Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

9 minutes ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

From Crescent Communities Tweeter account.

2016-10-16_083533_zps8ylraipz.png

So to further expand on this. They will be starting total site clearing and grading next week. Then they will begin the MASSIVE utility relocation work effort (unfortunately major utility lines run right through this site and all have to moved/realigned) in January. Actual construction (footers and vertical construction) should occur late 2017. Lastly, they are targeting Q2 2019 completion. 

Edited by Jayvee

23 hours ago, Jayvee said:

So to further expand on this. They will be starting total site clearing and grading next week. Then they will begin the MASSIVE utility relocation work effort (unfortunately major utility lines run right through this site and all have to moved/realigned) in January. Actual construction (footers and vertical construction) should occur late 2017. Lastly, they are targeting Q2 2019 completion. 

Bump

37 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I just want to be clear. Are they going to start building the tower, or just clearing the land?

In other words. Directly after they clear this, it will go vertical?

No. got about a year before it goes vertical (guess). There is a crap ton of site work to do first 

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Have any permits been issued for the actual construction? Just comparing webpermit activity here and at the C/O site there seems to be nothing going on other than the demo permits. 

You are correct. Just demo. Chill guys. It'll be a while yet before tower and full on Tryon Place project construction begins lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

I don't think so, as RDF21 and others have mentioned it's a spec project by a property developer with no prior skyscraper experience (as far as I know) and that likes to get their ducks in order, so it was going to take time for the project to get underway. 

Actually they developed Phipps Tower in Atlanta & Potomac Yards in DC. So they definitely have experience doing it. This project just has more working parts because it is mixed use.

36 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually they developed Phipps Tower in Atlanta & Potomac Yards in DC. So they definitely have experience doing it. This project just has more working parts because it is mixed use.

Phipps Tower is splendid. IMHO it would be just perfect for Tryon Place.  Since I am no commercial real estate expert, do developers ever replicate the same tower to spec in different cities to save money?

phipps-tower-atlanta.jpg

Edited by ChessieCat

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

Phipps Tower is splendid. Since I am no commercial real estate expert, do developers ever replicated the same tower to spec for different cities?

phipps-tower-atlanta.jpg

Not that I know of. Skyhouse is the only outfit I know of, but they are strictly apartments.

1 minute ago, J-Rob said:

Phipps Tower is nice, but I believe it is only 20 floors.  I am still hoping for something closer to the original plan.  I also like the Tryon Place original renderings more than Phipps Tower.  It is a bit more unique in my opinion, and the overall plan (if not just the tower) would add some variety to uptown.

Tryon Place has made its debut on SiteIndex, with the old renderings and stated at 27 floors. So I wouldn't doubt it if we didn't get the 36 floors we were promised :-(