Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

10 minutes ago, t_money said:

but...  how will I be able to whine about the parking lot if I can't see it.

And how will I even know where to park!

Also, if they actually have a hotel called 'hotel loso' I will jump out a window of it. 

Judging by the orientation of the rendering, I'd call it Aloft LoSo, but hey that's my opinion, what do I know.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the Platform marketing brochure.

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/iubG-jZ3USxa9veghNzodLyC3qXUZmEtSUD20JKYzaM/document.pdf

Quick question where is the parking they speak of is that in front of the green space in front of the CATS LYNX facility?

I know everyone thinks everyone will walk, bike, or Uber to this place but I can assure you  all will not.   Will there be some on street parking in front on South Blvd?  

• Like 2

Here is the Platform marketing brochure.
https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/iubG-jZ3USxa9veghNzodLyC3qXUZmEtSUD20JKYzaM/document.pdf
Quick question where is the parking they speak of is that in front of the green space in front of the CATS LYNX facility?
I know everyone thinks everyone will walk, bike, or Uber to this place but I can assure you  all will not.   Will there be some on street parking in front on South Blvd?  

Nobody thinks that, they told me they are leasing spaces from neighbors but would not disclose which neighbors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nobody thinks that, they told me they are leasing spaces from neighbors but would not disclose which neighbors.

Okay I guess we will wait.  Don't get me wrong I think it is great project but heavy on the restaurants etc needs parking somewhere as it almost half way between 2 stops.  

• Like 1

Okay I guess we will wait.  Don't get me wrong I think it is great project but heavy on the restaurants etc needs parking somewhere as it almost half way between 2 stops.  

All the brokers I’ve talked to don’t think the economics work, and this will flop.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

All the brokers I’ve talked to don’t think the economics work, and this will flop.

I was thinking that but didn't want to say it.  Maybe a gravel lot on the Lidl temporarily. Maybe work out something with CATS LYNX on their spots out front in the evenings or only with valet parking. 

• Like 1

I was thinking that but didn't want to say it.  Maybe a gravel lot on the Lidl temporarily. Maybe work out something with CATS LYNX on their spots out front in the evenings or only with valet parking. 

There’s no signaled crossing, guess all visitors will need to practice frogger on their smart phone.

8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

[reflexive dissent here, apologies in advance...]

I don't know what will happen with this project. However we have seen with Bakersfield, Superica, Hawkers and Shake Shack (soon) that a lack of parking is not always an impediment to profitability. I would go further to argue that building parking when it is not necessary (as with the four examples above) is fiscally irresponsible since it comes at a considerable cost.

[but, I agree that this is a little far from Scaleybark station]

• Like 1

[reflexive dissent here, apologies in advance...]

I don't know what will happen with this project. However we have seen with Bakersfield, Superica, Hawkers and Shake Shack (soon) that a lack of parking is not always an impediment to profitability. I would go further to argue that building parking when it is not necessary (as with the four examples above) is fiscally irresponsible since it comes at a considerable cost.

[but, I agree that this is a little far from Scaleybark station]

They are targeting music venues though. Feel like that’s a different draw than superica, and a far less dense area. That said... it’ll be there in a few years, so these guys are just pioneering.

4 hours ago, kermit said:

Here are a couple of rail trail angles on The Platform. While I was taking theses there were a couple of old dudes (who did not look like they knew what they were doing) hanging a banner for The Platform on the rail trail side.

I must have just missed you. I saw those dudes as well while I was on a run. 

Side note: I took a walk through the future “LoSo Village” and work has started on one of those little brick buildings. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

something changed here maybe with the new Transit zoning I am seeing a much larger taller building and advertising up to 1 M sq ft of office space which was before 500K in total. Now they are advertising 1 M sq ft and this new building.   That building appears to be 20 stories and over 500K sq ft.   Interesting....

I like this proposal, but I somehow doubt it will happen. This land has been extremely slow to develop. The build out probably wouldn't be as tall.

• Like 1