Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

Yea, it does have that hospital look, hopefully the retail and restaurant signage should give it enough color to avoid this problem. A hospital in the rain forest... interesting thought. Somebody has to take care of the poachers.

Yeah it does look like that... kind of an oasis though, don't you think haha

Yea, it does have that hospital look, hopefully the retail and restaurant signage should give it enough color to avoid this problem. A hospital in the rain forest... interesting thought. Somebody has to take care of the poachers.

Anyone catch the doves in the lower left corner of the rendering? That made me laugh out loud. That's a first in any office I've worked in.

All in all though, I think this project is an incredible upgrade, I'm excited to see it's completion. Having these type of amenities so close to Uptown will also increase demand for the Uptown residential market.

Edited by cooperdawg

Anyone catch the doves in the lower left corner of the rendering? That made me laugh out loud. That's a first in any office I've worked in.

Haha, I didn't even notice that. Even though I was expecting it, it still made me laugh because it's as if they thought, "hey, let's put some doves in here to make it look even BETTER!!" "And oh, let's put a happy little tree over here." Maybe they should've hired somebody other than Bob Ross to make this for them.

Of course they do, any food chain should, we're the fattest city in the second most obese country in the world (that's right, Australia actually passed the US.)

where do you get your info from? the last list i saw - charlotte was way, way down. i do not remotely buy this one.

where do you get your info from? the last list i saw - charlotte was way, way down. i do not remotely buy this one.

sorry to get off topic. And yes, I wasn't pulling this from any specific source. We are not the fattest city but I do know we are on the list according to that link you posted, which is not a good thing. I wasn't going for fact, I was going for a comparison of our appetites. We dropped from the fittest to the fattest category in just one year. That was my point.

The Australia part is true as I read it in the paper while living there two years ago. Whether or not that is still the case is irrelevant to this topic.

i do think a health conscious choice would be a nice addition. afterall it will be on the sugar creek greenway.

I agree though, I think that the health conscious side of the restaurant industry would be good for the area.

there are are new renderings on the website, I am trying to get em with my mac grab software but they are scrolling too fast

these new gound level renderings are nice. i really like the design of this place compared to the old design that was brick with a teal-green roof. that style is a little tired to me and more suited for south charlotte. the new design uses alot of steel and glass... you can see all the urbaness reflecting off.

I think it will feel a lot like more like Gateway Village than Birkdale or Philipps place. The architecture is more modern, more urban, and the buildings are more similar to Gateway in mass. The skybridge also reminds me a little of Gateway.

I like it. I hope it uses solid materials and varies the design a bit with each section they build. But for the most part, I like it quite a bit.