Norfolk International Airport

willy

On 11/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, baobabs727 said:

Additional (very recent) titillating, non-terrestrial transportation tidbits from our neighbors to the North.... Soo very delish! If we somehow beat them again this year (fairly unlikely), surely their heads will EXPLODE!! HAHA. 

(Note: any emphasis is mine)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Not what I wanted to see, but these are strong numbers.  Barely beat ORF who had 385,988." 

"After slipping for the summer months, we've [sic] back to beating ORF. Okay - it was by a nose in September - just under 3,000 passengers - but I was honestly thinking that ORF would beat us in September before we flipped the script in the fall, since September can kind of be a leftover/lag month from the summer travel season (whereas October is not). Recall we built a sizeable lead over ORF through May - and ORF chipped into it over the summer. Staying ahead of ORF for the full year is VERY important - RIC needs to be able to lay claim to the unofficial title of "Virginia's busiest airport not counting D.C."  

Jeezus......I guess its a race now. I dont think any of us here in Norfolk really even cared if RIC was ahead or not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This just in. From a post in the RIC forum. 

"We are kind of in the perfect spot to capture people wanting to fly to Europe from Norfolk" -A unnamed user. 

"This is also a long-shot opinion from me
, but I think one thing we really need to pull MORE people from NOVA & Norfolk is a proper train station at / near the airport." -A unnamed user

I dont know how many times I have to say this. RIC is a good airport, the forum members are good people. But why the hell are they talking about trying to take passengers from our airport. I wasn't aware we were trying to drain each other's airports here? 100 miles away from each other and were trying to drain the other of business?  

Edited by mintscraft56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyways Norfolk International Airport has so far had 250,000 more people than last year according to this short but informational article. It also notes our soon to come Terminals and Walkway but it does not note our proposed hotel.  https://wydaily.com/latest-news/2023/10/22/norfolk-international-airport-set-to-undergo-major-renovations/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another juicy morsel from the UP-RVA-RIC Hit Parade: 

"With that said, RIC is getting better.  It’s not where we would like it to be yet, but we are cheering it on so that one day, it will be THE airport for ALL Virginians outside of the DC area.  Just something to look forward to!  I believe it will happen one day!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baobabs727 said:

"With that said, RIC is getting better.  It’s not where we would like it to be yet, but we are cheering it on so that one day, it will be THE airport for ALL Virginians outside of the DC area.  Just something to look forward to!  I believe it will happen one day!

I would love to know the scientific reasoning behind this claim... or at least get next week's lotto numbers from this person 😂

• Haha 2

On 11/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, baobabs727 said:

They best know that all 1.7/1.8 million of us here in Hampton roads arent going to drive 2 hours northwest just to get to an airport when we already have a well established International airport here at home that is at worst 5-30 minutes away depending where you are in the 7 cities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it’s a few hours from London, I’ve said that a “Norfolk to Norfolk” marketing campaign writes itself, and I’m sure Breeze is probably keeping us in mind. 

Anywhere International would be a huge win for ORF, tho. Any idea how Breeze does here compared to other airports?

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, lammius said:

How about Norfolk to Norfolk Island?

It would be very cool (and probably a international first) if a airline offered Norfolk to Norfolk flights to most other norfolks within a reachable distance from our airport. 

Out of all Norfolks, I believe we are the biggest one in the US in terms of Downtown and population. 

But there are only 9 other Norfolks in the world including Norfolk UK, Norfolk VA (thats us), Norfolk Island AU, and Norfolk NE. 
Imagine if we had a interconnected web of Norfolks. A flight to real big areas like Norfolk UK would be a huge win for us. It would actually be a pretty good win for them too. 

• 2 weeks later...