River House Condominiums

GRCentro

I'm having a hard time figuring out where this crane will go in relation to the building itself. It doesn't look like the crane goes up an elevator shaft. And based on this rendering, the tower doesn't go all the way back to the existing parking deck, so it would put the crane somewhere in this area.

317089333_8807dfa54c_o.jpg

Where is this rendering from? I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't go all the way back to the parking ramp. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we seen caisson work all along the ramp? I had always assumed that the footprint of the building would essentially fill that entire pit, front to back...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this rendering from? I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't go all the way back to the parking ramp. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we seen caisson work all along the ramp? I had always assumed that the footprint of the building would essentially fill that entire pit, front to back...

Sparky, you are right about the caisson work going all the way back to the existing parking ramp. What you are seeing here is a birdseye view showing the top of the parking structure. Under the green area right next to the new tower is the roof of the 5th floor of the parking deck. The residents on the 6th floor looking North will have a large "green" terrace for their patio. Currently thier isn't a roof on the parking deck but it will be inclosed when the building is completed.

Do you know if the patios will be concrete or steel?

I do not know for sure, but I would imagine that the patio would be concrete like the remaining floor rather than a steel floor after the crane is removed. With that being said, I would like that the crane will be placed right next to the SW patios and attached to the building like we have seen with the JW. It was mentioned that the construction elevator will also be on the same corner next to the crane like the JW.

Sparky, you are right about the caisson work going all the way back to the existing parking ramp. What you are seeing here is a birdseye view showing the top of the parking structure. Under the green area right next to the new tower is the roof of the 5th floor of the parking deck. The residents on the 6th floor looking North will have a large "green" terrace for their patio. Currently thier isn't a roof on the parking deck but it will be inclosed when the building is completed.

Essentially, isn't the gray area the current parking garage, and the "green-roofed" area an expanded parking garage for the River House residents? That terrace area is a nice touch for those lower floor people facing North.

sparky, that view is from an interactive 3D file they used to have on their website. You can see some different angles here. The condo tower will not be nearly as "thick" as the current office tower. It will be about as wide as Plaza Towers I believe (looking from the East or West).

Essentially, isn't the gray area the current parking garage, and the "green-roofed" area an expanded parking garage for the River House residents?

Yes, the gray area will be the roof of the current parking deck and the green roof area will be an expanded parking area for residents along with access to the building etc.

From what I've seen of it, execpt for large conventions at Devose Place and special events at the Ford, the lot may have 10 to 15 vehicles parked there at any given time.

how desirable is that parking lot across the street from riverhouse!? perfect for res./com. mixed

how desirable is that parking lot across the street from riverhouse!? perfect for res./com. mixed

If you are talking about the parking lot on the South side of Michigan/Bridge St? I thought it was part of the Ford Museum/government agency. Being part of the Presidential musuem, it would/will take a motion in US Congress to have something developed there. I am not saying that something would never be constructed there, just that it will take a heck of a lot of political lobbying.

Personally, I would like to see someone dig it out, put in a couple levels of underground parking (like they did with DeVos Place) and make the top of the parking deck part of the park with grass, trees, and benches etc.

Another question, where do the condo's start in the back, above level 6? Who'd buy a condo with a direct view of the middle of a parking ramp? I'd probably be a good area to have service stuff, offices, pool, weight room, etc, but i can't imagine anyone buying those.

Another question, where do the condo's start in the back, above level 6? Who'd buy a condo with a direct view of the middle of a parking ramp? I'd probably be a good area to have service stuff, offices, pool, weight room, etc, but i can't imagine anyone buying those.

Actually the condo's start on level 6. The 6th floor is quite popular and has completely sold out now. The cool thing about that level is that the back condos all have roof terraces. I'm designing one of the terraces right now. The wacky thing is the terrace has as much square footage as the condo, it's huge.

Actually the condo's start on level 6. The 6th floor is quite popular and has completely sold out now. The cool thing about that level is that the back condos all have roof terraces. I'm designing one of the terraces right now. The wacky thing is the terrace has as much square footage as the condo, it's huge.

What's level 1-6 on that side then?

Archived