Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was a building and 'lived' in Norfolk I would fear for my 'life' :D With so much going on I might be demolished for something more grand. ALL buildings BEWARE!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I'd definately be filling out the will right about now.

:rofl: I'd definately be filling out the will right about now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it could be torn down for possibly a mid-rise but whether it stays or goes for something new, you can bet Norfolk will have a lot of say in making sure the exterior looks to have a modern yet architectural-heavy feel to it to make it part of a link between Downtown and Ghent :)

Who likes them?  Lemme tell ya, there is nothing better than drinking with your buds surrounded by complete strangers who are also cheering for your team while watching it on a 100" projection screen.  It's the closest thing to live sports.  Actually, it might be better because there are no lines to get in,  no lines for beer, no lines for the restroom, waitresses bring you food and drink, and parking and getting there are easy.  Plus, you don't have to pay $30 or more to avoid the nosebleeds.

70 flat-screens?!  That's frigging awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't imagine what this city is going to be like in the next 10-15 years. I can't wait to go to this sports bar. It's going to be great. :alc:

Who likes them?  Lemme tell ya, there is nothing better than drinking with your buds surrounded by complete strangers who are also cheering for your team while watching it on a 100" projection screen.  It's the closest thing to live sports.  Actually, it might be better because there are no lines to get in,  no lines for beer, no lines for the restroom, waitresses bring you food and drink, and parking and getting there are easy.  Plus, you don't have to pay $30 or more to avoid the nosebleeds.

70 flat-screens?!  That's frigging awesome.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hobo, Im with you! if you are a sports fan, Sports bars are great! AJ Gators isn't very fun, but a good sports bar is fun!

okinawatyphoon, if your ever around an ESPN Zone, i recomend you to go! those places are awesome!!! you will have a blast.

this place seems to sound like it will be like an ESPN Zone. not exactly, but close.

I cant wait!!

I can't imagine what this city is going to be like in the next 10-15 years. I can't wait to go to this sports bar. It's going to be great. :alc:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am so happy to be living in Norfolk! :thumbsup:

In 10 years, This area is going to be a large, and respectable "Metro Area" on a national scale. Its just what i have been waiting for.

I am so happy to be living in Norfolk!  :thumbsup:

In 10 years, This area is going to be a large, and respectable "Metro Area" on a national scale. Its just what i have been waiting for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too! I can't wait. I wish that I could get a condo dt but I had to compromise with the wife to move to bayview. She's happy I guess I'm happy. Maybe one day I will live dt when my kids get older and I hit the lottl. LOL!

PDF Beware

Hmm... I realized I don't know how to work a hyperlink on this F%&#*in site. But nonetheless, if you computer can handle it, check it out. Amazing renderings of numerous retail and other projects in the city of Norfolk and here's a fun fact it shrared:

1302 residential units in downtown !!! (NOT including Granby or the new 18-20 story tower).

"Defining the 'Uptown District' as extending from Granby and Little Creek eastward to the new Wal-mart Supercenter and Norfolk's new business park beyond, this 3rd retail node completes a triangle that offers nearly 100% coverage over the city"

In that PDF it says that there are THREE F-500 companies in the Norfolk MSA. I know of Smithfield Foods, & Norfolk Southern, but what's the third?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lots of technicalities. NNSB was a F-500 when Tenneco spun it off and before Northrup Grumman (then GD) bought it. Dollar Tree may become a F-500 company in a year or two. HR companies in the F-1000 are:

Smithfield #222

Norfolk Southern #286

Dollar Tree #546

Amerigroup #807

Dollar Tree is $500 MM in revenue off of #500.

Tomorrow morning is a big opportunity of publicity for downtown Norfolk as the Regis and Kelly Show comes to the Nauticus cruise ship pier!

Hopefully a lot of people all accross the nation will see and learn a lot about Norfolk, and the entire Hampton Roads/Tidewater area.

Regis and Kelly in Norfolk!

Set your Tivo's, DVR's and/or VCR's!

Chesapeake Pirate

Archived