Greenville Mall

motonenterprises

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome mallwalker! :D

Thanks for the info.

I was at Palmetto H&G today. They said they still don't know where they will move to, but were looking at the old Rhodes Furniture location and Service Merchandise.

Well today I was out at the mall and they were taking up most of the trash cans. I don't know what they are doing with them.

I see that April Cornell is closing this weekend.

Well today I was out at the mall and they were taking up most of the trash cans. I don't know what they are doing with them.

I see that April Cornell is closing this weekend.

Is April Cornell heading anywhere? Or just closing? That is too bad. I think it would do well downtown, surrounded by other upscale gift and clothing store-type places.

Welcome mallwalker! :D

Thanks for the info.

I was at Palmetto H&G today. They said they still don't know where they will move to, but were looking at the old Rhodes Furniture location and Service Merchandise.

I had talked to one of the managers at Palmetto H&G and they said that they had been talking to the new owners of the mall about staying but are unable to get a answer from them.

How long are they planning on keeping the mall open? I don't see what will be able to survive after Eddie Bauer leaves. I do know that the Oriental Express restaurant at the food court says they will be there for about 6 or 7 more months, then they plan on moving up the road somewhere. :blink:

I heard the same about PH/G. They said they've looked around and the former Service Merchandise and Rhodes seem to be the best choices. I also heard they were wanting to stay there but they hadn't heard anything yet, and that was around two weeks ago. Either store would suit them well, I think.

With all this being said, things aren't looking good for Greenville Mall. Maybe with a name change (because people think Greenville Mall sucks), new anchors, and some fine retailers to fill the gaps in between, they could revitalize it, especially with all that traffic on Woodruff Road. Here's my idea...

Anchors:

Nordstrom

Saks/Parisian (If they're willing to return)

Hell offer them free rent for 6 months if you have to!

Hey, it's wishful thinking :) I doubt they'll let this mall just sit there and do nothing while the rest of Woodruff Road is thriving and has tons of traffic daily. If they properly move the mall upscale, it'll have no problem surviving. The GSA area has 1 million+ people in the area. Someone can make it work

With all this being said, things aren't looking good for Greenville Mall. Maybe with a name change (because people think Greenville Mall sucks), new anchors, and some fine retailers to fill the gaps in between, they could revitalize it, especially with all that traffic on Woodruff Road. Here's my idea...

Anchors:

Nordstrom

Saks/Parisian (If they're willing to return)

Hell offer them free rent for 6 months if you have to!

Hey, it's wishful thinking :) I doubt they'll let this mall just sit there and do nothing while the rest of Woodruff Road is thriving and has tons of traffic daily. If they properly move the mall upscale, it'll have no problem surviving. The GSA area has 1 million+ people in the area. Someone can make it work

Read back in this thread. The mall is being demolished. As leases run out stores are closing. Nothing new will be opening in this old mall. Gulfside is redeveloping this prime land. Greenville Mall is history.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...INESS/512140413

This may just be a personal feeling, but I'd like to see CompUSA relocate to a structure inside the new development. It would add to the variety and give the store greater prominence. I know it currently has I-385 frontage, but its building sits alone from the others and in the rear of the strip shopping center. If the stores around it close or relocate, it may struggle to remain. I hope not, but it is a possibility...

This may just be a personal feeling, but I'd like to see CompUSA relocate to a structure inside the new development. It would add to the variety and give the store greater prominence. I know it currently has I-385 frontage, but its building sits alone from the others and in the rear of the strip shopping center. If the stores around it close or relocate, it may struggle to remain. I hope not, but it is a possibility...

It's not just your feeling. I agree with you 100%. I'd rather not contend with the parking lot to drive back to CompUSA if I don't absolutely have to do so. I think it would benefit from being closer to Woodruff Road and still have a presence along I-385 (and I-85) as long as there is proper signage out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pathetic. There was NOBODY there around 12pm today. All of the bags that were covering the empty stores have been removed, and there were signs that said NOTICE: ALL FIXTURES FOR SALE. PLEASE CALL 864-297-8800 BETWEEN 10AM AND 3PM M-F FOR MORE INFORMATION on every vacant store. No benches or plants left. Just food court chairs all around the mall. The mall is so empty the music echoed all over it! I think for a while I was the only person in the mall. April Cornell has closed, and Nina's is in the process of closing apparently. There wasn't any heat running, it was chilly in there....I definately reccomend a visit before it closes, the way it looked today I don't see it being open much longer.

Why would that company pay all that money just to put stuff like Costco and Rooms to Go there? That seems silly, but then again let's see reserve judgment until we see what the design looks like. A retail center can look bland, amazing, or anywhere in between. Here's hoping that they make it look great.

Archived