New Greenville developments

gs3

Wednesday I noticed what appear to be three separate expansions/renovations occurring along Mills Avenue between Augusta Street and the mill. Two of the locations I remember are a dermatologist office and the Mehdi Building. It is consoling to see so many construction projects simultaneously underway in town these days.

Does anyone know what Tom Croft is specifically planning to do with his lots on Sherwood, across from the Rock Quary Garden? He's applying to the City's zoning board for some variances... Application The app says something about houses.

Then again, he's also proposed his Rhett Street tower, which understandably is on hold, but also has proposed those townhouses on McBee at McDaniel and there's yet to be anything happening on that site, except demolition... Maybe we shouldn't hold our breath. :huh:

Christmas Tree Shops to put store somewhere in the Greenville area: https://v2.projectix.com/ChristmasTreeShops/Jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*FA867DD63AEB30BF

Holy Crap....

I have one of those up the road from me in Somerville. Nothing more than a glorified Big Lots/Dollar General/etc. Ironically enough they're owned by Bed Bath and Beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

22 South Main

Anyone know what might be going into the building? The current fascade is lacking IMO, glad to see this change. The Laurens Street side will be much improved as well.

Glad to see another plan to renovate that building. The last plan a few years ago obviously failed to materialize. I'm also interested in learning about the primary commercial tenant(s).

Anything will be an improvement on BOTH sides of this building! I'm particularly excited for Laurens Street, as this building is pretty much the only one that exists as an eye sore on that street. The color choice will be interesting to find out, as there's already some very strong colors on that block (bright yellow and red). Take a queue from those? or become a background element?

• 3 weeks later...

Cancer Survivor Park to be built in downtown Greenville along the Reedy River now moving forward: http://www.gsabusine...edy-river?rss=0 <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emojis_1f44d' alt=':thumbsup:'> You can read more about the future park here: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2011/MAY/Formal/5-23-2011/Item15a.pdf

Edited by citylife

Cancer Survivor Park to be built in downtown Greenville along the Reedy River now moving forward: http://www.gsabusine...edy-river?rss=0 <ahttp://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/uploads/emojis_1f44d' alt=':thumbsup:'> You can read more about the future park here: http://www.greenvill...011/Item15a.pdf

Perfect opportunity to add access from Church St....

This is great to see moving forward! The link between Falls Park and Cleveland Park will no longer appear somewhat forgotten. I can only imagine how beautiful this area will be!

And, once again, Greenville continues to invest in its outdoor spaces, its sense of community, and quality of life! Bravo!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a nice article in the Greenville News on the City's efforts to develop the park up the Reedy River and the hopes for redevelopment that will come along with it. Bo Aughtry has apparently been looking downtown for a large residential project, and this has made him feel comfortable looking further west. Also, the wait list at McBee Station has over 70 people on it. Mayor White also mentions the number of inquiries and meetings that he has had with people who are interested in doing projects...

In the next few years, we may very well see our residential stock downtown rise. I know this has been on the City's agenda for the past few years. It's nice to see some effort and possibilities going on behind the scenes! Hopefully a project or two will be unveiled in the next year or so.

There's a nice article in the Greenville News on the City's efforts to develop the park up the Reedy River and the hopes for redevelopment that will come along with it. Bo Aughtry has apparently been looking downtown for a large residential project, and this has made him feel comfortable looking further west. Also, the wait list at McBee Station has over 70 people on it. Mayor White also mentions the number of inquiries and meetings that he has had with people who are interested in doing projects...

In the next few years, we may very well see our residential stock downtown rise. I know this has been on the City's agenda for the past few years. It's nice to see some effort and possibilities going on behind the scenes! Hopefully a project or two will be unveiled in the next year or so.