River House Condominiums

GRCentro

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some quick pictures of the new tower crane being assembled, taken today.

Bridge Water and the Tower Crane under Construction

bridgewaterandtowercranxr4.jpg

The Jib and Boom parts staged on Bridge Street with the big mobile preparing to hoist them into place. The Operator's Cab has already been attached to the tower.

towercranecomponentstr1.jpg

Here's some quick pictures of the new tower crane being assembled, taken today.

Bridge Water and the Tower Crane under Construction

bridgewaterandtowercranxr4.jpg

The Jib and Boom parts staged on Bridge Street with the big mobile preparing to hoist them into place. The Operator's Cab has already been attached to the tower.

towercranecomponentstr1.jpg

I was just wondering about those parts. Where will they go? I'm not much of a construction groupie, but this is pretty awesome. Thanks for the pics and info.

Nothing happening today, but here's my first good batch of photos of the crane:

398962833_62f68f2bc2_b.jpg

398974142_62e16f032d_b.jpg

398975126_2b19d7b0f0_b.jpg

398975547_76fcbbd28b_b.jpg

Formwork for the lobby:

398963797_cb6804b5e4_b.jpg

I think this pan is the first time I've really been able to see the footprint of the new tower. Pretty easy to see the lobby/parking division in this one as well:

398966282_4ced4cae6f_b.jpg

I was just wondering about those parts. Where will they go? I'm not much of a construction groupie, but this is pretty awesome. Thanks for the pics and info.

The "boom" is the part off the front that lifts the materials you are hauling up. The "jib" is the section on the back that provides counterweight (imagine a rudimentary scale like in chemistry class) to the materials you are lifting. They are attached by support cables to the "mast" (I guess it's called) that rises above the operator's cabin.

360860296_38d74acf58_o.jpg

The "hook reach" would be, if you were looking down on the crane from birds-eye view, it would be the radius of reach of the crane:

173261900_2d8314ff7b.jpg

The crane has to be strategically placed so that it can reach the entire construction site of the tower portion, and not hit Bridgewater I.

What you are seeing right now is everything but the jib, boom and support cables.

I think this pan is the first time I've really been able to see the footprint of the new tower. Pretty easy to see the lobby/parking division in this one as well:

398966282_4ced4cae6f_b.jpg

Good call sparky! I can see it now too:

399016762_f97d33aed1_o.jpg

(red lobby, blue parking garage)

Upside down so that it matches:

399018768_baab411810_o.jpg

The front right area must be storage or something else.

The front right area must be storage or something else.

GRDad,

I believe the front right area will have as access drive so to speak to the basement area for Utilites etc. It will be under the pool area of the second floor. When you look at the website www.grriverhouse.com and compare the "lobby" and "club" pages, you will see the club page is a little wider. I think this is because the lobby page doesn't show underneath the pool area of the club page because of this "access" area. Or I could just be seeing things :wacko:

EDIT: Here is a picture of the "club" page on the website. If you count the pillar posts in GRDad's picture you will notice there are more in this one.

post-6831-1172174966_thumb.jpg

If you access the pool from the second floor, wouldn't the pool itself be taking up that first floor space on the west side?

You are right there Hombre. The first 6 or so floors will have 14 foot ceilings because of the parking ramp behind. The plans in the model (if I remember right) do show a delivery/access space going below street grade for some reason under the pool/hot tub area of the second floor. So if the pool is 10 feet deep (which I am guessing it wouldn't be) that will leave 4 feet between the first floor and the bottom of the pool. If the ramp/delivery entrance goes below grade, it would be possible to build.

You are right there Hombre. The first 6 or so floors will have 14 foot ceilings because of the parking ramp behind. The plans in the model (if I remember right) do show a delivery/access space going below street grade for some reason under the pool/hot tub area of the second floor. So if the pool is 10 feet deep (which I am guessing it wouldn't be) that will leave 4 feet between the first floor and the bottom of the pool. If the ramp/delivery entrance goes below grade, it would be possible to build.

I think I remember Rachel saying it was going to be more of a shallow lap pool. Still pretty nice though. You're right that the pool and all its mechanical probably take up a great majority of that space.

I have the same thing. My whole family lives in the GR area, but for some reason, I seem to more about this stuff than they do even though I live a few thousand miles away. UP is great.

You can share these photos with your family here in GR albertaresident. :D They may not even know this is going up right now.

399917756_b51ca3a6f5_b.jpg

399917753_0932715094_b.jpg

399917741_af54c0a0d6_b.jpg

399917739_1aa24cc836_b.jpg

The boom was hanging right out over Bridge Street, and almost looked to be out over 131 (but I don't think it was). If that Gelock gave way, it WOULD have been on 131.

399913302_87b7e8b914_b.jpg

399913298_8022e3647e_b.jpg

399917737_4f00672358_b.jpg

Archived