GSP International

gvillenative

10 hours ago, gman430 said:

Only 205,981 passengers for March. :( 

Quoting myself but this was the second highest March ever in terms of passenger numbers. Only March 2019 was higher and it was just barely higher at 207,798 passengers. March 2022 had 184,399 passengers for comparison. I feel like GSP will top the 2019 record numbers once Summer especially July hits. This is of course if a recession doesn’t happen. 

Also, due to demand Delta has upgraded both daily flights (minus Saturday) to Detroit with mainline Boeing 717-200 aircraft effective immediately. Previously, only one of the flights was on a mainline plane while the other was on a regional plane. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Noticed another large Avelo billboard on Woodruff Road across from Costco. Good to see advertising starting to pick up. Also have seen digital billboards for the new United mainline and the new American service to LaGuardia. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

I havd no idea of the veracity of this, sounds like just a rumor, but someone indicates WN (SWA) may be bringing back many former routes, including  GSP -MDW and GSP - BNA by the end of the year. 

From an airline forum:

"WN has previously stated in earnings calls that it was planning on having its network fully restored by the end of 2023, and the upcoming WN schedule extension on 5/4/2023 will extend the WN flight schedule to 1/7/2024."

"There were also discussions about WN possibly resuming some of the nonstop routes that were dropped by WN prior to 2019 such as AUS-PHL/PDX/SEA, MDW-GSP/LIT, DEN-MHT/PVD, MCI-OKC/SLC, BNA-GSP, and STL-ABQ/BHM/SDF."

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Hmm... that is a rather... odd destination. Why not Nashville?

Because Nashville isn’t one of their focus cities. You have a better chance of seeing Raleigh getting announced from GSP than Nashville when it comes to Avelo. 

Edited by gman430

The large airport funding CHS and GSP are requesting was not included in the state Senate bill passed today. However, it looks like the requested funding will be taken up in Conference Committee and could be included within the overall state budget then which was pretty much the plan from the get go. We should know within the next month or so whether it gets approved or not. 

6 hours ago, apaladin said:

Is there some kind of an announcement coming today. Saw a short video on facebook saying so. 

If you go to their route map and put the pointer over ILG it will draw a line to GSP.

2 hours ago, hauntedheadnc said:

Can you even imagine the marketing possibilities of routes like this?

"Avelo: 'Flying you everywhere no one wants to go!'"

"Taking you places you've never heard of."

On 3/9/2023 at 1:01 AM, rssgvegas said:

Initial frequency is as follows.   6 flights a week.  I *believe * its 4 to HVN and 2 to MCO but I could be wrong.

• Weekly:
    •  GSP: 6 weekly flights
      • · 2 Thursday
      • · 2 Sunday
      • · 1 Wednesday
        • o Changes to 1 Monday after 06/24
      • · 1 Saturday
        • o Changes to 1 Friday after 06/24

The airport never stops pushing for more airlines and routes.  Nothing else is imminent right now though.

Looks like 6 weekly flights was right.  Not sure why they held off on the ILG announcement other than maybe they wanted to make it apart of the ILG expansion announcement!

While the September schedule is not finalized, United has tentatively upgauged one of their EWR flights to a mainline a319 starting Sept 5th.  Also that same day, IAH is upgauged to a 166 seat B737-800 and the pm ORD mainline that goes away this summer comes back and is also upgauged to a B737-800.

5 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yes but New Haven is close to…….nevermind. Could I make a simple request and ask instead of using airport abbreviations, name the city instead? TIA

Tirana International Airport, also known as Mother Teresa International Airport in Tirana, Albania.

Edited by hauntedheadnc
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, apaladin said:

Yes but New Haven is close to…….nevermind. Could I make a simple request and ask instead of using airport abbreviations, name the city instead? TIA

Looking at Avelo’s app, the bookings for New Haven are actually looking really good so far. In regards to Wilmington, it’s only been one day and I am already seeing seats booked for it so maybe it will work out there also. Orlando bookings on the other hand while doing better are still lacking unfortunately. Hopefully the number of seats booked for that city will pick up soon.  Still too early to say what’s going to happen overall. 

The Wilmington and Orlando routes will be using a 737-800 while the New Haven route will be using a 737-700.

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

What happened to your post, I was about to opine? :lol:

GSP is not one of the 31 airports included thankfully. The design for GSP is being done by a different architect. Whew. Below is a map of the 31 airports receiving the new ATTC design: 

3D655571-D111-40BF-89D4-CFC9B527E6EC.webp

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:59 PM, gman430 said:

Looking at Avelo’s app, the bookings for New Haven are actually looking really good so far. In regards to Wilmington, it’s only been one day and I am already seeing seats booked for it so maybe it will work out there also. Orlando bookings on the other hand while doing better are still lacking unfortunately. Hopefully the number of seats booked for that city will pick up soon.  Still too early to say what’s going to happen overall. 

The Wilmington and Orlando routes will be using a 737-800 while the New Haven route will be using a 737-700.

Just for kicks I put in 4 tickets from here to ILG for July at $29 apiece. The total for that was $116. However, at check out, I noticed that it was $239; taxes and fees cost more than the tickets. I get that $29 is a giveaway price and 4 tickets for $116 is crazy good, but somehow it seems like a bait and switch when the taxes are more than the tickets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1