New Greenville developments

gs3

With that information, I feel like this must be the project under speculation. :dontknow: Looking forward to hearing more...

The project is slated to start construction early next year with completion scheduled for July 2012 like Vicupstate said. :) Separately, a public meeting was held earlier tonight regarding the Piazza Bergamo renovation project and how it will fit into the whole area. It is slated to be an hourglass-shaped plaza through which people could flow freely around a focal point such as a statue, sculpture, or water feature according to Civitas Inc. who is designing the plaza area. Lots of green space also. The city will spend $4 million on the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Say bye-bye to Jack in the Box on Congaree Road, Woodruff Road, Laurens Road, White Horse Road, and Simpsonville. One in Seneca and two in Spartanburg to also close.

Say hello to more Dunkin Donuts. Stores to open beginning next year with six new ones by 2016.

Edited by citylife

Say bye-bye to Jack in the Box on Congaree Road, Woodruff Road, Laurens Road, White Horse Road, and Simpsonville. One in Seneca and two in Spartanburg to also close.

Say hello to more Dunkin Donuts. Stores to open beginning next year with six new ones by 2016.

That stinks, because Jack in the Box was my favorite fast food (not that I eat it very often). What does that leave, the Pleasantburg Dr. location?

That stinks, because Jack in the Box was my favorite fast food (not that I eat it very often). What does that leave, the Pleasantburg Dr. location?

Cherrydale Point, Pleasantburg Drive at I-85, Pleasantburg Drive at East North Street, Pelham Road, Wade Hampton Blvd. and Easley.

Edited by citylife

You know why all those Jack in the Boxes are closing? Seems kinda strange...I don't think I've ever been to a Jack in the Box and there not be other people there. I try not to eat fast food tooooo often, but when I do it's usually Jack in the Box. I like that they have their full menu available all the time. (mmm, biscuits at night!)

The Peace Center is going to start showing movies DT. They've installed HD projection and digital sound in the Gunter Theatre; screening 3-5 films a month; everything from classics to brand new indie films; BEER and WINE ALLOWED IN THEATER; Tickets are going to be $9. They're kicking it off 10/30 with a triple feature: GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, and the brand-new GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST.

The Peace Center is going to start showing movies DT. They've installed HD projection and digital sound in the Gunter Theatre; screening 3-5 films a month; everything from classics to brand new indie films; BEER and WINE ALLOWED IN THEATER; Tickets are going to be $9. They're kicking it off 10/30 with a triple feature: GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, and the brand-new GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST.

Sounds excellent! And it would be awesome (even "wicked awesome" as they say up no'th in Bahstahn and Prov'dence) if they were to start showing the Met Opera Live in HD series, although Hollywood 20 probably has exclusive rights for the area. Do you know if the Peace Center is going to allow outside wine or only beverages sold in the lobby?

Holy smokes, a Cinema-n-Drafthouse in Greenville, SC! I never thought I'd live to see the day. OUTSTANDING!

Don't judge the concept the first night -- drinking beer and reading subtitles don't go together well.

...If you've never been to a COMEDY at one of these places, it's a fantastic experience. Let's just say that adult beverages, a willing crowd, and "Monty Python's Holy Grail" tends to be a more... festive experience... so to speak.

(Naw, don't you self-proclaimed film critics gimme grief about "cinema as art." Holy Grail is just an example. Right, then, we'll call it a draw!)

Holy smokes, a Cinema-n-Drafthouse in Greenville, SC! I never thought I'd live to see the day. OUTSTANDING!

Don't judge the concept the first night -- drinking beer and reading subtitles don't go together well.

...If you've never been to a COMEDY at one of these places, it's a fantastic experience. Let's just say that adult beverages, a willing crowd, and "Monty Python's Holy Grail" tends to be a more... festive experience... so to speak.

(Naw, don't you self-proclaimed film critics gimme grief about "cinema as art." Holy Grail is just an example. Right, then, we'll call it a draw!)

I'm fascinated to see how "festive" this could be at the Peace Center. I wouldn't expect a real drafthouse type experience. I hope it works, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not they will really back down from their stuffy attitude.

Love it! :thumbsup: I'll be there!

They are kicking off with a good series as well. Read two of the books. :thumbsup:

I'm fascinated to see how "festive" this could be at the Peace Center. I wouldn't expect a real drafthouse type experience. I hope it works, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not they will really back down from their stuffy attitude.

Oh, right you are StrangeCock, I got so excited about the idea that I forgot the venue. "Festive" may never apply here unless someone gets funky with the Mouton-Rothschild during a Fellini retrospective. Alas...

• 2 months later...

I see a flurry of activity at the former S&S Cafeteria on The Parkway between Wendy's and Michelin. (Or whatever that Cafeteria was called.) Does anyone know what's going in that building? I asked one of the workers, but he apparently didn't understand me, he just shrugged. Must be my accent....

To answer the question asked by that idiot "Birdbrain," I rolled past that former S&S cafeteria site yesterday, and it is now a Michellin office building. Very nice, too, they added a glass "dome" for lack of a better word, that mimics the top of the large Corporate building.

Still, I had hoped the site would be transformed into some amazing new dining experience to repeatedly detach me from my hard earned...

To answer the question asked by that idiot "Birdbrain," I rolled past that former S&S cafeteria site yesterday, and it is now a Michellin office building. Very nice, too, they added a glass "dome" for lack of a better word, that mimics the top of the large Corporate building.

Still, I had hoped the site would be transformed into some amazing new dining experience to repeatedly detach me from my hard earned...

It is a heath center for Michelin employees.

Cleveland, Ohio-based Perceptis, Inc. is planning to open a call center in downtown Greenville, adding 200 new jobs to the local/state economy.

Source: <NewHelpDeskSC>

“Perceptis sought out a competitive advantage in their next location and what they found in the Upstate of South Carolina is a pro-business trifecta: a top-ranked business climate, a world-class research environment and a superb quality of life,” said Hal Johnson, president and CEO of the Upstate SC Alliance.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing that it must be something else. Riverwalk WOULD HAVE encroached on the sidewalk if it had to comply with the DPC's suggestions/requirements of doors fronting Rhett Street at the ground level, but they appealed that decision at the last meeting (PLUS, it would have been on Rhett Street's sidewalk, not Camperdown). Other than that, their plans didn't indicate any such encroachment that I could see....

Could there be another new development coming to this rapidly evolving portion of the West End? It sure seems that way... But, who knows!? :dontknow:

From btoy:

According to scsos.com the registered agent for Crestview, Inc. is Teresa Rowe, I stuck her name in my contacts database and she came up as an employee at Hughes Investments. That is the same Hughes doing project at Camperdown and Rhett. They have filed to change name to Riverwalk Land, LLC.

Edited by citylife

From btoy:

According to scsos.com the registered agent for Crestview, Inc. is Teresa Rowe, I stuck her name in my contacts database and she came up as an employee at Hughes Investments. That is the same Hughes doing project at Camperdown and Rhett. They have filed to change name to Riverwalk Land, LLC.

Well, could this be for the "future building" on the site?

Well, could this be for the "future building" on the site?

That's what I was thinking it might be mainly due to the encroachment being done now and the document saying "office building" instead of "mixed-use." For anybody wondering who might not know, the site plan for RiverWalk on the DPC's agenda showed a future building at the intersection of River Street and Camperdown Way although no info about it was given.

Edited by citylife

• 1 month later...