>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently there is a new bar that has recently, quietly opened where Sandy's was (on 289 Knight near Carpenter). I went by today, and while it is obvious there is new work on the front of the building, there is no sign.

My hair guy told me about it last night - a couple of his friends opened it, and he told me it was packed this weekend. I'll have to try to check it out on some evening when I can ditch the offspring.

Good timing for them, I guess, with the Decatur closing.

K.

Apparently there is a new bar that has recently, quietly opened where Sandy's was (on 289 Knight near Carpenter). I went by today, and while it is obvious there is new work on the front of the building, there is no sign.

My hair guy told me about it last night - a couple of his friends opened it, and he told me it was packed this weekend. I'll have to try to check it out on some evening when I can ditch the offspring.

Good timing for them, I guess, with the Decatur closing.

K.

Also, the bistro on Westminster is scheduled to open on May 2. The menu has 4 salads, 6 appetizers and 6 entrees and nothing will be priced above $20. The chef was keeping the name a closely held secret, but indicated it is a name that will complement the Lily Marlene name. They plan to have outdoor seating all summer.

Definitely can't wait for this to open, I have a feeling it could become my "place" - you know, where everybody knows your name.... well I won't go that far until I see it, but I heard from a friend who got a tour that the inside is amazing - full of rich detailing, etc. I know the chef through this friend of mine, he used to work at CAV.

Anyone ever get deja vu when posting, sorry if I repeated myself above....

Jacob Licht was bought by Trimark, a huge restaurant equipment supply company. My husband went in on Saturday and was told they won't be re-opening after the move as Jacob Licht. He did say the there were some good deals to be had on cookware and came home with a pan he bought on deep discount.

Hey does anyone know whats going into the building just to the left of Jacob Licht? If they unbrick the windows it could be a nice storefront. It looks like they have taken down at least some of the brick already. Also - I noticed that Almontes on Fed Hill has closed - has this been empty for long? Its too bad - I liked the old school feel of that storefront.

So are we getting trees on Atwells or something? There are holes cut in the sidewalk at a spacing that indicates trees. Is someone going to take care of them, or are we going to have broken sticks lining the street next year?

So are we getting trees on Atwells or something? There are holes cut in the sidewalk at a spacing that indicates trees. Is someone going to take care of them, or are we going to have broken sticks lining the street next year?

Federal Hill is getting fiber optic!

One of the Verizon guys who've been buzzing around my block since last week told me they expect it to be up and running by this July. The minimum connection speed (5Mbps) is 5x faster than my current DSL connection through Verizon! I can hardly wait!

More info here: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFiOS/

Federal Hill is getting fiber optic!

One of the Verizon guys who've been buzzing around my block since last week told me they expect it to be up and running by this July. The minimum connection speed (5Mbps) is 5x faster than my current DSL connection through Verizon! I can hardly wait!

More info here: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFiOS/

Archived