Bearden Park in Third Ward, Uptown Charlotte

dubone

Just drove by this, it's really coming together nicely.  Might have a little scrambling to do before this weekend, but otherwise the park looks great!

Just curious, after sod is put down, is there a certain amount of time it needs to settle before being used?  Will people being on it this weekend be an issue if it's being laid today?

I'm wondering about that stage-shaped section in Big Moon Green. Will that be a permanent elevated stage that they have some more work to do on? I just don't remember it in any site plans/renderings. 

It was in this rendering... Unfortunately I can no longer find the larger version...

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/ParkandRec/Parks/ParksByRegion/CentralRegion/PublishingImages/romare_B_PK_opt.jpg

I think it will be a permanent stage that has more work to be done on it.

It was in this rendering... Unfortunately I can no longer find the larger version...

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/ParkandRec/Parks/ParksByRegion/CentralRegion/PublishingImages/romare_B_PK_opt.jpg

I think it will be a permanent stage that has more work to be done on it.

Very cool. It wasn't in the original plan but I think its a fantastic addition and a good anchor for that more open side of the park. In fact I think all the changes between that plan and the end result, aside from maybe cutting some pavers out of the outer sidewalk areas, were good moves.