Norfolk Development

vdogg

The grandest canyon of them all! :thumbsup:

I just think it would be so great If in the future all you see riding down Brambleton is Highrises on both sides. I really think it's a possibility. It's going to take a long time but it's definately a possibility.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think it would be so great If in the future all you see riding down Brambleton is Highrises on both sides. I really think it's a possibility. It's going to take a long time but it's definately a possibility.

Well, were basicly halfway there. Just a few more to go!

"You cannot stop development of norfolk, you can only hope to contain it..."

This is my response to a post in the Transportation thread, but it seems more appropriate here:

Best Buy and Circuit City have smaller stores for urban markets. A CC in Santa Monica is 2 sotries with music, movie and computers on the second floor. The BB near UCLA doesn't have an appliance department and has a scaled back TV department to fit in its small single story location. I know some malls used to have a CC Express, iand some may still be open. Also, there's a 3-story B&N in Santa Monica, a 3-story Gap and an 8-story Marshall-Field's in Chicago, and a 5-story Nordstorm in San Fran. If the market is there, retailers will find ways to get in. Three questions may be holding downtown back: what will happen to Downtown Plaza, what will happen to the 3rd anchor at MacArthur, and are there enough residents. The last one should be answered when more housing opens up in the next couple of years. The first one will be answered once the study is finished. The second one will be answered once Macy's succeeds in this market (i.e. Bloomingdale's).

I think it is only a matter of time until the retailers climb aboard to build DT but it may take a year or so until the critical mass is reached as you were saying. Once most of the upscale housing in inhabited I think we could expect them to readily come. Also, hopefully MacArthru will also get that 3rd anchor.

Back to the drawing board for homeless housing

Though I'm surprised that THAT warehouse is considered HISTORIC, but I understand what the Department of Historic Resources is saying. I can't see any reason why Virginia Supportive Housing/developer can't make this building look more urban in design when it's done all the time all over the country.

The department has asked Virginia Supportive Housing to reduce the pitch of the roof, to remove decorative elements including most of the gables and cornices, and to install widows with no trim but with industrial-looking casements. No problem there, infact, it might even reduce the overall cost.

The city that keeps on stealing from other metros! Yeah I bet my money went towards that! beotchs! :rofl::thumbsup:

Yeah rusthebuss, but ya know Rich-towners (people from Richmond or Richmonders) has to keep it real (traditional), because remember way back when Kentucky was part of VA but they grew tired of paying taxes to Richmond and Richmond not giving them one brown penny in return therefore creating the great capitol of VA and them poor ol Kentucky Folks separating from this Great State also know as the United States of Virginia! :rofl:

Yeah rusthebuss, but ya know Rich-towners (people from Richmond or Richmonders) has to keep it real (traditional), because remember way back when Kentucky was part of VA but they grew tired of paying taxes to Richmond and Richmond not giving them one brown penny in return therefore creating the great capitol of VA and them poor ol Kentucky Folks separating from this Great State also know as the United States of Virginia! :rofl:

I told you they were beotchs! Lets break off from the state and let Richmond steal from somebody else! :rofl::whistling:

Marathon Development has received sales commitments for four of the six penthouses in Granby Tower, Gadams said. The penthouse units sell for $2.5 million. :D I envisioned that they might have trouble selling the higher end units but apparently not. As for this project I really hope they spruce that building up a bit instead of just using its utilitarian (sp? word?) exterior. That building reminds me of something more akin to a structure in an old soviet bloc country than anything someone would want to live in. I was really hoping that they would tear it down cause that is truly some prime real estate.

Good luck with selling those fast Mr. Barr, your going to need it.

:rofl: Indeed. I would even go so far as to say I've seen plenty of low income housing more attractive than this building. What would make someone want to plunk down 500K for these is beyond me.

:rofl: Indeed. I would even go so far as to say I've seen plenty of low income housing more attractive than this building. What would make someone want to plunk down 500K for these is beyond me.

I saw that this morning and I was dissapointed. I thought it was gonna be demolished. Whatever.... :unsure:

Marathon Development has received sales commitments for four of the six penthouses in Granby Tower, Gadams said. The penthouse units sell for $2.5 million.

That is crazy! I never expected that. Good for Granby, Whose gonna build the next tower?

O.K. I see a pattern here. We are all going to work at home. Downtown will be full of condos and apartments and no more office buildings will be needed, just meeting rooms and conference centers.

I would love to work at home and with my job it is very doable.. that is if they would let me.

Archived