Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's back to the 1700's?

Oh hell yeah, I'm thinking of taking up farming full-time. I'm going to check with my home owners association later today to see what they think. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

This an old picture of me from when I lived in Ghent.

hw0529.JPG

:D

I told you they were beotchs! Lets break off from the state and let Richmond steal from somebody else!

I think the history of Kentucky has been stretched a little here :lol:, but I forgot to mention that I just got my "Money for Richmonders from people that live in other places, ESPECIALLY Hampton Roads" Check... :whistling:

:rofl:

oh yeah... and I saw those sketchy VDOT guys again

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Marathon Development has received sales commitments for four of the six penthouses in Granby Tower, Gadams said. The penthouse units sell for $2.5 million. :D I envisioned that they might have trouble selling the higher end units but apparently not.

I'm not. More than likely the people buying these penthouses are out of state. My economics professor mentioned in late August that the developer of Granby Tower has a long client list up and down the coast and that condos are mostly aimed at attracting them rather than people in our region. He said "of course they will market the condos here too which is why you see the ads and the huge signs on intersections, but the main target demographic lies in the group that the company goes after along the entire east coast and perhaps the entire nation. Don't expect many people in our region to be filling those units." Knowing that he seems to more than have inside connections to our local economy and our downtown business dealings, I definitely believe what he's saying.

I'm not. More than likely the people buying these penthouses are out of state. My economics professor mentioned in late August that the developer of Granby Tower has a long client list up and down the coast and that condos are mostly aimed at attracting them rather than people in our region. He said "of course they will market the condos here too which is why you see the ads and the huge signs on intersections, but the main target demographic lies in the group that the company goes after along the entire east coast and perhaps the entire nation. Don't expect many people in our region to be filling those units." Knowing that he seems to more than have inside connections to our local economy and our downtown business dealings, I definitely believe what he's saying.

He does sound like he knows what he is talking about. He probably knows more than he is letting you know. To me it sounds like he has connections too.

Yeah, it has been no secret that most of the new housing has been built from retirees that are moving from up north. I wish I could say our growth is mostly due to the influx of new jobs and people to the area but that just isn't the case.

I think the history of Kentucky has been stretched a little here but I forgot to mention that I just got my "Money for Richmonders from people that live in other places, ESPECIALLY Hampton Roads" Check...

oh yeah... and I saw those sketchy VDOT guys again

You still haven't said anything after someone pointed out that Richmond is the only metro that gets 100 % of what it puts in back?? Still waiting :whistling: waiting some more :whistling: And please don't give me that capital crap. :angry:

Oh hell yeah, I'm thinking of taking up farming full-time. I'm going to check with my home owners association later today to see what they think. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

This an old picture of me from when I lived in Ghent.

hw0529.JPG

:D

Willy, you gave me my laugh for today, the picture was funny, and hilarious when you said that was a picture of you when you used to live in Ghent! :rofl:

Looks like they are just gonna convert instead of tear down for the condos:

Developer to turn human services building into 22 condominiums

Well upon closer inspection, I think that the building is so ugly because it has some kind of foam/stucco veneer. Not unlike the trailer for the Granby Street Tower has.

What I am hoping is that there is something interesting under the "skin" and that will really help the asthetics. Having said that, there are quite a few beautiful condos in Ghent/Freemason for less than $400,000K in better looking buildings. He's gonna have to pull some rabit out of his hat to get the prices he wants.

how old is the building?

The shape, layout and surrounding buildings makes me think it must be from the 30's to 40's with a big facelift sometime in the late 80's-90's. The next time I go to the Kirn Library and see the historical room, I can look and see if it was there in the 1920's. They have a book of old maps that lists every building street by street as well as old pix there.

Undisclosed buyer found for office tower at 150 W. Main

"Adams would not identity the prospective buyer or terms of the deal until the sale closes. But speculation in the real estate community is that it is a large national firm with an extensive real estate portfolio."

"The sale of the building may be an indicator of the strong office market, especially in downtown Norfolk, local real estate experts said. The downtown office vacancy rate is about 10 percent.

"It is a premier building," Adams said of 150 W. Main. 'The level of interest and the quality of the offering indicates that Norfolk and the overall Hampton Roads area is an investment market meriting national attention.'"

awesome... They should definitely take off the bland skin to see if what's underneath is more elegant...

It's not that old. I don't remember the year it was built, but it had to be the lvery late '60s or during the 70s. That building is so unremarkable that I don't know.

I read about this a few months ago. The article before was talking about what "beach hangout" would take the place of "Duck Inn".

Think It will catch on?

I hope it does! OV needs to put restaurants out there with outdoor patios and such. I don't want another vabeach oceanfront but some classy restaurants and something more relaxing. :thumbsup: Hope they hear this! :whistling:

Archived