The Bad News Report

tozmervo

I laugh at the argument "they are being hypocritical because X country doesn't support human rights" ... The bottom line is that HB2 hasn't done one positive thing for this state since it was signed. Nothing but lost revenue from events and job announcements being cancelled on top of the fact it's just embarrassing that we have politicians that think they are doing the right thing. The more boycotts the better. It's going to reach the breaking point. Hopefully soon. 

59 minutes ago, HopHead said:

I laugh at the argument "they are being hypocritical because X country doesn't support human rights" ... The bottom line is that HB2 hasn't done one positive thing for this state since it was signed. Nothing but lost revenue from events and job announcements being cancelled on top of the fact it's just embarrassing that we have politicians that think they are doing the right thing. The more boycotts the better. It's going to reach the breaking point. Hopefully soon. 

And I laugh at the inability to comprehend the the hypocrisy of a music group not performing because of the HB2 yet perform in countries where there are next to no human rights. Human rights are human rights. One can't pick and choose which ones are better than others. That would show insincerity and ignorance. Perhaps you didn't comprehend my point that I believe was clear. It was focused primarily on the bands that have cancelled yet will perform in much worse places under the premise of human rights.

Edited by caterpillar2

You can mention hypocrisy until you're blue in the face... Even to the majority of GOP officials in other states who are trying to get our jobs, or the governor Georgia who claims GA is a welcoming state.

You can call hypocrisy until your blue in the face to nearly every single large employer, it is what it is. The economic backlash is real. And the state, as admitted by NC HB2 politicians, is facing real economic harm and a tarnished reputation. Even the reverend architect of the bill said he is saddened the way NC's reputation is being squashed (because hypocrisy, misrepresentation, etc.) 

Nikki Haley said she see's no need for a similar bill because there have been no issues in SC with those issues.

So keep calling hypocrisy while you let your state suffer shame, lose jobs, lose out on future jobs. At least it will make you feel better about an issue (cross dressers raping women in bathrooms) that is extremely, extremely rare. (Nearly 80% of rapes happened between a victim and someone they know. In youth, around 20% of the rapist are parents.)

So while you're at it, Catepillar, you should ban women from going grocery shopping. Women getting raped in parking lots are thousands of times more common than cross dressers in a bathroom. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

And I laugh at the inability to comprehend the the hypocrisy of a music group not performing because of the HB2 yet perform in countries where there are next to no human rights. Human rights are human rights. One can't pick and choose which ones are better than others. That would show insincerity and ignorance. Perhaps you didn't comprehend my point that I believe was clear. It was focused primarily on the bands that have cancelled yet will perform in much worse places under the premise of human rights.

I can't speak to Ringo Starr, but Pearl Jam, who just canceled their show in Raleigh for tomorrow, has never played in Russia.. I'd be willing to bet they haven't played in a lot of places where human rights are next to non-existent. Every artist is different in how they protest this sort of thing and it's their right to do so. What's worse about the situation in NC versus other countries is that it's stepping backwards with its law. If you don't like an artist for standing up to against something, then don't buy their albums or concert tickets. Then again pretty soon you'll have to go buy concert tickets in another state to see anyone at this rate.

1 minute ago, HopHead said:

I can't speak to Ringo Starr, but Pearl Jam, who just canceled their show in Raleigh for tomorrow, has never played in Russia.. I'd be willing to bet they haven't played in a lot of places where human rights are next to non-existent. Every artist is different in how they protest this sort of thing and it's their right to do so. What's worse about the situation in NC versus other countries is that it's stepping backwards with its law. If you don't like an artist for standing up to against something, then don't buy their albums or concert tickets. Then again pretty soon you'll have to go buy concert tickets in another state to see anyone at this rate.

I'm making a point, not saying that I will give up concerts, etc. It doesn't make that much difference to me either way. I'm fine with the facilities as they are. And, I still think this thread should be part of Charlotte Coffee House. With this, I withdraw from further comments or opinions. All the best.

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

You can mention hypocrisy until you're blue in the face... Even to the majority of GOP officials in other states who are trying to get our jobs, or the governor Georgia who claims GA is a welcoming state.

You can call hypocrisy until your blue in the face to nearly every single large employer, it is what it is. The economic backlash is real. And the state, as admitted by NC HB2 politicians, is facing real economic harm and a tarnished reputation. Even the reverend architect of the bill said he is saddened the way NC's reputation is being squashed (because hypocrisy, misrepresentation, etc.) 

Nikki Haley said she see's no need for a similar bill because there have been no issues in SC with those issues.

So keep calling hypocrisy while you let your state suffer shame, lose jobs, lose out on future jobs. At least it will make you feel better about an issue (cross dressers raping women in bathrooms) that is extremely, extremely rare. (Nearly 80% of rapes happened between a victim and someone they know. In youth, around 20% of the rapist are parents.)

So while you're at it, Catepillar, you should ban women from going grocery shopping. Women getting raped in parking lots are thousands of times more common than cross dressers in a bathroom. 

I have to admit, it scares the hell out of me to think that people like you could someday be in important leadership positions. Better hope you make it before Sharia Law takes over and if the left gets in office, we'll see more and more. Remember, these people kill LGBTs. By the way, have you ever consider how the Muslims in the area are going to handle their a Muslim man's wife wearing her hijab or berka with her daughter walk into a restroom and the LGBT guy walks into the next booth? I can imagine violence. I am not looking for a fight, but that could be a real issue in the future. I would like to hear someone respond in a civil response to convince me that it won't be an issue.

So, AirNostrumMad, even mentioning shopping or rape is irrelevant with anything I have posted. Where did that even come from? I love women. I have been married four times. One from Sweden, one from Japan, one from England, and my present one, a Yankee. You and some friends seem to make up your own hateful, non-compromising agenda. I don't really care about HB2 as job discrimination isn't a big problem in reality. I just think that the bathroom thing is a unimaginable, but if it makes special groups happy,  it will likely be the thing in the future. But, remember, you are a minority and it isn't what most people desire. Just because someone believes that the bathroom issue is a bit ridiculous doesn't make them a Republican, Bigoted, Christion or other adjectives I have seen meant to be insulting. We all have a right to an opinion, not just you.  I don't really give a flip either way about HB2. I wouldn't get up and vote for it. I did vote for gay marriages which may be a surprise.  

I agree with Nikki Haley in your comment above, if there are no issues (as she says about S.C.), why does the  joke of a mayor of Charlotte have to screw things up that are going well.  I have traveled 50 countries and lived in three continents. I have never come across bathroom issues or seen LGBTs that were noticeable, so why has Roberts made us "suffer in shame?"  I do thing that using that as a description is laughable.  Have a joyous day and pee freely.

9 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I have to admit, it scares the hell out of me to think that people like you could someday be in important leadership positions. Better hope you make it before Sharia Law takes over and if the left gets in office, we'll see more and more. Remember, these people kill LGBTs. By the way, have you ever consider how the Muslims in the area are going to handle their a Muslim man's wife wearing her hijab or berka with her daughter walk into a restroom and the LGBT guy walks into the next booth? I can imagine violence. I am not looking for a fight, but that could be a real issue in the future. I would like to hear someone respond in a civil response to convince me that it won't be an issue.

So, AirNostrumMad, even mentioning shopping or rape is irrelevant with anything I have posted. Where did that even come from? I love women. I have been married four times. One from Sweden, one from Japan, one from England, and my present one, a Yankee. You and some friends seem to make up your own hateful, non-compromising agenda. I don't really care about HB2 as job discrimination isn't a big problem in reality. I just think that the bathroom thing is a unimaginable, but if it makes special groups happy,  it will likely be the thing in the future. But, remember, you are a minority and it isn't what most people desire. Just because someone believes that the bathroom issue is a bit ridiculous doesn't make them a Republican, Bigoted, Christion or other adjectives I have seen meant to be insulting. We all have a right to an opinion, not just you.  I don't really give a flip either way about HB2. I wouldn't get up and vote for it. I did vote for gay marriages which may be a surprise.  

I agree with Nikki Haley in your comment above, if there are no issues (as she says about S.C.), why does the  joke of a mayor of Charlotte have to screw things up that are going well.  I have traveled 50 countries and lived in three continents. I have never come across bathroom issues or seen LGBTs that were noticeable, so why has Roberts made us "suffer in shame?"  I do thing that using that as a description is laughable.  Have a joyous day and pee freely.

Wow.  You should have quit when you said you were going to.  Sharia Law LOL

18 minutes ago, Piedmont767 said:

How the hell did we go from LGBT Rights to Sharia law?!!!! 

I'm sorry caterpillar2 you are just being rude and disrespectful now.

His private messages aren't any better, and further show how dense he chooses to be.  

Anywho, it's sad to how much this bill is effecting us economically, it'll boost turnout come November though and get the Grande ole Party outta office.  They have shown nothing but disdain towards the city and progressives for years now, and I can't wait to see them leave.  I also can't wait to see Pat come through Charlotte to campaign.

In other news I don't know if this is good or bad news:

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article72562772.html

There are a bunch of mega subdivisions already approved that this won't affect, so I doubt this makes a difference in growth for the rest of the year.  

Just that Sharia is the trend in the western countries and that when it reaches this area, LGBT lives will not matter. Just looking into the future. It is the same as those that automatically mix republicans and Christians into the HB2 mix. Nobody is alone with their ideologies. That being said, it is Tuesday. I am gong take a shower, have a couple on the deck listening to music, head to a pub or two and get really, really buzzy and pee wherever I wish. Can't wait to use the ladies. LOL!

CAT,

You might as well just stop wasting your time. Talking to a liberal is like talking to a wall. Everyone here is liberal and will just bully you like what is happening with this HB2 billed. NC is getting bullied...it's what liberals do. This thread proves it.

Anyone with a different opinion gets there posts deleted. Just face it...this is the future of our country, nothing but wimps running around.

4 hours ago, HopHead said:

I can't make the stupid box above ago away...

Please note that the response below is for RaleighHeelsfan.

The ones that are scared for "their women" to be in the adjacent stall to someone who was born a man are the wimpy ones dude. 

Also, I am NOT a liberal. I'm a libertarian and a humanist. 

Talking to people that make silly statements like "You might as well just stop wasting your time. Talking to a liberal is like talking to a wall." is like talking to a wall. 

Edited by Guest

No...I just worry about my daughter in the women's bathroom...

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

The ones that are scared for "their women" to be in the adjacent stall to someone who was born a man are the wimpy ones dude. 

Talking to people that make silly statements like "You might as well just stop wasting your time. Talking to a liberal is like talking to a wall." is like talking to a wall. 

6 hours ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Even if it was hypocritical, it's their right. What major corporations have came out for the HB2 bill? Any chambers of commerce? Any universities? Anyone other than Billy Graham?

Please show me where Billy Graham came out in support of HB2? Please don't disappoint me be saying you meant Franklin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

No...I just worry about my daughter in the women's bathroom...

NYC, we have lots of completely unisex bathrooms, after some research, cannot find any that have had sexual assault problems.

20 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

NYC, we have lots of completely unisex bathrooms, after some research, cannot find any that have had sexual assault problems.

I was in NYC 10 days ago. I went out quite a bit. Every restaurant or bar that I visited had men's and women's restrooms except small bars that had one bathroom for all sexes but only big enough for a urinal and stall. Where are the unisex bathrooms specifically? I didn't see any that I noticed.

2 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I was in NYC 10 days ago. I went out quite a bit. Every restaurant or bar that I visited had men's and women's restrooms except small bars that had one bathroom for all sexes but only big enough for a urinal and stall. Where are the unisex bathrooms specifically? I didn't see any that I noticed.

Standard Hotel on the highline, the Smith, WD50, are the first few that comes to mind. But there are dozens, that I've frequented, that have public wash rooms with unisex stalls. They do make the stalls more private, mind you, with dry wall and doors, but they are still unisex bathrooms. 

Edited by Guest

It would seem to me these religious freedom bills and denying LGBT rights because of religion is pretty much equivalent to Sharia Law, lol. If anything, HB2 is a slippery slope to Sharia Law. Sharia Law is the extreme version of these HB2 and religious freedom bill and that's exactly why we companies and people from all over the country are so against this slide towards theocratic form of Sharia Law.

Still lol-ing at the logic. But I promise, I'm done. This is UP and its known for substantive, generally economic and development discussions. But the fact that people claim a Repealing a law based on religion will lead to Sharia Law is such gold, it's hard as heck not to mention it.

(To answer your question about what does rape have to do with HB2. Hello.... That's the entire scare tactic; Women and children will be raped by the thousands..... That's the faux, pseudo-reasoning for HB2; preventing rape. But in reality, there has been no such incidents that SAFE Alliance (group that helps rape victims) and many police departments with similar ordinances have passed that can recall any rape or sexual assault linked to these assaults. While there is a huge link between Transexuals being assaulted, beaten and raped in bathrooms of their biological sex..... If you want, I can PM you the multiple sources from a university research paper I'm writing on the issue, if you like.)

52 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Standard Hotel on the highline, the Smith, WD50, are the first few that comes to mind. But there are dozens, that I've frequented, that have public wash rooms with unisex stalls. They do make the stalls more private, mind you, with dry wall and doors, but they are still unisex bathrooms. 

There are ways that this can be done and with the dry wall and doors, it seems doable in my opinion. Privacy is the issue. I don't think that urinals are an issue as I can't see a female or a 'new' female sitting on one to wee wee.

13 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

It would seem to me these religious freedom bills and denying LGBT rights because of religion is pretty much equivalent to Sharia Law, lol. If anything, HB2 is a slippery slope to Sharia Law. Sharia Law is the extreme version of these HB2 and religious freedom bill and that's exactly why we companies and people from all over the country are so against this slide towards theocratic form of Sharia Law.

You don't have a clue. Sharia law stones, chops off heads, and hangs people for the most minor infraction. A woman would never be allowed to enter a restroom where a man is present unless it is her husband. To do so would justify death in their reasoning. To say that HB2 is an extreme version of Sharia Law is nothing but pure stupid. You should visit the middle east or north west Asia and see how it works. Or, go to parts of England or France.

13 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Still lol-ing at the logic. But I promise, I'm done. This is UP and its known for substantive, generally economic and development discussions. But the fact that people claim a Repealing a law based on religion will lead to Sharia Law is such gold, it's hard as heck not to mention it.

(To answer your question about what does rape have to do with HB2. Hello.... That's the entire scare tactic; Women and children will be raped by the thousands..... That's the faux, pseudo-reasoning for HB2; preventing rape. But in reality, there has been no such incidents that SAFE Alliance (group that helps rape victims) and many police departments with similar ordinances have passed that can recall any rape or sexual assault linked to these assaults. While there is a huge link between Transexuals being assaulted, beaten and raped in bathrooms of their biological sex..... If you want, I can PM you the multiple sources from a university research paper I'm writing on the issue, if you like.)

I have not heard a single religious person say anything about HB2 and I run into them regularly. I'm not defending them as I am not religious, but it looks like you are digging and finding nothing. I have not heard a word about rape, transsexuals being assaulted or anything you mention.  Regardless of all else, everyone is entitled to an opinion and only morons blame religion and republicans for all that is wrong. I am sorry that Ringo and others aren't coming, not because I won't see them, but because I no longer an one of their fans as they entertainers  playing the political games and like religion and politics, they should never be mixed.

1 hour ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

CAT,

You might as well just stop wasting your time. Talking to a liberal is like talking to a wall. Everyone here is liberal and will just bully you like what is happening with this HB2 billed. NC is getting bullied...it's what liberals do. This thread proves it.

Anyone with a different opinion gets there posts deleted. Just face it...this is the future of our country, nothing but wimps running around.

Yes, the liberals that bullied their way to freedom for the slaves, voting rights for women, equality based on religion and skin color...pesky liberals trying to bully bigots into giving them equality! 

North Carolina isn't getting bullied - the world is voting with their purse and you're just upset the world doesn't share an outdated point of view that actually extends the reach of government to allow more discrimination.

• Like 3