Metropolitan, Midtown Redevelopment

uptownliving

3 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

I noticed Lost World Brewing signage is up at the Metropolitan. This should be a good foot traffic generator when it opens. Will this be the only brewery in Charlotte off a greenway (excluding the Rail Trail)? 

Probably now that Blue Blaze is closed. Unless you count Old Meck in Ballantyne coming soon.

No but I will give it a guess given what I was told.   Pinkish purple ground floor retail.  Grey levels parking.  Yellow is residential or hotel rooms but the hotel is probably the shorter building fronting the park.    Some for sale condos in the mix.  

• Thanks 1

Peter Pappas, company founder and CEO, said if the rezoning is approved next month Pappas will begin a deeper assessment of the housing market in midtown. He said it is still too soon to determine a definitive construction timeline.

"We'll take a deeper dive into the submarket and further refine our residential offering. From that point, once we’re comfortable, we’ll start some drawings," he said. "With the addition of (Atrium's) innovation district, that area is going to change. We think there is an opportunity to serve different areas of the housing market, perhaps even with some for-sale housing."

From CBJ

19 minutes ago, AltNative said:

why is the 276' tall building glowing red

In the zoning meeting they said the glowing would be for-sale condos and the lighter yellow would be apartments. It sounds like that's still up in the air though based on other posts.

• Thanks 1

The Kings Square, which is the shopping center across from the Metropolitan, is up for sale. This shopping center is also next to the lot where Baxter Place would go. I wonder if the new owners would keep the shopping center, or pursue a complete redevelopment. Arby’s and a Bank of America are also on this block, but I’m not sure if they would sell their parcels. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Third Strike said:

Couldn’t take a pic, but there’s a sign on the Metropolitan building saying Burlington is coming soon. Guessing they’re taking the old Staples location. 

Didn’t there used to be a Burlington at that same location back in the day?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...