Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Phipps Tower is splendid. IMHO it would be just perfect for Tryon Place.  Since I am no commercial real estate expert, do developers ever replicate the same tower to spec in different cities to save money?

phipps-tower-atlanta.jpg

:) Prior to Tryon Place being public I had a friend who shared their renderings and this was partially my initial description of the building.  Coming full circle now haha

• Like 1

Tall buildings are great and all, but even at 27 stories, this thing will be tall.  Also, to me it would have been weird to have this, Observer tower and DEC all above 600' tall. This gives a good balance.  Also, this is still a pretty transformative project. 

I'll be disappointed if this thing gets built at 27 storeys. 

EDIT- Height, of course, is nice but it'll still be quite tall right? Duke and the CO building have/will have good height for South Uptown. As my theatre class teacher always said "Levels and varied height is always crucial."

Plus I guess ground-floor experience and the fact a skyscraper is being built where a car body shop was is so much better. 

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 1

Tryon Place has been consistently marketed at 715,000 and around 27 stories so I would not expect more especially with the Lincoln Harris tower on the horizon. Even if LH  tower is heavily preleased it will still have spec space thus more competition. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Tryon Place has been consistently marketed at 715,000 and around 27 stories so I would not expect more especially with the Lincoln Harris tower on the horizon. Even if LH  tower is heavily preleased it will still have spec space thus more competition. 

Wells may need all the floors at the LH Tower given their problems in California.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

RDF21 first mentioned it in Observer thread.  Doesn't get any more insider than that

HAHA, its just speculation. Putting 2 and 2 together. Though the big gold pyramid on top doesn't exactly scream Wells Fargo to me. The Stateliness of the building DEFINITELY screams large financial institution, vs Tryon Place which screams "Tech Firm" "Creative Firm" "Hedge Fund" or "Real Estate Firm" to me.

I am so freaking excited about this project. I didn't realize how the old Observer building seemed to take away from the area until now that it's gone. Oddly, driving down Church, with the barriers and the view of BOA to the right and the Westin and company to the left, everything feels bigger. Especially at night... or is it just me?

• Like 1

According to this article, JLL (who is in leasing tryon place on behalf of crescent) is considering relocated it's own offices to the building. Considering they currently occupy a 230,000 sq ft building in south park This would be a pretty substantial portion of the tower, correct? Can anyone speculate on this or has anyone heard anything about it?

Here's a link to the bizjournals article about it.

2 hours ago, Nick2 said:

According to this article, JLL (who is in leasing tryon place on behalf of crescent) is considering relocated it's own offices to the building. Considering they currently occupy a 230,000 sq ft building in south park This would be a pretty substantial portion of the tower, correct? Can anyone speculate on this or has anyone heard anything about it?

Here's a link to the bizjournals article about it.

We covered that previously. That's a really poorly worded article. They occupy a small part of a 230,000 sq foot building. Only 29,120 sq feet. 

Not an update on Tryon Place but would this not be cool for Charlotte on our next high rise. Something like the glass slide at US Bank Tower in Los Angeles which of course is mainly an observation deck with restaurants above it. On the 70th floor of the 1000 foot tower. We need a great observation deck in Charlotte and a slide like this could add a tourism feature not found on the east coast! 

DSCN6985.JPG

DSCN7023.JPG

DSCN6991.JPG

• Haha 1

Our mountains are not so close but views would still be awesome none the less. I did some digging and when this project was put on hold in permitting last October it was officially being permitted at the 36 floor height. Lets hope that is how it resurfaces when they begin the process again! 

• Like 1

To be honest, I doubt that this will rise without a tenant

See Good News and Ballantyne threads for further discussion.  I am not sure anyone expected Wells to be a tenant for Tryon Place anyway, but as mentioned elsewhere leasing space today doesn't preclude leasing space in several years when Tryon Place is ready.

Edited by J-Rob

23 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

See Good News and Ballantyne threads for further discussion.  I am not sure anyone expected Wells to be a tenant for Tryon Place anyway, but as mentioned elsewhere leasing space today doesn't preclude leasing space in several years when Tryon Place is ready.

Tryon Place doesn't look like a bank tower. Unlike Lincoln Harris, which SCREAMS bank tower.

I can't wait to see renderings of the LH tower.  It will be exciting for the city.  RDF, do you have any idea when renderings might be made public?  I know you would share if you could, so just asking for a guesstimate.  I don't think anyone thought Wells would be an anchor tenant for Tryon Place.  Anyone Uptown might use it for a little extra space if need be, but I don't think anyone really anticipated a bank becoming an anchor for Tryon Place.  I do hope they land an anchor sooner than later though.  Maybe Wild Wing Cafe will grow exponentially and need a tower home, lol ;)http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/01/charleston-restaurant-chain-moves-hq-to-charlotte.html 

• Like 1