The only thing it has over Gville is mountain proximity.

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

227,506 passengers for June. 17.90% increase over June 2022 which saw 192,991 passengers. 

Only about 7200 less than the June record from 2019.

15 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I still think a very sizable chunk of AVL traffic is coming from the upstate itself. I constantly hear people I know and meet around here who are using AVL because it has more options and often cheaper prices. If those flights were out of GSP upstaters would be using it instead.  

And it continues to seem the shine is coming off Asheville a bit. Last time I was downtown I was surprised how run down and small it looked. Gville has it beat to peices in my book. The only thing it has over Gville is mountain proximity.

Only about 7200 less than the June record from 2019.

I am one of them. When I want to not take Delta down to Tampa, I go there for Allegiant as they go down to Tampa twice a day everyday. If GSP wants to change to everyday and not just Monday's and Friday's I will gladly take my business back to GSP. But for now, only Delta is my go-to GSP flight at the moment.