Traffic Congestion and Highway Construction

monsoon

47 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

@kaymanisn't there a technological difference though? 

It depends the type of railway infrastructure is used to determine that.  If it uses a seperate track from the existing Class A railway within the right of way then yeah it is.  However, if it shares three same trackage with the Class A railway then no. Also an overhead catanary versus diesel multiple unit (DMU) engine powered versus an electrified third rail plays a role in regulation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from Greensboro UP site and from our newly passed state budget this little tidbit for this area:

what designation would this be?  an offshoot of I-85 or I-26?  Like a I-226?

image.png.012ef7b1e150baa31318df39e6173400.png

I think it would have to be an auxiliary of I-26. None of the even I-85 designations are available and are used elsewhere in the state. They might want to avoid I-226, because NC 226 is currently used and crosses US 74 in Shelby. I’m going to guess and say I-426, I-626 or I-826 would be used for this segment of US 74. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

don't hate on the Gate City they only have these interstates: I-85, I-785, I-73, I-40, I-840 and soon I-685 (now US 421) and I-74 passes through Guilford County too.  

I guess this renumbering of US 74 west from I-85 to I-26 will be something like I-426 or I-826. 

Don’t forget I-85 Business. And short-lived I-40 Business (RIP) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Don’t forget I-85 Business. And short-lived I-40 Business (RIP) 

sad to report Business 85 will no longer be called that soon as they removing the signs and designation.

Business Loop I-85 - Lexington, High Point, Greensboro - AARoads - North Carolina   now it will be just US 29 or whatever other route they run on it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

sad to report Business 85 will no longer be called that soon as they removing the signs and designation.

Business Loop I-85 - Lexington, High Point, Greensboro - AARoads - North Carolina   now it will be just US 29 or whatever other route they run on it.  

Feels like closing the barn door after the horse escaped :)

IMG_4686.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, nicholas said:

Speaking of interstates.  I am continually astounded by the number of absolute idiots who will not move out of the left lane when there is a faster vehicle behind them.

Guilty. I can't stand when some dipsh*t is blazing down the left lane and flashes their lights at me. At that point I ain't moving over no matter what. :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CLTranspo said:

By digging your feet in and trying to teach some random stranger a lesson (to slow down) you're making the roadway less safe for everyone. Now that person will most likely pass you on the right and weave around other traffic in a more dangerous way than if you just moved over since you are slower traffic.

So be it 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Sorry but if you don’t move over, you are the problem. It’s important to recognize that when someone flies up behind you, you have no idea why they are speeding. Sure, they could just be a reckless jerk but it also could be someone having an emergency, on their way to the hospital! Point is, you don’t know, so move over. 

Edit add add:, I used to work in traffic safety for AAA Carolinas so I have some expertise but it’s really just common sense, people. 

Shouldn't you  have on your emergency flashing lights if it's an emergency?

• Like 1