Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

Jake Paul was in Charlotte a few days ago, He posted a vlog where he went to Carowinds and was walking around Uptown. It was the worst 10 minutes of my life but I did it to see what publicity he included. Overall, He made it seem like Charlotte is fun and said many times that North Carolina is “Lit”. 

4 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Jake Paul was in Charlotte a few days ago, He posted a vlog where he went to Carowinds and was walking around Uptown. It was the worst 10 minutes of my life but I did it to see what publicity he included. Overall, He made it seem like Charlotte is fun and said many times that North Carolina is “Lit”. 

I think I walked past his shoot Uptown on my way to work actually. Will unfortunately have to now look and see if I made a final cut....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Cadi40 said:

Link? 

Saw a little news blurb about this yesterday. Apparently he was asked to leave Carowinds for driving around the park on a scooter nearly hitting other people and generally making an ass out of himself. Many of his "fans" were there excited to witness all of it. SMH. I truly don't understand teens anymore.

FYI.

for those not in Charlotte, Friday tonight is SO busy. Pops in the park at Romare is super packed. Random Parks arojnd uptown have their own little festivals like at Levine museum parking lot.

speed street is also going on. On top of the usual heavy weekend crowd 

edit: and a baseball game

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I kept calling it speed street the entire time even though I knew it was the taste of Charlotte.  And my friends kept correcting me the entire time. 

Its the damn Food Lion logos that kept throwing me off :p which was the sponsor of speed street for many years 

• Like 1

Firstly. all credit, and a huge thank you for an awesome design, goes to Mentitor on reddit: 

So I watched a great TED talk on city flags by Roman Mars and I am suddenly fascinated by flags. In my opinion, our city flag is pretty boring and the Mecklenburg flag is even worse. So, using the same practical design by Mentitor, I created the following proposals for a new city flag, which follow the 5 principals for flag design. I changed proportions and colors (from the existing city and county flags) of Mentitor's flag. 

1379764695_ScreenShot2018-06-14at17_26_12.thumb.png.9018424c9e35cf476d0e38e08dce0a14.png1659030962_ScreenShot2018-06-14at17_27_14.thumb.png.68dbfba4ad75bd94406ebe13f66aa9a6.png

The first one is my favorite. What does everyone else think? 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, 11 HouseBZ said:

I would keep the St. Andrews cross in the design from the city flag. I do like the crown incorporated from the government flag. 

That's why I put the white diagonal on it, to be St Andrews-esque. Although to me I think the color is slightly off. 

Just my take:  I come here to stay current on development in Charlotte. There is so much happening I cannot stay current about which area is white hot, which red hot, which orange. Which developments are bleeding into other defined areas, which are approved, planned, a-building, announced, reported, rumored? Which have changed, abandoned, merged, suspended, re-cast.? Which areas are the new major development targets? Where is something meaningful occurring, something that will change the neighborhood or area. Which have changed names, targets, financing?  The multitude of projects swim in my head. And some people post items with a sense of irony which leaves me scratching my head anew. I am without the big picture.

TL;DR I am not in the business so projects do not seem part of a pattern, just splotches of paint on the wall. 

1 hour ago, rancenc said:

Up the road in Salisbury this weekend....I do believe Salisbury is one of the smallest cities in the USA that has it's own Pride Festival

http://www.salisburypride.com/festival-2018.html

And it's own busking festival to boot!

https://www.downtownsalisburync.com/events/buskers-bash/

What a peculiar personality this place must have...

• Like 1

What's the dress code like at Haberdish?  Deejai NoDa?  Can I get by in cargos, polo, and sandals at either one?  Any other solid recommendations in NoDa for the dork and his wife who normally would just hit Cabo because they don't know anything else?  PM if you don't want to clog up the thread with your voluminous replies.  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, grodney said:

What's the dress code like at Haberdish?  Deejai NoDa?  Can I get by in cargos, polo, and sandals at either one?  Any other solid recommendations in NoDa for the dork and his wife who normally would just hit Cabo because they don't know anything else?  PM if you don't want to clog up the thread with your voluminous replies.  Thanks!

Cargo shorts? I'm sorry, but you need to leave. The city, that is. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grodney said:

downvoted, just because cargo shorts. Not as a reflection of grodney, he's my dude.

1 hour ago, grodney said:

I have never understood the widespread animosity towards cargo shorts (my wife is chief of the haters). Their is no handier way to carry a cold sixpack of beer.

That outfit would be fine in Haberdish IMO. Have not been to Deejai but their patio has a pretty great rail view.

• Like 3