>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, i am italian. i've been told that if i had an italian accent (rather than a new haven accent), i'd look off the boat.

also, most italians in RI are yankee fans. i see just as many yankee license plate frames, bumper stickers, shirts, and hats here as i do red sox stuff.

yeah, kind of odd, huh? and i believe the one doing the judging came from a less urban area in CT.

i have a feeling i'm on the road to being ignored.

http://providence.univers-clt.com/view_pro...p;series_card=1

This is the coolest O'ville building.. Was on sale about 5 years ago for 150k, but didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.. Whoever did, turned it into a pimped out pad.. Does anyone know of any other ex firehouse or police houses for sale? Or any other small brick odd buildings for sale?

http://providence.univers-clt.com/view_pro...p;series_card=1

This is the coolest O'ville building.. Was on sale about 5 years ago for 150k, but didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.. Whoever did, turned it into a pimped out pad.. Does anyone know of any other ex firehouse or police houses for sale? Or any other small brick odd buildings for sale?

Was that before or after it was SoundStation7? I was in there when it was setup as a recording studio and it was just fantastic. I would have LOVED to have bought it. Totally amazing building, and it has great views from the top of the hose tower. The studio was awesome too - They used the hose tower as a reverb chamber - great adaptive use!

Was that before or after it was SoundStation7? I was in there when it was setup as a recording studio and it was just fantastic. I would have LOVED to have bought it. Totally amazing building, and it has great views from the top of the hose tower. The studio was awesome too - They used the hose tower as a reverb chamber - great adaptive use!

Three words: location, location, loca...nope, that's not it.

Actually, this building is huge...has the stables as well as the main block.

Before everyone gets too excited, I'm not saying that this building is for sale. I'm just saying that I wish someone would buy it and realize its potential.

Wouldn't that mean risking gentrification? Also, there's a blown out beauty on Aleppo Street behind the Atlantic Mills that is owned by the City.

I think that building is being converted to affordable housing on the upper floors by Olneyville Housing Corp.

please don't automatically associate the term "gentrification" with "increased housing prices" as it does not mean that. gentrification means cleaning up the neighborhood and that could be creating more affordable housing and helping people have more pride in their neighborhood and helping rid it of crime and filth (which can be defined as vandalism, litter, rats, etc).

so as far as i'm concerned, there's never a "risk" of gentrification. there's a risk of having something converted to high priced condos, pricing residents out of their own neighborhood, but that is not gentrification.

please don't automatically associate the term "gentrification" with "increased housing prices" as it does not mean that. gentrification means cleaning up the neighborhood and that could be creating more affordable housing and helping people have more pride in their neighborhood and helping rid it of crime and filth (which can be defined as vandalism, litter, rats, etc).

Archived