What would you destroy?

btoy

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back on topic I'd love to see Tooter Town bulldozed over. Anyone who lives up here in Greertucky is probably famliar with this disgusting eyesore. It plays up every negative stereotype about red-neck hillbilly southerners. Rusted out junkers on cinderblocks dot the property. How it continues to get a c.o is beyond me. Words can't begin to describe how awful this place is.

Getting back on topic I'd love to see Tooter Town bulldozed over. Anyone who lives up here in Greertucky is probably famliar with this disgusting eyesore. It plays up every negative stereotype about red-neck hillbilly southerners. Rusted out junkers on cinderblocks dot the property. How it continues to get a c.o is beyond me. Words can't begin to describe how awful this place is.

Where and what is Tooter Town?

Leave Tooter Town alone. Sometimes "stereotypes" are just plain fun.

Not when I have to drive by it everyday on my way home from work. :) Funny thing is, it sits on some nice property, plenty big enough for a commercial development.

Perfect for a Harris Teeter supermarket, I bet. I can easily see people making a quick run to the "Tooter Teeter" for a quick late-night snack! :lol:

Seriously, I have never heard of Tooter Town. I bet it's scary in a Deliverance sort of way!

Yes and for all practical purposes the GE plant is what made Woodruff Road - Woodruff Road. It was fairly well hidden for years with a nice clump of trees until they decided to build the shops of Gridlock and the area with Wal-Mart too. if anything I would tear down the shops at gridlock and the super Wal-Mart and the shops within it's vicinity. Even before those places were developed Woodruff Road was crazy.

If the Menin Development is successful, it is very easy to envision a scenario in which GE decides to sell the property for a comparable development to build another larger facility not so much in the thick of things.

If the Menin Development is successful, it is very easy to envision a scenario in which GE decides to sell the property for a comparable development to build another larger facility not so much in the thick of things.

Ok, I don't know what a Menin development is but if GE moved to another location what's to stop it from spawning another Woodruff road?

... if GE moved to another location what's to stop it from spawning another Woodruff road?

The biggest thing is that it would likely be done all at one time, by one developer... or at least with one plan in mind. That and the powers that be are a little smarter than they were 15 years ago.

How about the Burger King on Wade Hampton Boulevard? The location is currently closed, either for a replacement to be built in its place as I heard somewhere or it is targeted for sale with the additional wooded area for sale next to RBC Insurance. This can coincide with the adjacent K-Mart to be demolished after its final monthly store closing sale.

How about the Burger King on Wade Hampton Boulevard? The location is currently closed, either for a replacement to be built in its place as I heard somewhere or it is targeted for sale with the additional wooded area for sale next to RBC Insurance. This can coincide with the adjacent K-Mart to be demolished after its final monthly store closing sale.

That Burger King is closed for good, my understading that it is being replaced with a location at Cherrydale. Also, the one in Greer on Wade Hampton will close and a new one will be built in front of Target.

Also the Woods at RBC do not have the same owner as the BK.

Also, rumor has it that the Kmart will be renovated and expanded so that they can offer the Craftsman and Kenmore lines from sears, as well as other appliances.

Also, rumor has it that the Kmart will be renovated and expanded so that they can offer the Craftsman and Kenmore lines from sears, as well as other appliances.

That would be nice. I have fond memories of the K-Mart "Blue Light Specials" as a kid. Of course, once they built a Target in Fargo around 1980, we started shopping there.

• 2 months later...

I had never paid to much attention to the trees on Coffee Street, but now that they're in bloom, I noticed that they are Pear Trees. :sick: I wish the city would "destroy" them and replant the street with 'real' trees. Something with brilliant fall color would be nice.

Archived