Scaleybark Station Area Projects

kermit

Here is Beacon's flyer for the LoSo development aka Scaleybark station.  any word on possible tenants?  it is does look like Railyard in many ways but I think this is a great spot for office development.

https://beacondevelopment.com/assets/cms/downloads/buildingspacebrochures/LoSo-Station-Brochure_compressed.pdf

4 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

what is that El Hefe?  sounds Mexican mmmm and the KJ is planning a trip to the PHX in 2020. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Here is Beacon's flyer for the LoSo development aka Scaleybark station.  any word on possible tenants?  it is does look like Railyard in many ways but I think this is a great spot for office development.

https://beacondevelopment.com/assets/cms/downloads/buildingspacebrochures/LoSo-Station-Brochure_compressed.pdf

Did I miss that a light was going in at South and Hollis?  Looks like page 2 of the brochure has a new light in between the one at the Autozone and Hartford.  That'd really help slow things down in this area, as it becomes more TOD friendly

what is that El Hefe?  sounds Mexican mmmm and the KJ is planning a trip to the PHX in 2020. 

Haha not quite sure from the looks of it, maybe their Ink n Ivy?  I was there for Bottled Blonde which is the local Ohio State meetup bar :)

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Did I miss that a light was going in at South and Hollis?  Looks like page 2 of the brochure has a new light in between the one at the Autozone and Hartford.  That'd really help slow things down in this area, as it becomes more TOD friendly

Haha not quite sure from the looks of it, maybe their Ink n Ivy?  I was there for Bottled Blonde which is the local Ohio State meetup bar :)

El hefe is a similar type concept to bottled blonde and ink n ivy.  Halloween 2017 there was irresponsible for all the right and wrong reasons.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

If anything I'd guess that light would be at Tryclan, not Hollis.  I think they connect Tryclan from South to Dewitt and let that be an ingress/egress point for the project.  Doubt it would go over the Lynx tracks.

9 hours ago, XRZ.ME said:

Any information for the future retail redevelopment east of LoSo?

Northwestern owns that whole area after (I think.?) Crosland defaulted on a mortgage in '08-ish.  They have been demo-ing some of the houses/duplexes (for insurance/tax/property management reasons?) but I haven't heard any definite plans.

I think that site would have been better for office and the Beacon site better for retail from a connectivity standpoint.  More rooftops to the south and east down Scaleybark than the other side of South.

9 hours ago, XRZ.ME said:

Any information for the future retail redevelopment east of LoSo?

Between Clanton and Griffith is the Light Rail yard and  a CATs facility that hinders a lot of connectivity and development ability of that area.  The Lidl site is ripe for development, pending its no longer contaminated and Lidl has closed the door on that project.  Otherwise, I'd expect a mix of tear down and redevelopment and or repurposing of existing buildings along South Blvd.

Last I heard, LoSo repurpose redevelopment will include a BBQ restaurant in one bay.  Not sure if still in the plans, but there will be a boardwalk/pathway connecting the repurposed buildings.  But they could have scrapped that. 

13 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

That new light--I'm almost certain--indicates the city's intention to realign the west end of Hartford to connect directly to Clanton.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Haha...the entertainment district!  A mini-Vegas.  Great for day drinking but the crazies come out at night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LoSo news White Point Partners of Bowers Fiber building redux site is proposing even more there including a parking deck, possibly a hotel and more office space up to 135 according to rezoning and this Biz Journal article

""Charlotte firm White Point Partners, which specializes in adaptive-reuse projects, has filed a rezoning petition for its Bowers site, at 4025 Yancey Road, to allow up to 195,000 square feet of new construction, including retail, restaurant and office space — and possibly a hotel. A site plan filed with the petition indicates the new construction would include structured parking, mixed-use development and ground-floor retail space on land that today serves as surface parking for Bowers.  A spokeswoman for White Point said Monday the firm is evaluating the addition of further density to Bowers, which would likely include office and retail space as well as a parking deck. The firm is seeking flexibility to develop other uses like a hotel if there is demand for it, the spokeswoman said.  White Point Partners rezoned the 5.1-acre site — the longtime home of Bowers Fibers — at Yancey and Old Pineville roads in early 2017, beginning upfit work on the existing warehouses later that year. The project has since been fully leased to groups that include Artisanal Brewing Ventures, SentryOne, Chef Alyssa's Kitchen and Investor Management Services.""

subscriber article 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/06/24/rezoning-petition-calls-for-mixed-use-development.html

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:15 PM, KJHburg said:

Here is  more information about that proposed rezoning at Bowers Fiber in LoSo.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/170887/developer-plans-to-transform-brewers-at-4001-yancey-parking-lot-into-office-retail/

Rezoning site-plan for this is now published: http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2019/070-085/2019-077 site plan.PDF

image.thumb.png.e75859c2e6883945709195cb4a4b7349.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bigacito said:

My stepdaughter who works in one of those Bowers buildings says that they heard the rezoning was already killed...

I have not seen anything saying that. Can anyone confirm?

I had been scratching my head over that one. Where the hell would people park for 18+ months, and walking from Scaleybark station isn't very easy.

Edited by Guest