Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Crane is now up at the Westmont (Acklen Park) apartments location. This is a tower crane and looms large on the hill.

Workers on location at the 22nd State. This is Tony's micro unit apartments. Work to start soon.

Construction trailer on site at a the Lincoln properties location on Charloote next to the Sheds project.

The apartments that were on Louise st that caught fire, is now cleaned up and it looks as if the are getting ready for the rebuild.

Just two iPhone photos from my bike ride today. It was awesome to see so much activity going on downtown today. Granted it is a holiday weekend, and the weather is great. The pedestrian bridge has become a very popular place for people to take photos of downtown. There were 100s of people easily on it when I was riding home.

IMG_0034a_zps277e6c27.jpg

I have noticed lots of activity on the riverfront. I wonder if they are trying to finish another stage before the next Titans season begins.

IMG_0027a_zpsc9953356.jpg

• Like 2

Just two iPhone photos from my bike ride today. It was awesome to see so much activity going on downtown today. Granted it is a holiday weekend, and the weather is great. The pedestrian bridge has become a very popular place for people to take photos of downtown. There were 100s of people easily on it when I was riding home.

IMG_0034a_zps277e6c27.jpg

I have noticed lots of activity on the riverfront. I wonder if they are trying to finish another stage before the next Titans season begins.

IMG_0027a_zpsc9953356.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the next phase of the riverfront had begun in front of the stadium and Ghost Ballet as well as work on the West Bank near the amphitheater site?

^^^ Ok, I know I've just got to be looking at this wrong, but that shows the MCC clearly, but I can't for the life of me see Pinnacle or the Encore? :dunno:

edit- Nevermind, I think I can see them now, although you kinda have to look for them by their shadows. Interesting view from that angle.

Edited by NikOnder

True, but check that aerial again in 5 years when the effects from HCA/NW Mutual, the ballpark, Embrey, 909 and all the Germantown projects start being felt.

Those projects still will not help the vast state employee parking lots that line the outside of James Robertson Parkway.  Obviously the Capital lawn and Bicentennial Mall will (and should) remain green space.  But there is and will still be a lot of pavement/gravel lining JRP.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

Not nearly as bad as the long strip of wasteland known as the East Bank clear to the interstate.

At least some of the East Bank is finally getting turned into parks.  Cumberland Park is great.  We'll see how the rest of the East Bank parkland turns out.

But, yeah, the LP field and other assorted parking lots are a waste.  And the industrial/warehouse stuff along Cowan Street, while not anything to write home about architecturally, is functional and probably represents the highest and best use of that land that lies mostly in a floodplane.

Hopefully there will come a day when some of that parking lot space at LP will be used for something other than a parking lot and the Titans can build a parking structure next to that stadium to address parking for games.  Maybe leave one area open for tailgaters.

We have heard on the east side that the parking lot is for the new Titans Stadium at some point. When the current one is too old, they will build the new one next to it, tear the existing one down, and that is where the parking will be.

We have heard on the east side that the parking lot is for the new Titans Stadium at some point. When the current one is too old, they will build the new one next to it, tear the existing one down, and that is where the parking will be.

Where do they think they are?  Atlanta? 

I don't think the timeline for the "new" Titans stadium is anytime real soon. The stadium is a little over 15 years old. Most stadiums seem to have a life of 20-30 years. Some more, some less. I think 25 years is somewhat reasonable. Over the course of a few decades, stadium design can change pretty dramatically. LP certainly isn't cutting edge, but it isn't obsolete, either. But there will be a time when that happens. The question will be, can the stadium be retrofitted or remodeled to conform with other NFL stadiums (i.e. Soldier Field), or will a new one have to be built (i.e. MetLife Stadium)?

I think it is wise to have a large parcel that is capable of supporting an NFL stadium footprint adjacent to the property. This means that when the time does come, then Nashville isn't left with the option of the team leaving because there is no suitable site, or the team bolting for the suburbs, or the expensive acquisition of land via eminent domain for a new stadium near the core (and possibly in a worse location).

Another thing to consider is that when the new stadium is constructed, the grounds of the old stadium can be filled, and some of the land can be incorporated into the riverfront development (provided that some parking can be shifted to a parking structure).

the titans lot bounded by 2nd, Russell, Woodland, and interstate drive should be converted into a garage now, it is not in the obvious footprint for a new stadium and would open up other areas to get rid of some surface parking.  I actually have in mind the lot closest to the river along Russel, woodland and first.  the half along first could be developed while the half closest to the rive could be incorporated into the new riverfront park.