River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the blue "tarp" is the vapor barrier which is often placed under a slab on grade application.

Actually the day I was on site, there were two tarps. One was on the bottom over a sand bed and the other was drapped over the top of what looked like freshly poured concrete from the night before. It was raining/misting out so I assumed they covered it with the blue tarp so it could dry/cure. Sorry if I mislead anyone in my description before.

I visited the site this afternoon around lunch. Construction was continually working. The entire northern half of the basement is poured and they are putting up the platform to pour the floor of the first level :yahoo: Excavation of the southern half of the building is still in progress.

Some other updates:

• The crane will be built on site during the week of February 5th. It will take between 3 and 5 days to construct. Bridge still will be closed to one lane in each direction. They are brining in one of the largest mobile cranes to build the stationary one. The boom on the mobile crane can extend to 400 feet :shok: . The stationary crane will be assembled in large horizontal sections and lifted into place with the mobile crane. Once completed the stationary crane will be 250 feet tall or around the height of the Bridgewater I.
  • When things are going full force, probably after the 6 or 7 floors, they will be completing a floor every 8 days.
  • The exterior skin will be going up at the same time. The glass skin will be only 5 floors behind the current top floor. I believe the JW had a cushion of 10 floors, but I could be wrong.
  • At full swing, there may be up to 300 workers on the worksite at during the day time hours. To accommodate, Riverhouse as rented/leased the Gerald R Ford Museum parking lot across Bridge Street.

So get your cameras ready! :thumbsup:

I visited the site this afternoon around lunch. Construction was continually working. The entire northern half of the basement is poured and they are putting up the platform to pour the floor of the first level :yahoo: Excavation of the southern half of the building is still in progress.

Some other updates:

• The crane will be built on site during the week of February 5th. It will take between 3 and 5 days to construct. Bridge still will be closed to one lane in each direction. They are brining in one of the largest mobile cranes to build the stationary one. The boom on the mobile crane can extend to 400 feet :shok: . The stationary crane will be assembled in large horizontal sections and lifted into place with the mobile crane. Once completed the stationary crane will be 250 feet tall or around the height of the Bridgewater I.
  • When things are going full force, probably after the 6 or 7 floors, they will be completing a floor every 8 days.
  • The exterior skin will be going up at the same time. The glass skin will be only 5 floors behind the current top floor. I believe the JW had a cushion of 10 floors, but I could be wrong.
  • At full swing, there may be up to 300 workers on the worksite at during the day time hours. To accommodate, Riverhouse as rented/leased the Gerald R Ford Museum parking lot across Bridge Street.

So get your cameras ready! :thumbsup:

It won't be long and that parking ramp is going to be a bad spot for photos. I'll have to scope out the best spots (other than the off-ramp from 131 North to I-196 East). :P

It won't be long and that parking ramp is going to be a bad spot for photos. I'll have to scope out the best spots (other than the off-ramp from 131 North to I-196 East). :P

I know I'd feel safe standing on that offramp shooting pictures. ;)

Maybe not.

We may need to have someone w/ access to Bridgewater get some pictures for us.

Wow - Just got back from a non-photo walk to Riverhouse, and they've really been moving over there. The Basement floor doesn't look totally done yet, but the forms for the north side of the first floor seem to be pretty much in place. Quite impressive speed over there...

Any guess as to when they could be at the 6th or 7th floor? Around Tax day perhaps?

l

That would be a fair guess. I don't know personally. If I remember when I am around again, I will ask for a rough date. It takes 8 days to build a floor that is above the 7th floor. The first six floors will probably require some extra work/time because they have to connect to the existing parking structure and the floors are at 14 feet, so around the middle to end of April would be a good estimate.

Anyone notice on Bridgewater Place website under the floor plan section that the word BEDROOM is continually spelled wrong?!?!?!

I noticed the error in one of the units a couple of days ago, but after looking again today, I see that 9 of the penthouses have at least one occurrence of beedoom or beedroom

I noticed the error in one of the units a couple of days ago, but after looking again today, I see that 9 of the penthouses have at least one occurrence of beedoom or beedroom

Cut and paste typo. Someone probably spelled it wrong once and kept copying and pasting the incorrect word over and over again. I spot typos on advertising and marketing pieces all the time. Email them and bring it to their attention.

Are the southern views in those photos real? They do not show any southern views in other portions of the sight. I would think there would have to be southern views for the premiere units. That's the best view of the 4.....

Oops, I mean "site".....

At the time they constucted the page with all the views on different floors, just about every southern unit was purchased. Probably to save some money, they didn't have multiple pictures of the southern views, because those units were already sold.

At the time they constucted the page with all the views on different floors, just about every southern unit was purchased. Probably to save some money, they didn't have multiple pictures of the southern views, because those units were already sold.

Ahhhh, yes. Makes sense. Thanks DwtwnGeo. :thumbsup:

Archived