>> Providence West Neighborhoods

Cotuit

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we woke up this morning to find a brand spankin' new "2 Hour Parking" sign right in front of our home on Broadway. Anyone know the deal with this? I looked across the street, and saw no sign there. I wonder if our block was targeted for some reason, or if it's just a matter of time before the entire street converts?

Between ourselves and our neighbors, we currently have to maneuver 4 cars in one driveway - meaning that we often have to park on the street during the day so that we can all come and go. When I lived in DC, residents were exempt from the 2 hour parking rule on the street - is there anything like this in Providence?

So we woke up this morning to find a brand spankin' new "2 Hour Parking" sign right in front of our home on Broadway. Anyone know the deal with this? I looked across the street, and saw no sign there. I wonder if our block was targeted for some reason, or if it's just a matter of time before the entire street converts?

I've lived on Broadway for 10 years and thought the entire street was 2-hour parking; seems like it's been like that for some time. There is no time limit on the side streets which is why I see people parking in the morning and leaving there car there all day.

i have a feeling there were once signs there and the city is just getting around to replacing them. park on the side streets if need be, or across the street where there is no sign. if they ticket your car, take a picture of it showing no visible signs nearby.

Traffic Engineering has been on a rampage of sign replacement, and PPD has stepped up enforcement. New parking enforcement officers have been hired. You may have noticed them travelling in pairs lately, these are new officers in training.

Archived