>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

Seven Stars is indeed open. I drove by there on my way to work and stopped in for a delicious almond croissant and cup of coffee.

It's a little too out of my way and a little too expensive ($5 for the above-mentioned items) to become part of my daily routine but I'll certainly be going often.

I also have to try and remember to go to Palmieri's. They're more on my way to work but I still haven't stopped by.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its definitely not related to the carriage house - two seperate owners.

The building permit just said selective demolition, but they are doing some pretty major work - opening up some new window and door locations, cutting up the concrete floor to run utilities.

It will be interesting to see what is up...

I also noticed on my walk that Phoenix Dragon Restaurant is evidently out of business - the sign was painted over, the windows had plywood over them and they were doing work inside (not sure if they were removing stuff from the old restaurant or remodeling for a new use). Any ideas?

I went by there today on the way to Seven Stars, which by the way, is quite lovely inside. The hardwood floors and marble countertops almost made up for the $6.75 that I spent to buy a loaf of multigrain bread (delicious but expensive - won't be doing that too often).

From what I saw, it looks like they've reoriented the building entrance to face Broadway (the gable shaped parapet will probably be used for signage) with the vacant lot along Broadway serving as parking. Based on the reorientation and parking, my guess is it's going to be a commercial strip center. Perhaps a washateria? Or perhaps Liam's coveted Mega Dong Hutt?

• 2 weeks later...
and I am getting increasingly worried about what is happening on that corner of Vinton and Broadway. Has anyone heard what is going on there? I can't believe that it would be legal to park cars in that lot, but I do not know what the zoning is there.

I left a message with Jason Martin at the Historic District Commission and received a voice mail from him today. The building on Vinton is outside of the historic district and will not be reviewed by the HDC. It will become an office building. The corner lot is in the district and will be used as parking unfortunately. It's subject to HDC review but . . . :dontknow:

Oh man, thats just terrible. A friend of mine had been looking at this building a year or two ago with the thought of turning it into a house. I had been so hoping that whatever happened to it would result in some nice new storefronts being built along broadway. Lame.

Do you know what was there before that required the cleanup?

Regarding that lot - I knew someone who had also toyed around with the idea of building a rowhouse there but I don't think they ever got past the talking stage. In light of this upcoming parking lot, it's really ashamed none of these projects materialized but brownfield development is a tricky business . . .

Do you know what was there before that required the cleanup?

Regarding that lot - I knew someone who had also toyed around with the idea of building a rowhouse there but I don't think they ever got past the talking stage. In light of this upcoming parking lot, it's really ashamed none of these projects materialized but brownfield development is a tricky business . . .

Archived