The Village at Sandhill

StevenRocks

^Yeah, but it seems the focus has changed from being mainly retail-oriented to being restaurant-oriented. I haven't really heard of any retail planned as of yet.

The only business I know of is Carolina Ale House, but there will be some retail spaces, as well. I'm not sure what will be locating in there, though.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's rich!! I'm so glad you got a picture of it. Hilarious. Mark my words... we will look back on this whole faux-urbanism lifestyle center trend and laugh. It's a step towards sustainability, but it just REEKS of cheese... at least the way most of them are being designed right now.

• 2 months later...

anything new at VAS???

i haven't seen or heard much since Cracker barrel (wow...lol)...

anybody have any thoughts on the impact the killians crossing might have long term on VAS??

seems like its vicinity to an interstate could give it a long term advantage....

anyone?

anything new at VAS???

i haven't seen or heard much since Cracker barrel (wow...lol)...

anybody have any thoughts on the impact the killians crossing might have long term on VAS??

seems like its vicinity to an interstate could give it a long term advantage....

anyone?

I rarely drive way out there, but you have a point about Killian's Crossing having a location advantage. When they first announced KC I wondered why they would build a similar development so close to VAS so I drove out there and they really aren't that close - about 5 miles.

Well a few weeks ago I went to the open house for the Promenade at Sandhill (or whatever its called) and I'm kinda impressed and disappointed at the same time. The condos/apartments are beautiful made of quality materials and I could see the attraction of living there, but one of the draws is the ability to see the crowd on the street below and if people enjoy this so much I want to know why more people won't move downtown. When we checked out the condos and looked outside it looks just like a quaint downtown. It's great to see smarter building but I'm wondering why more people can't see the connection and move downtown.

:/

Archived