Greater Spartanburg Projects & Developments

Spartan

The economic development part was definitely exciting, and I'm wishing Sparkle City the best when it comes to that. Who knows, maybe this will result in a new addition to the city's skyline.

The new council also said that it will rethink its land use policies, which sounds like a step in the right direction. Concerning the parks system, council may want to seek the advice of these guys, who are pretty much the experts when it comes to public and open spaces and how they should work.

That is some great news. Spartanburg continues to surprise me in terms of its local economy, as I have never heard of this company before, let alone its headquarters being located in Spartanburg. Who knew that Lockwood Greene is the nation's oldest industrial engineering and construction company?

That is some great news. Spartanburg continues to surprise me in terms of its local economy, as I have never heard of this company before, let alone its headquarters being located in Spartanburg. Who knew that Lockwood Greene is the nation's oldest industrial engineering and construction company?

Spartanburg is often overlooked because it is overshadowed by its neighbor to the west. People forget that Spartanburg used to be larger than Greenville, and thus had more businesses get started here in those days.

Well, it has taken me almost a year but I am finally opening my Apple..ish Computer Store. I plan to open on Monday Jan. 15th so ya'll come by and say Hello!

2932 Reidville Rd. Across from former J-Bones location.

thanks,

Kevin

Congratulations! What do you mean by "ish" ?

And do you sell power cords for PPC macs?

Spartanburg is often overlooked because it is overshadowed by its neighbor to the west. People forget that Spartanburg used to be larger than Greenville, and thus had more businesses get started here in those days.

Congratulations! What do you mean by "ish" ?

And do you sell power cords for PPC macs?

we sell Apple and HP. I am also a Lenovo dealer but I haven't sold any in a while now. I don't like calling it an "Apple" store because we sell other stuff too.. but it is primarily Apple hardware! 99% of my business is service related though (been around since 1994).

by PPC you mean Power PC based Macs? I wasn't aware they used a non-standard power cord (except for Powerbooks)... what model?

It just occured to me that Food Lion is inserting itself into the market all over the Upstate, and Spartanburg is no exception. There are at least 3 new ones in Spartanburg (N Pine, Reidville Rd, and Blackstock & 221 in Roebuck. I am wondering if Boiling Springs or Inman are getting one. I'm also wondering if we are ever going to see any Blooms in Spartanburg?

Seneca has one, so why don't we?

It just occured to me that Food Lion is inserting itself into the market all over the Upstate, and Spartanburg is no exception. There are at least 3 new ones in Spartanburg (N Pine, Reidville Rd, and Blackstock & 221 in Roebuck. I am wondering if Boiling Springs or Inman are getting one. I'm also wondering if we are ever going to see any Blooms in Spartanburg?

Seneca has one, so why don't we?

The Bloom in Greer (Wade Hampton Blvd.) is very nice and seems to be quite a success, A second Bloom, on Hwy 14 in the Pelham area is about to open and is sure to do well also. It amazes me just how many Bloom/Food Lion stores are popping up in the upstate. I can't think of another commercial outlet that has moved this quickly.

Oh no, its not different. They changed the power cord to the MagSafe technology on laptops when they switched to intel. So I meant the 'old kind' that was used for the PPC laptops.

yeah, that's what I meant. I might have one in-stock.. I'll look. we just moved from our downtown office and a lot of stuff is still packed in boxes. what model do you have?

• 2 weeks later...
Starbucks is coming to Hillcrest. The City finally revealed that the location is going to be in the old NBSC building in the Hillcrest Shopping Center. This once again shows that the City does a great job of reusing and replacing empty structures instead of letting it continue to sprawl out on East Main (which could have easily happened).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...