>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I get home from work and "Screw You The Ank" is mowed in the lawn like the decorative sox emblem @ Fenway.. Well.. I'm not paying him.. You can call it art or peoples history all you want.. That landscaper can call the ACLU on me.. I'm not paying.. Its this simple..

Thanks MIJ.. I wouldn't say old school.. To me old school in PVD is Buddy Cianci and the old guard.. Awful.. I voted for Cicilline.. I agree with changes the city is making, most of them make me downright giddy.. The city has come a long way, and I love it.. Buddy being back here makes me nervous..

But to me, these people, the Lu Heintz's impose their will, swill, and misguided opinios on other people.. I am 100% against that.. I do my thing, you do yours.. As long as what I do doesn't neg effect your life, all is good, end of story..

I don't design any trash cans.. I don't hold press conferences saying that The Steelyard is an eyesore to me, that it looks like a auto junk yard on acid when I drive by every day.. Its not my business or place to say..

I'm not against the message on the can, per se.. I'm against the message on the can that was paid for.. If the Steelyard wants to paint a Anti-Gentrification mural on their newly refaced bricks, then go for it I say.. Thats their right..

I think for the most part, regular everyday people are impressionable.. They enjoy being lied to, its a sense of comfort.. Its sad.. But true.. So when The Steelyard spews these lies of gentrification and rising rents and displacement.. People will believe them.. Because the opposition, the people who love the change.. Are at work, and too busy working to pay the taxes that pay for the subsidies given to developers to make our life better in The O...

La Prima restaurant at 205 Broadway has closed.

I noticed a sign on the door this week and figured that Phil was out sick. Today, they're selling off the chairs, neon signs, etc. Very sad - especially since Phil was a good guy who was active in the neighborhood. It's especially surprising because it seemed that business was good and the expanded hours had been a success.

Really a shame.

Wow. I drove by yesterday and thought they wre just remodeling. I wonder what happened? The little restaurant was such an asset to Broadway, I thought.

La Prima restaurant at 205 Broadway has closed.

I noticed a sign on the door this week and figured that Phil was out sick. Today, they're selling off the chairs, neon signs, etc. Very sad - especially since Phil was a good guy who was active in the neighborhood. It's especially surprising because it seemed that business was good and the expanded hours had been a success.

Really a shame.

Livvies Uptown Salon has also moved. It seems like there's plenty of activity--maybe the rents are getting too high? In any event, La Prima cafe should be now zoned for restaurant, including outdoor seating so hopefully there will be another nice cafe there. Maybe one that scoops ice cream on a hot summer night.

Livvies Uptown Salon has also moved. It seems like there's plenty of activity--maybe the rents are getting too high? In any event, La Prima cafe should be now zoned for restaurant, including outdoor seating so hopefully there will be another nice cafe there. Maybe one that scoops ice cream on a hot summer night.

beeper store.

According to this article in today's Providence Journal, Bistros bloom on Broadway, Pat Lowney will be taking over La Prima's space and opening Broadway Bistro in the new few weeks.

With the quick turnaround at La Prima and the recent opening of Seven Stars, I'm surprised that the former Daily Bread space at the corner of Ringold and Broadway still remains vacant.

So I just called the YMCA on Broad Street thinking I'd join up like a good doobie and work on my fitness. I'm not sure if they've said anything official, but the woman on the phone said that there's no sense in joing because that branch is closing. uggg :angry:

What crap...

Then she says "well you can try the one in Cranston...it's only 1.5 miles away"

...as if

So I just called the YMCA on Broad Street thinking I'd join up like a good doobie and work on my fitness. I'm not sure if they've said anything official, but the woman on the phone said that there's no sense in joing because that branch is closing. uggg :angry:

What crap...

Then she says "well you can try the one in Cranston...it's only 1.5 miles away"

...as if

The Broad St Y will be closing so that the new one on Adelaide Avenue can open. Not that it is much closer than the Cranston one (which is pretty nice) The pool at the East Side Y always made me sick, but the westin fitness center is quite nice, but the pool is about the size of an egg crate. If i still worked downtown I would have kept my Westin membership.

Archived