Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Drove through downtown on I-4 heading west to east today (something I almost never do) - and the construction from Radius, Orange and Robinson and Society, is wow. What a transformation it's going to be. So many cranes everywhere. Can't wait to see it all come together. 

• Like 3

Fern Creek and Colonial Starbucks: 

20200516_130727.thumb.jpg.814d63af74b7e495e34b29fbcbc6567f.jpg

20200516_130817.thumb.jpg.f5ab2762309864256ccee758d6c5566f.jpg

20200516_130813.thumb.jpg.325d1203d2ab3091c074db9ba1f57cec.jpg

20200516_130744.thumb.jpg.897787f46654916ac014ac0fb2aa81b1.jpg

Parking lot out back south of Colonial is HUGE with a long stacking lane for drive-thru orders and other parking, as well as a 3 foot or so wall around the whole lot in  architectural split-face masonry block with grey to match the building. 

20200516_130845.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made the mistake of doing a Target pick-up run right at 8am on a Monday morning at E. Colonial. I almost couldn’t get to the store from 50 because of the drivethru line for Starbucks. 

Backed up 15 deep to pay five bucks for a cup of coffee - thank god for Diet Dr Pepper!

23 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Fern Creek and Colonial Starbucks: 

Parking lot out back south of Colonial is HUGE with a long stacking lane for drive-thru orders and other parking, as well as a 3 foot or so wall around the whole lot in  architectural split-face masonry block with grey to match the building. 

20200516_130845.jpg

That sure is a bunch'a dag'gum parkin' lot there, dadburn it.  character0176.gif

The gray split-face block wall is cool, but it looks like maybe it could be longer.

I would imagine they'll put some trees in there too. 

Not sure if this is the right place - I’m sure I saw a rendering of the future Terry Ave extension south of 408 to Gore St with a provision for a roundabout on the current 408 access road area west of Griffin Park. Does anyone else have any recollection of this or know where to find? I’m sure I’ve seen it here or on a staff report. Or maybe I’m just going crazy!

Edited by Jerry95

13 hours ago, Jerry95 said:

Not sure if this is the right place - I’m sure I saw a rendering of the future Terry Ave extension south of 408 to Gore St with a provision for a roundabout on the current 408 access road area west of Griffin Park. Does anyone else have any recollection of this or know where to find? I’m sure I’ve seen it here or on a staff report. Or maybe I’m just going crazy!

You can find it here in the presentation to MPB

https://www.orlando.gov/Our-Government/Records-and-Documents/Plans-Studies/Parramore-Comprehensive-Plan

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Is the annex section the east-facing low-rise building overlooking the patch of grass?

That was called the Park Building. I thought the residential was going in the 1959 building at Church and Orange. I am prepared, however, to be completely wrong.

39 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

That was called the Park Building. I thought the residential was going in the 1959 building at Church and Orange. I am prepared, however, to be completely wrong.

Correct.  Just over wahlburgers

• Thanks 1

It's the building  on the SW block, as Jernigan said, over Whalburgers.  Mentioned on another thread that they were convertning it to residential and bidding the fit-out recently. There will be a top floor amenities deck as well and a re-skin/new facade. I don't remember which thread though. 

2 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

It's the building  on the SW block, as Jernigan said, over Whalburgers.  Mentioned on another thread that they were convertning it to residential and bidding the fit-out recently. There will be a top floor amenities deck as well and a re-skin/new facade. I don't remember which thread though. 

What type of facade finishes - any renders?

Yeah, they had a couple of options.   They had a couple  in OBJ. Lincoln Property Company 200 SOAB was the RFP. I saw renderings with windows added to the north side of the building, penthouse amenity deck, and they also proposed to "re-skin" the building with a couple of material options. Also at one time said they were adding a Times-Square like video board to the facade over Wahlburgers location. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/03/15/downtown-orlando-building-may-sport-times-square.html
https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/05/26/florida-downtown-office-to-become-apartments.html

Might be updated renders on that last one, but I don't have access at home. 

Here was the old LPC site with original rendering, but they updated it with a more modern look for the re-skin RFP: http://www.lpcsoutheast.com/properties/downtown-orlandos-main-main-office-space-for-lease/

• Thanks 1

Just basing this solely on outward appearance and physical location, it seems to me this building....

suntrustparkbldg.jpg

....is much more suited for transformation into residential than the old original Sun Bank bldg.

Those open cubbyholes could be easily converted into balconies, plus it's set farther back off of busy Orange Ave while overlooking a shady green space with a fountain. 

Much nicer setting to live in, I would think.

I guess the building is just too much smaller than the other one, so not as much money to be made.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

Just basing this solely on outward appearance and physical location, it seems to me this building....

e957424d81ad737e334119873bed58ebefe926f8

....is much more suited for transformation into residential than the old original Sun Bank bldg.

Those open cubbyholes could be easily converted into balconies, plus it's set farther back off of busy Orange Ave while overlooking a shady green space with a fountain. 

Much nicer setting to live in, I would think.

I guess the building is just too much smaller than the other one, so not as much money to be made.

Could you imagine ground floor restaurants there with outdoor seating? 

• Like 1