Misc. Uptown Projects/News

atlrvr

Post only miscellaneous topics here  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Please verify that no applicable topic thread exists before you post.

• Ok
    • No, I don't know how to internet.

3 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

I hope they do a rather good job of handiling the retail and denying nail salons and dry cleaners, We have plenty of them.

Salons and Dry cleaners aren't going to go be able to afford these spaces.

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

Wow, can Asana do mall / credit tenants?  I had always thought they were about  relatively small scale stuff.

They are flush with capital. They have purchased half of Deep Ellum, a good chunk of Olde Towne Alexandria Retail this year. They are going from 0-60 in .02 sec. They are a year or two from being a juggernaut. 

I'm not sure office towers should count towards density unless they have really significant lower level retail?  I personally could care less about them otherwise in any case.

All of those have significant .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^Legacy Union, DEC2, Tryon Place, Lennar, Graham/MLK, Fed Courthouse,  Grand Bohemian, Homewood Suites, DFA, Railyard, Design Center, CRRA

Around 400: Tryon Place, Market42, Intercontinental, one unannounced.
Around 300: I’d imagine Tryon Place Hotel falls here
Around 200: 550 Stonewall, Bohemian, Fed Courthouse, 10 Tryon, one unannounced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, looking at DRP's website, most of their highrise residential buildings are condos, so if this is mixed use and has residential it could be our first highrise condo building in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

What is this for again?

It's been rumored for a while that a highrise building was planned for the lot on the corner of Graham and MLK Blvd (aka 401 S Graham Street).   Dominion Realty Partners (DRP) is a real estate development company out of Raleigh that is promoting this site for development.