River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm. What does this mean for those of us who shoot photos off of that ramp?

For any shots of the West, North and East, you should be able to stand next to the edge of the ramp that is there now. The only difference would be the roof that will be installed on the parking deck. I am assuming the side of the parking structure will remain open and not have a "cloth" or screen covering the current openings (like the Plaza Towers Parking Ramp).

As for shots of the southern scape, you may to have to find someone that lives in the building and take them from their balcony. There are a few UP members that will have places there :whistling:

They are designed to have a wooded fence between them.

Parking garage is 1-5 I believe.

Wood? That seems an odd choice given all the chrome and glass on the towers. Or are you planning on some sort of finish that would embellish natural wood? Maybe even artificial "wood"?

Goodness knows wood doesn't look good over the long haul. It's why we now have an ordinance in my honor in my township that requires, if at all possible, masonry dumpster enclosures (versus wood ones that fall down in 24-36 months).

Wood? That seems an odd choice given all the chrome and glass on the towers. Or are you planning on some sort of finish that would embellish natural wood? Maybe even artificial "wood"?

Don't know, I don't have any control over that. We'll see I guess.

Are these terraces spaces something the condo owners have complete control over? Full landscaping, plantings, everything? Would it be possible for an owner to construction a split block wall between him and the neighbors? just curious :)

So far the owners have control over the terraces. I suppose as long as you don't have lighting that shines into someone's condo you'd be ok. Time will tell, we just submitted the concept drawings for approval. :D

I don't think you could do a block wall. I think they are springing for wood at this point.

Why are they extending the parking lot? I assumed the existing ramp was built with both planned towers in mind. Is River House so much bigger that it will actually require a larger ramp?

I seem to remember hearing about a big dispute about parking between the current owners of Bridgewater and Grooters. It almost killed the project. I think they built the extra parking because they couldn't get enough spots from Bridgewater.

I seem to remember hearing about a big dispute about parking between the current owners of Bridgewater and Grooters. It almost killed the project. I think they built the extra parking because they couldn't get enough spots from Bridgewater.

What would/could be done with this space? If you built condos there, I don't think anyone would buy them because you would have a "view" of the parking deck and no natural sunlight. The first and second floors of Riverhouse contain all the "amenities" of the pool/spa/gym/lounge/mail room and common areas. I guess you could have used it has more storage for condo owners, but every condo owner will have a lockable storage spot in the basement already. Maybe if the building was "mixed use" they could have put offices there, but again I don't know what type of business would move in without any street access and a view of the parking ramp. I think parking was a good choice, it gives a point of access for residents on each floor of the ramp and also provides premium parking for the penthouses above the 27th floor. As it is right now with each condo having two parking spots, Riverhouse will have the entire top floor of the current parking deck plus the parking on the back half of Riverhouse for the first 5 floors. These parking areas will be gated and sectioned off from the rest of the parking deck.

I was for some odd reason under the impression that the first few floors would be a mix of office, retail and ammenities. Boy did I not have a clue.

These guys are talking about the backside of the tower (North side), not the front side. I don't think there will be any offices, but last I heard there will be a small market?

http://www.grriverhouse.com/html/lobby.html

And then there is the clubhouse level:

http://www.grriverhouse.com/html/club.html

The penthouse plans are now on the website:

http://www.grriverhouse.com/html/penthouses.html

My favorite feature of Bridgewater place is the deep blue color of the glass and its reflective properties. If the same glass is going to be used on River House which I'm assuming to be the case to blend the new with the existing, then is development is going to look absolutely stunning. While I'm here, Is there a difference between the floor deck heights of a standard office building and a residential hi-rise and why? If one looks at the renderings of Riverhouse and Bridgewater Place, one will notice the spacing betwween floor decks differ between the two assuming the white bands are the edges of the floor decks.

found some nice renderings, last 2 are the best

http://www.dtswink.com/projects-elements/riverhouse.htm

Neat tower. What is also kind of neat is that in my town there is a tower being built called RiverPlace Condominiums, only a one word difference :lol: . They are also going to be around the same number of stories, RiverPlace at between 30-36 stories. They don't really like alike though.

So when was the first building in that complex built?

Neat tower. What is also kind of neat is that in my town there is a tower being built called RiverPlace Condominiums, only a one word difference :lol: . They are also going to be around the same number of stories, RiverPlace at between 30-36 stories. They don't really like alike though.

So when was the first building in that complex built?

I want to say 1993?

tamias, ceiling heights in residential towers are generally 9' or 10', whereas in offices they are 12 - 15' (or higher).

My only worry about the glass is any aging on the older side might not match the new glass, but i agree, the building has got to have some of the best glass in the world.

They will mismatch for a while, but they will both end up about the same shade. give it a year or s, and you'll never notice it.

Did anyone else notice the shockwave from the cannon salute causing the glass on Bridgewater to oscillate?

It was like the freakin' matrix, where the helicopter crashes into the building and waves resonate out in the glass...

Whoa! I notice it now when I look at this picture. Look around the dark shadow area on the side of Bridgewater. The smoke is from the fired cannons. You can definitely see the glass rippling.

344724348_a0f815b356_b.jpg

Archived