Harris Teeter

I love HT also. I am in my 11th month of my year-long (or longer) boycott of Food Lion/Bloom. Their unfriendliness and lack of customer service is what prompted the boycott.

Every trip I make to HT is pleasant and unstressful. I like the friendly employees (and I am NOT from the South). I don't mind paying more for such a great shopping experience.

Was the "not from the south" bit a personal jab? I remember that somewhere in this forum before...hmm???

I don't think unfriendliness is bad, I just sometimes get annoyed when people ask you 17 times if you need help with something when it all reality it is just HT's shoplifting deterrent technique. Probably only 50% of the people who ask you if you need help actually care if you do.

Also, about your boycott of Food Lion, the ones in Charlotte proper (if that's where you are) are quite bad I'll agree...but if you venture outside Mecklenburg County, Food Lions actually aren't all that bad. Ive been in some Food Lions as far north as Kentucky that were nice.

When was the one where the town hall stands today originally built?

A fixture sale? As in selling the light fixtures?

And you say HT still will own this store and won't sell it to anyone right

I don't have a fix on when the one in Matthews was built, but considering it closed around 1990, I figure 15-20 years before that.

Also, some form of city manager mentioned to me once that Piper Glen was a property that was actually OWNED and not leased by HT, though I haven't been able to confirm this with HT.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could see pics of the old HT there... so i'm still unclear on this fixture sale.

Take a ride to Matthews, I bet the Matthews Town Hall has pictures of the old building. I was told it was abandoned for almost 10 years, so there has to be pictures somewhere.

In regards to the fixture sale, it's over now. All I was saying before was that some of the freezers, tables, refrigeration units and other bulky items were for sale back in October.

Maybe I missed this somewhere on this thread, but have y'all heard they're tearing down the Cotswold Teeter? It will be demolished after the Holidays and be rebuilt over the following 10 months. Haven's seen a site plan, but have heard the new store will face Randolph. I can't believe I'm gonna have to go to the Taj MaTeeter at SouthPark for the next year; there's not a chance in hell I'll be shopping at the Food Dog on Wendover!

Maybe I missed this somewhere on this thread, but have y'all heard they're tearing down the Cotswold Teeter? It will be demolished after the Holidays and be rebuilt over the following 10 months. Haven's seen a site plan, but have heard the new store will face Randolph. I can't believe I'm gonna have to go to the Taj MaTeeter at SouthPark for the next year; there's not a chance in hell I'll be shopping at the Food Dog on Wendover!

I did not hear that but that's not surprising. It is one of the oldest Teeter stores (like Eastland) and i guess now it's time the store match the rest of the newly renovated shopping center. I don't blame you for not wanting to shop at Wendover Food Dog... that place is scary. Very interesting that the new store will face Randolph too!

10 months is a long time though.. yeah i guess people in the area will have to drive to Morocroft, Sardis Rd N or Eastland if they want HT. If the one on Independence/Idlewild still existed, it would be closest.

One thing i love about the current teeter is the red checkeboard-like lines on the window

cotswoldharristeeter.jpg

I might be wrong, but the remodeling job they were doing to convert the Winn Dixie to Harris Teeter on Sam Furr Rd. seems to have stopped. The store is full of fixtures and a big Harris Teeter sign is on the building now, but the "Opening Soon" sign as disappeared, and in riding by there yesterday, there was absolutely no activity. Odd for a store that one would think would be rushing to try and get open as soon as possible.

Maybe they are holding off on this one because of the new one they are building right down the street that is also getting ready to open.

I believe it won't be completely demolished but will be done in phases. I was surprised to learn that the Cotswold store is the busiest in Charlotte and 1 of the most profitable in the company. Anyway, I believe they will be adding a pharmacy during the remodel like the one their doing on Central and Pecan hopefully.

I believe it won't be completely demolished but will be done in phases. I was surprised to learn that the Cotswold store is the busiest in Charlotte and 1 of the most profitable in the company. Anyway, I believe they will be adding a pharmacy during the remodel like the one their doing on Central and Pecan hopefully.

So are they demolishing the HT on Central or just renovating it? If the HT on Central and the HT at Cotswold are gone at the same time it will definitely put a damper on my grocery shopping.

That Taj Ma Teeter line made me laugh. I've never heard of Food Dog.

I know that the Weddington Winn-Dixie is still in the process of converting to Harris Teeter.

Yea it's madness, they will probably build a few more in that area once it sprawls out a bit more. I know my parents have like 5 Teeters within 3 miles.

So are they demolishing the HT on Central or just renovating it? If the HT on Central and the HT at Cotswold are gone at the same time it will definitely put a damper on my grocery shopping.

The remodel will probably be like the Target at Stonecrest if anyone shopped their during their remodel. It was pretty extensive but they were able to stay open for business. These two Harris Teeters will probably stay open as well.

Actually the Morrocroft store is the busiest in Charlotte averaging $950,000-$1,250,000 weekly. Cotswold averages about $825,00-$900,000 weekly. While Stonecrest and Arboretum are fairly close to the Cotswold numbers.

What I don't understand is how the store will work if the new facade will face Randolph?

http://virtualearth.msn.com/default.aspx?c...0NC%2028213&v=1

While this is only what a neighbor told me, the idea is that the old First Charter Bank will be demolished to rectify the terrible intersection with Colwick and Randolph roads and the store would jut out into the existing parking lot offering entrances facing Randolph and Sharon Amity. She said they were adding square footage to the current front of the store and taking it away on the Randolph side to alleviate traffic issues.

Actually the Morrocroft store is the busiest in Charlotte averaging $950,000-$1,250,000 weekly. Cotswold averages about $825,00-$900,000 weekly. While Stonecrest and Arboretum are fairly close to the Cotswold numbers.

not surprising. They really are the only grocers in the dense, upscale areas tht they serve - unless people are willing to drive to the independence or south blvd corridor

QUOTE(jb4563 @ Jun 2 2005, 11:13 PM)

The University HT (on 49) is the worst HT (ok..worst groecery store period) known to mankind. It is tiny, and for God's sake, the produce section is on left hand side of the store (it is a total reverse layout of every grocery store)..never seen anything like it.

Supposedly, they are going to rebuild it where the old cinema/Media Play was, but I have yet to see that...

Yeah that is the worst one!! The aisles are narrow, and their produce when I was there last year wasn't the freshest... umm but yeah it's an old Harris Teeter in need of some TLC. At least make it look good for those UNCC Students

Ok, it's official, Harris Teeter will close their current University store and move to the other end of the shoping center, in the 50,000 s/f former Media Play bldg.

(btw can someone merge this thread w/ the HT Thread?)

Some of the Harris Teeters, in the Charlotte area need to be remodeled.. For example the one in Monroe is over due. Food Lion and Wal-Mart have already remodeled there stores. The Harris Teeter in Monroe needs to be remodeled. Does anyone have any information on any of this. Does everyone agree??

The one is Monroe will most likely close before any remodel happens. Monroe doesn't fit HT's demographics at all.

They've been talking about that Cotswold renovation since 2001...it's about time they got around to it.

I think a good way to measure old Teeters vs new Teeters is to look at the ceiling. If it's got the tiled ceiling with the soft lighting then it's an older Teeter or one that hasn't been remodled in while, versus a warehouse-type ceiling with those big lights. I'm just glad Teeter doesn't use tube lights like Food Lion and Wal-mart.. eww

The one is Monroe will most likely close before any remodel happens. Monroe doesn't fit HT's demographics at all.

You are wrong. The Monroe store actually does the better than you would think. I read it somewhere. I can;t remember what it said per say. Well anyway, as I was saying Monroe does fit it Demographics there are actually a lot of nice homes in Monore drive down Rocky River Road, or Secrest Short cut. Also drive down Fowler Secrest there are nice homes down there. Plus Monroe already has the first Target in Union County plus much more devleopment on the way. I would say that that Harris Teeter will close, but will likley build a better and bigger store probaly across from Target. Or somewhere near that area.

You are wrong. The Monroe store actually does the better than you would think. I read it somewhere. I can;t remember what it said per say. Well anyway, as I was saying Monroe does fit it Demographics there are actually a lot of nice homes in Monore drive down Rocky River Road, or Secrest Short cut. Also drive down Fowler Secrest there are nice homes down there. Plus Monroe already has the first Target in Union County plus much more devleopment on the way. I would say that that Harris Teeter will close, but will likley build a better and bigger store probaly across from Target. Or somewhere near that area.

this sounds plausible

Archived